• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Remade?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Next, you gotta put up with the change-hating Luddites who insist that the game is a "reimagining".

Nobody in the development team ever said "this is not a remake" and you can see that both producers called it a "remake" in multiple interviews, even in Japanese language.

That is all you need to know.

They've basically been calling it a "remake" since that video.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Why are we focusing our attention on a mistake that the OP made? I think we’ve established now that RE2 is going to be a remake. The original post was even edited accordingly. Seems pointless now to keep stating it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd prefer a remake of 4 over 3.

But i rather just get new material rather than reworked material.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd love a DMC1 remake, or even a 2 rebuild, but RE is probably the single most prolific franchise in Capcom's portafolio and they'd do more for it than for most other of their franchises. For RE they'd shoot a puppy on live television and advertise it, even if it was just to make a cheap commercial for an RE spin off releasing in 2019 on the Gameboy Color. DMC, though, not so much. If DMC was a puppy... well, let's just say they wouldn't hesitate.

A Shadow of the Colossus remake, with just as much attention and care, would be the greatest thing in the world and I'd shot any 5 of you, 10 if it didn't have to be shoot to kill, to get it. Believe you me, I've thought about it, plenty... The remake, not the shooting any of you to have it done, part. That's just us, though. There just isn't enough interest outside of the hard core community to justify this, as much as I'd want it and plead for it. Plus, as @DragonMaster2010 pointed out, what if in the proses they'd lost that intangible quality that made the game great? Everyone complains about the rigid combat, the bad voice acting, the camera angles, and the less than stellar dialogue, and if there were talks of doing this those would be the very first things everyone and their grandmas would start to demand be changed, but get rid of those things and you change the game completely.

I know people are excited for REmake 2 but that game completely changes what the original game was and turns it into something damn near unrecognizable. REmake 1 & 2 are not in the same spirit because in the first REmake they changed the dialogue, they added rooms monsters and mechanics, they changed voice actors, but the atmosphere, the feel, the roots of the game are damn near intact. That's not the case with REmake 2. That game feels, sounds, and acts nothing like it's source material. It's not in the same spirit and, by extent, it's lost something intangible, something fundamentally unique to it. I can't argue about the quality of the game because I haven't played it but I do know that just because a game is superior in every way to another it won't make that game as iconic. There is more to it than that and if there was to be a DMC1 remake there is the risk that for the same of standardization and accessibility the game will lose that fundamental something that makes it great. I'd rather just get a faithful HD port than a remake from the ground up, which I understand is hard to do, but it can't be harder than a remake.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The only real reason i can think for remaking DMC 1 is to simply improve the barebones plot, the gameplay is still pretty solid aside from some minor camera issues every now&then. I'd say Remake the black sheep DMC 2, that is the game which needs a 100% remake. Its so bad gameplay wise and so disconnected chronologically from every other game.

Top Bottom