• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
AzureNight13;195944 said:
It's usually always like that. I only saw the Silent Hill movie to see Pyramid Head hehe. Only good things I like in video game movies is mostly the music. Screw the plots I say XP

Well video game movies tend to lean away from the original plot. Which is asking to get lashed out at from the fans of that game. If the action is good then I'll sit through it.

Sparda™

People need to understand game-based movies will never follow the original script, because It needs to be adapted to the mass. Often, this adaption is 100% new to the already game storyline, but It's the sad truth.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Normally movies are made to bring more ppl into an already existing franchise.

It's a bit off topic, but it'll prove something from a fans view.
I got for christmas the new Star Trek film on DVD.
I've been a fan for years and like to think that i know quite a bit about Star Trek. But after i watched the movie through, i realized that it had left out alotta stuff. And as a fan i felt very let down.

Say DMC is made into a film and more fans are brought into the series, but as existing fans we'll be aware of the tiniest little detail that is forgotten, and to us the film will be a let down.

Capcom will have to keep to the story of Sparda, Dante etc... But they will also have to make it appealing to ppl that have never been interested in the games.

Plus, on a website that i know, hardly any gamers favor games made into Hollywood films

aoshi

Good characterisation that make game characters appealing in flesh would be welcome if not screw up both game and movie. DMC can make a great movie if made by a good director that understands the game and artwork behind and not concentrate on mass appeal.

Recreating action in games through movies is not a good attempt and at speed of game in discussion, protagonist would look like a cartoon. Action involving graphics is lame. Action needs to be choreographed without graphics which would make the movie appealing to critics as well.

POP -Sands of time is recreated and i can hardly stand the characterization of prince.But action has been choreographed which makes the movie appealing.

http://teaser-trailer.com./

aoshi

I dont think live action in movies is obsolete. Movies are all about live action. I am not sure of live action movies based on games. There were a few that sucked(Mortal Kombat ... not captured the essence of game). However live action is the best adaptation for movies.

Ong Bak 2 is a movie on live action that is more entertaining to watch than flashy imaginary graphic adaptations.

Sparda™

aoshi;196203 said:
I dont think live action in movies is obsolete. Movies are all about live action. I am not sure of live action movies based on games. There were a few that sucked(Mortal Kombat ... not captured the essence of game). However live action is the best adaptation for movies.

Ong Bak 2 is a movie on live action that is more entertaining to watch than flashy imaginary graphic adaptations.

Converting Anime/Manga to live action is the worst adaption. DBZ proved It.

As for Devil May Cry, It would be possible, especially with technology used like in the movie Avatar.

aoshi

Sparda™;196215 said:
Converting Anime/Manga to live action is the worst adaption. DBZ proved It.

As for Devil May Cry, It would be possible, especially with technology used like in the movie Avatar.

Devil may cry was a game first then an anime. Cute scenes in DMC3 were choreographed live actions through performers which made them appealing.I would prefer swords to cross metal than graphics.

Sparda™

aoshi;196337 said:
Devil may cry was a game first then an anime. Cute scenes in DMC3 were choreographed live actions through performers which made them appealing.I would prefer swords to cross metal than graphics.

And what did I say?!

Dragon Ball Z is a bad example. It has always been an anime, so It didn't work as a live-action adaption.

Devil May Cry is different. It was done as an anime, after being released as a franchise with three titles. It would definitely work as a live-action adaption, but using the technology of being recorded in both 2D and 3D with stereoscopic cameras - just like Avatar - would make the movie look flawlessly executed.

As for the actors though, like I've mentioned above, I would suggest...

quartetdmc.jpg

Johnny Depp - DANTE
Christian Bale - VERGIL
Rebecca Romijn - TRISH
Kate Beckinsale - LADY

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ THIS POST IS FULL OF WIN! *ahem* I agree with everything Sparda said, 100%. Sounds like a great idea...

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;196385 said:
^ THIS POST IS FULL OF WIN! *ahem* I agree with everything Sparda said, 100%. Sounds like a great idea...

Thanks LOL

Dante's actor was the hardest to find, but seeing Johnny Depp is a shapeshifter, playing every role with great professionalism and realism. He also has the looks of Dante.

Christian, since American Psycho and Equilibrium, got me the vibe of a Vergil role. He can play that elegant, cold-hearted guy. When I saw him as Bruce Wayne/Batman at Batman Begins and then at The Dark Knight, he convinced me 200% of being Vergil.

Rebecca always gave me the looks of Trish. Mystique's role was greatly interpreted by her, and she takes Trish's role easily upon every other actress.

Kate Beckinsale is just bada55. She can be Lady anytime she wants. Looks, behavior, style - you name It.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
True... Johnny Depp scares me sometimes, considering he seems like he has no "base" personality... I wonder what he's like normally.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;196393 said:
True... Johnny Depp scares me sometimes, considering he seems like he has no "base" personality... I wonder what he's like normally.

Normally, from what I've heard, he's a pretty cool guy to hang out with. I'd personally love to meet him.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Interesting... Wonder if he games any? ;) Back on topic though, I think if a DMC movie is gonna be a reality, it's gonna be like Avatar. It looks cooler than ANY other movie I've seen, and if a DMC movie is like that, I'll probably involuntarily release from all three orifices at once. (Butt, mouth, and you-know-where...)

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;196396 said:
Back on topic though, I think if a DMC movie is gonna be a reality, it's gonna be like Avatar. It looks cooler than ANY other movie I've seen, and if a DMC movie is like that, I'll probably involuntarily release from all three orifices at once. (Butt, mouth, and you-know-where...)

Oh my.... That made me laugh for a bit... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom