• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;191820 said:
Also, i expect Dante has been smacked in the face after leaving a woman without saying goodbye just like Jack Sparrow :D
(although, no one knows if Dante is/was like that.)

Well... he got shot in the head twice, and that's just because he was trying to be charming. I'm sure he got loads of slaps :D

I'm with Sparda on this one. Johnny Depp is like a chameleon, his acting is brilliant. I barely recognized him in Neverland and Public Enemy, because the roles he was playing was so different from Edward Scissorhands and Jack Sparrow. This dude has some serious talent.

AND, I recon he would be awesome playing both guys (Vergil & Dante) Because he's just that damn good.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Hmm... I'm just wondering 'cause I'm confuuuuzzzed, but is there REALLY, SERIOUSLY, HONESTLY, TRULY, going to be a DMC live-action movie in the said future? It's like this long thread of discussion has got me lost...:wacko:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Rumour has it there is one coming out next year.
The reality is that sadly, it is just a rumour. Until we get to see some previews.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
clairavance;192013 said:
Rumour has it there is one coming out next year.
The reality is that sadly, it is just a rumour. Until we get to see some previews.

I see, thanks claira. Someone has put a bit of info up at imdb.com, but I guess that's just wishful thinking at this point. Not MY wishful thinking. Mine would be Capcom making a CGI movie with all my fave mocap actors.

aoshi

I believe watching gaming characters in flesh would be a change of perspective as games hardly have emotions. But i wish they dont suck it up. Like RE apocalypse where it was jus about hunting zombies. Action can be found plenty in games movies can hardly recreate. Good characterisation would be a change. DMC4 is cinematic and can make a good movie. I would prefer josh hartnet play nero as of now but am not sure.

Railazel

In my opinion, its Good Acting vs Character Looks. Its good that he's a good actor, but if he doesn't look like Dante, I'll be very disappointed. On the other hand, if he looks like Dante but is crappy at acting, again, I would be disappointed.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
Railazel tha wot i was thinkin i want sum guy ho can act + hav 2 be a good lookin guy aswel and make it a 18 or 15 i want blood and gore

aoshi

I am sure this guy would make a great dante. Has the wittiness and attitude of dante.

01.jpg

morganjames

I'd love a movie of DMC directed by Robert Rodriguez
No! He will not do it justice.

Tim Burton would certainly be able to pull off the aesthetic and visual part but he is not an action guy.

I don't know the whole story about it, but Capcom said that Hollywood could use the Title and some characters (Jill Valentine was in Apocalypse) but they told them to come up with their own storylines.

Isn't this always the case. Take the name to sell tickets and then create something that has very little to do with the source material.

W.S. Anderson
He is they director behind Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil and Pandorum. He can make a cool flick.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
GamblingGambitCloud;187439 said:
my point exactly...so don't say that it's anime because it's creators are japanese...and if it resembles an anime, then more power to it...but that doesn't make it's style anime and it most certainly does not make the characters anime

Devil May Cry actually has an anime series out. So does Final Fantasy lol. The term "Anime" means Japanese Animation. And animation isn't just cartoons smart one.

lol I've come back after working and dealing with dramam and only to see all this pointless arguments.

Honestly, I can't really see anyone playing as Dante or Vergil that won't f**k it up. At least not at the moment

Zato-OW

King
I didn't think this topic was still alive. Anyway, I think it was just rumors that a DMC movie was being made. People love to spread those for some odd reason.

AzureNight13

Premium
Yeah, people see something (even if it's most likey untrue) about a movie being made, they freakout like Twilight fan girls lol.

Zato-OW

King
AzureNight13;195935 said:
Yeah, people see something (even if it's most likey untrue) about a movie being made, they freakout like Twilight fan girls lol.

Oh ya those are the worst. :lol:

Zato-OW

King
AzureNight13;195942 said:
^ Indeed. More reason to never make a movie based on a game XD

I'm not a big fan of game movies. Well tbh I never been and probably I never will be. They always screw them up and I mean always. Doom was probably the only exception.

AzureNight13

Premium
It's usually always like that. I only saw the Silent Hill movie to see Pyramid Head hehe. Only good things I like in video game movies is mostly the music. Screw the plots I say XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom