• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon

The Bat Of Love
Sparda™;196371 said:
And what did I say?!

Dragon Ball Z is a bad example. It has always been an anime, so It didn't work as a live-action adaption.

Devil May Cry is different. It was done as an anime, after being released as a franchise with three titles. It would definitely work as a live-action adaption, but using the technology of being recorded in both 2D and 3D with stereoscopic cameras - just like Avatar - would make the movie look flawlessly executed.

As for the actors though, like I've mentioned above, I would suggest...

quartetdmc.jpg

Johnny Depp - DANTE
Christian Bale - VERGIL
Rebecca Romijn - TRISH
Kate Beckinsale - LADY

i like the cast but dante and vergil are twins =P wouldnt they need the same actor to play both? also im a big Beckinsale fan and i think she would play trish better

Ben Barnes as - Dante and Vergil (Dorian Gray)
Kate Beckinsale as - Trish (underworld -Selene-)
Olivia Wilde as - Lady (House -13-)

Sparda™

Demon;196419 said:
i like the cast but dante and vergil are twins =P wouldnt they need the same actor to play both? also im a big Beckinsale fan and i think she would play trish better

Ben Barnes as - Dante and Vergil (Dorian Gray)
Kate Beckinsale as - Trish (underworld -Selene-)
Olivia Wilde as - Lady (House -13-)

Dante and Vergil are twins but Vergil has sharper face features. That's why you need someone else to play him.

Kate Beckinsale is a horrible blond. Sorry. Give her Lady.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
I agree to what Demon said, both Dante and Vergil should be played by the same actor, though one of the two characters`d need a voice actor. However, you got the right actresses for Lady and Trish ;)

Sparda™

DeviRyuuD;196463 said:
I agree to what Demon said, both Dante and Vergil should be played by the same actor, though one of the two characters`d need a voice actor. However, you got the right actresses for Lady and Trish ;)

Dante and Vergil can be still played by two different actors.

If anyone of you would be still following me, the stereoscopic cameras used for the Avatar movie would arrange facial features without ruining the originality.

As for the actresses, thanks. ;)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;196396 said:
I think if a DMC movie is gonna be a reality, it's gonna be like Avatar. It looks cooler than ANY other movie I've seen

I'm with you 120%. Avatar was BRILLIANT, and will by residing as my current 'Favourite movie of all time' until the next graphically enchanced movie blows me over. I waited for that movie for MONTHS, and I was NOT disappointed (although I did laugh at the most random moments through the movie, like when they... I mean...whoa... seriously, what was the dude thinking? She's an ALIEN! He probably doesn't get much, I guess...hahahaha) Anyway!

Back on topic - I saw a movie the other day with Ben Barnes in it. He was pretty damn good! I made a bet with my friend that he's the Depp (because they REALLY look alike) and lost - obviously.
So I've changed my mind.
Johnny Depp to be cast as Dante.
Ben Barnes to play Vergil.
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5000000/ben-barnes-HD-ben-barnes-5086672-1650-1100.jpg
Or maybe the other way around - the Depp has the eyebrows to do Vergil better. LOL.
http://www.canaltcm.com/myfiles/doctora-amor/johnny-depp-sleepy-hollow.jpg
Now THAT'S a movie I wanna see. ^_^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
No doubt hollywood won't give us what we want!
I agree with Christian Bale as Vergil.
If you look at a pic of him from Batman Begins (In the bat costume) you can pick out cheekbones that look like Vergil's.
Who the hell is Ben Barnes... I have never heard of him before.

Railazel

I'm not one to choose an actor because, in my opinion, none would actually fit the bill as much as I want them too. I usually just let the directors decide.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Railazel;196504 said:
I'm not one to choose an actor because, in my opinion, none would actually fit the bill as much as I want them too. I usually just let the directors decide.

Eh... You've got a point. I just hope the director decides on some GOOD actors though...

aoshi

I think johny depp is too old to play dante. Christian bale has the looks but i doubt if he can pull off vergil.

I believe this guy can pull of vergil. He was great in Hannibal rising and can carry a samurai sword.I think he can carry yamatoa.

vergil.jpg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aoshi;196624 said:
I believe this guy can pull of vergil. He was great in Hannibal rising and can carry a samurai sword.I think he can carry yamato.

vergil.jpg

He certainly LOOKS the part... I'll just have to take your word for it.

Sparda™

But of course, the technology used in Avatar was revolutionary - never seen before in cinematography - stereoscopic cameras.

The movie itself will need at least 2 years to be scripted, and the cast needed is to be composed of well-known actors - who have participated before in an action genre movie.

Not saying my cast is perfect, but the four I chose fit the role better than any second/third-hand actor who just looks like him, can act or just is qualified to pull out stunts.

That's ancient mentality. A-list actors are needed for an A-list genre of gaming, for an A-list franchise as Devil May Cry.

Merging this with the latest tech used in cinematography, a budget of at least 250 millions, and you'll have the next Matrix-like breakthrough movie-franchise.

The only directors who'd pull out something like this, would be James Cameron (ALIEN/Terminator/Avatar) and the Wachowski Brothers (Matrix/V for Vendetta/Speed Racer).

A collaboration between the three, plus latest tech, plus A-list cast, plus A-list directors and the result will be phenomenal.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ You know what else would be phenomenal? The cost... Seriously, the tech for Avatar didn't come cheap. Who's to say it'll be any cheaper in 2012? (assuming the 2 years thing you said goes into effect)

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;196655 said:
^ You know what else would be phenomenal? The cost... Seriously, the tech for Avatar didn't come cheap. Who's to say it'll be any cheaper in 2012? (assuming the 2 years thing you said goes into effect)

The overall cost for Avatar went a little over half a billion dollars.

What I said above, was that If Capcom doesn't want another of her famous franchises being adapted at the point of not making sense at all - Resident Evil - they need to throw serious money on this.

aoshi

Sparda™;196653 said:
The movie itself will need at least 2 years to be scripted, and the cast needed is to be composed of well-known actors - who have participated before in an action genre movie.

Johny depp is not in genre of action movies. Pirates Of Carribean was not action but an adventure movie. DMC is an action more and adventure less game.Movie needs to have more action. Christian bale does not have orthodox samurai look. I am sure he can please noobs but critics will kill him if he does not pull it off.Besides he too is a little old to play vergil.

Sparda™;196653 said:
Not saying my cast is perfect, but the four I chose fit the role better than any second/third-hand actor who just looks like him, can act or just is qualified to pull out stunts.

That's ancient mentality. A-list actors are needed for an A-list genre of gaming, for an A-list franchise as Devil May Cry.

Actors need to suit the role both physically and to adaptation. It does not matter if are A-listed or B-Listed as far as the movie is concerned. Tobey maguire was not an A-List actor to make spider-man a success and so was not leonardo di caprio when titanic was made.

Hannibal rising was a great movie and it did not have "most paid" actors in hollywood.

Sparda™;196653 said:
Merging this with the latest tech used in cinematography, a budget of at least 250 millions, and you'll have the next Matrix-like breakthrough movie-franchise.

The only directors who'd pull out something like this, would be James Cameron (ALIEN/Terminator/Avatar) and the Wachowski Brothers (Matrix/V for Vendetta/Speed Racer).

A collaboration between the three, plus latest tech, plus A-list cast, plus A-list directors and the result will be phenomenal.

I am not sure of the director. I believe ANG-LEE (Director of hulk and Crouching tiger hidden dragon) would be more suitable.Again does not need to be A-Listed. I would want the movie to be accepted by critics jus like the game.

I believe Resident evil was a game on "fear". Movie hardly brought any fear to audiences and thus did not please the critics.

Sparda™

Pleasing critics?

That's the way critics are pleased, watching A-list stuff in a blinder and the result is something epic.

For your information, Johnny Depp has played in Once Upon a Time in Mexico, action genre. Pirates of the Caribbean had action as one of its genres.

Christian Bale has played in Equilibrium. Vergil is no samurai. Tobey Maguire was an A-list, and Leonardo Di Caprio had already played in several movies and was a promising actor since 16. The director of Titanic is James Cameron, A-list director.

You just proved my point with your two examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom