• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Remade?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder when we'll get a Devil May Cry 1 & 2 Remake after seeing Resident Evil 2's Remake?

We could surely get a hi-def Dante & Trish. And fix up Dante's personality in 2 and Lucia's.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wonder when we'll get a Devil May Cry 1 & 2 Remastered after seeing Resident Evil 2's Remastered?

We could surely get a hi-def Dante & Trish. And fix up Dante's personality in 2 and Lucia's.
A remastered edition won't do all that.

A "from the ground up" remake like ff7r would.

It will also depend on the success of DMCV.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd love to see DMC5 graphics applied to DMC1. However, I also don't want that because I like the nostalgia of DMC1's asthetic y'know. It will look and play good but it won't "FEEL" like DMC1.

DarkSlayer54

I'd love to see DMC5 graphics applied to DMC1. However, I also don't want that because I like the nostalgia of DMC1's asthetic y'know. It will look and play good but it won't "FEEL" like DMC1.

I think DMC1 would fit the best with the new engine. My only concern would be with the gameplay... I'd expect them to stay true to it's general gameplay design.

The atmosphere would be tough to recapture, but I think they could do it. It would be a good learning experience for them, and who knows... If they nailed it, I'd at least have hope for a successor to DMC1.

Meg

I personally would love a remake of the original DMC. It was a fantastic game at the time but, while still great, is really showing its age. Remaking it with platforming that actually works, a better camera, and upgraded combat would be really cool to see. And like DT said, if it sucks then we'd still have the original.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A remake of 2 would be interesting because its the game a lot of people didn't take to so it has a lot of freedom for you to tinker and toy with.

That might be a good way for them to try out new directors after Itsuno leaves.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
DMC1 & 2 could surely use some fixing.

DMC1 & 2’s characters felt like robots.

Should 3 get too or it’s fine?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I like the old games as they are for that touch of nostalgia. And there’s always the HD Collection for those graphical touch ups. But a complete remake? Nah, I’d much rather they used their resources to carry on making new instalments in the franchise.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It would be nice to fix DMC2.

Fix the characters and the demons to be given personalities. Like that Bolverk guy.

And change Lucia for everyone one of us to love her as with the other ladies!

DarkSlayerVergil

It would be nice to fix DMC2.

Fix the characters and the demons to be given personalities. Like that Bolverk guy.

And change Lucia for everyone one of us to love her as with the other ladies!
Honestly thiers nothing to change about Lucia character unless you mean make her like Trish and Lady personality wise? If so I'd say keep her how she is, she's unique to stand out on her own.

Reactions: Gel

Goldsickle

Stop calling the new RE2 a "remaster." It's a remake.

There's a reason why people call it RE2 Remake.
Next, you gotta put up with the change-hating Luddites who insist that the game is a "reimagining".

Nobody in the development team ever said "this is not a remake" and you can see that both producers called it a "remake" in multiple interviews, even in Japanese language.

DarkSlayer54

Next, you gotta put up with the change-hating Luddites who insist that the game is a "reimagining".

Nobody in the development team ever said "this is not a remake" and you can see that both producers called it a "remake" in multiple interviews, even in Japanese language.

I'd say it's a reimagining and a remake. If you remake a game, but change the gameplay extensively, then you're going above and beyond with it.

Top Bottom