• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
but it's not dbz...it's just db....the only thing that wasn't right was the fact goku didn't fly on a cloud, didn't have a tail, and wasn't a little kid...nothing that was major

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
TheSonOfSparda;190703 said:
I started this conversation.
Here is a link with info that perhaps is spam about the cast of DMC 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvNYjA5lp4

If it is true, doesn't seem to be a bad idea, what do you think?

I saw this. I'm the one who posted under similar username and said NO NO NO NO! :O Personally, I think this person is just another VD-obsessed fan who fell 'in love' with Ian and wanted to put the name 'Dante' beneath Ian Somerhalder. I don't like this dude. He was good on Lost, but so far he's majorly screwed up possibly the coolest vamp in the YA literary world. He's just...awkward. If he can't get Damon right, how the hell is he going to get Dante right?

But it's not true. It's an overly-obsessed-Ian-fangirl vid. That's why they didn't actually do much else with the vid except post up a possible Trish and Mundus. It's all about Ian.

Anyway.
Phew. Now I got that off my chest. Who would you guys want to see as Dante, anyway?

Sparda™

Dante - Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean/Public Enemies
Vergil - Christian Bale - Equilibrium/The Dark Knight/Public Enemies
Nero - Hayden Christensen - Jumper
Trish - Rebecca Romijn - X-Men
Lady - Asia Argento - xXx/Land of the Dead

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Lady needs to be Kate Beckinsale.....Dante needs to be Shane Brolly- Kraven from underworld....Garrett Hedlund needs to be Nero- Murtaugh from eragon....Vergil needs to be either Chris Evans(Human Torch from fantastic four) or James Caviezel(Edmund Dantes from the count of monte cristo) or Matt Dillon...as for Trish....i'm thinkin Jessica Alba or Kate Hudson

Zato-OW

King
I can't believe people actually want a RLA movie of DMC. You seen what Capcom did with the anime. I think they would do this series justice if they just did a CGI, this way everyone will be happy. I mean for one they can get the perfect looks for the characters and 2nd they can use the original VA's. FF:AC did it well so I'm sure DMC can do it also. But I would hate for Hollywood to screw up a DMC movie like they did so many others. I mean look at Prince Of Persia... a f**cking PG-13 Disney movie, WTF!!?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
um...CGI sucks ass....i love final fantasy...as you can see...and AC sucked a big one....CGI would just kill the series...and though i am not happy with the rating or the actor for PoP, i'm sure it's gonna be a good movie...also, LA must kick major ass if they decided to do a LA Bioshock...which they have..and it's in production

Zato-OW

King
What? Did you say CGI sucks? I guess you don't like DMC cut-scenes then... FF:AC was a good action CGI, the English version was horrible for me because of the crappy VAing but then again that's just me. DMC should be a CGI movie seeing as the games are all in 3D and the Cut-Scenes has the same CGI look and feel. Having a full DMC movie in DMC4 cut-scene graphics or better wouldn't be bad at all. But then again you are the same guy who said the Dragon Ball movie was good and honestly it wasn't. It's like everything that could go wrong in a movie went wrong in that one. I mean Goku going to school??? He never went to school in his life which is funny. The fight scenes were just sad as hell. But w/e I doubt we will ever see a RLA DMC movie anyway.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;190719 said:
I can't believe people actually want a RLA movie of DMC.

As it's been discussed before, most of us are in favour of a CGI movie IF there was to ever be a DMC movie made. The question about actors was just for curiosity sake - don't get too worked up about it, we're actually on your side (well, most of us)

I would have chosen the same actors as Sparda did - Johnny Depp is one of the best actors out there, imo, and I recon he's the only person who could do Dante well (possibly even better than Reuben, I daresay)
Christian Bale for Vergil - it could work, as long as he doesn't do his stupid little gruff voice to try act tough. He was alright in Public Enemies (coincidentally starring next to the Depp too) only because he was actually speaking like a normal person.
The dude for Nero...yeah... okay. I don't like him. I think he sucks eggs. He's the typical dorky-wanna-be-cool guy, you can just see it. PERFECT for Nero's role ;)

I'd vote for Milla as Trish (the chic who played in RE and Ultra Violet) and Kate Beckinsale for Lady. Because Kate is HOT. All the other women who try pull off tough-bad-girl guises just kinda...FAIL.

Zato-OW

King
I didn't read into the topic, But I seen actors being cast and I assumed. I would hate for this to be turned into a Hollywood movie.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
the best movies out are hollywood movies...cgi does suck...the cutscenes are great..but sitting there for an hour, hour and a half watching it is so ****ing annoying and it hurts your eyes...the only way cgi would EVER be good for dmc is if they did something like 300...as for DBZ, even though it has abosolutely NOTHING to do with this, Goku was only in school because they made it extremely futuristic and him a teenager...u need to quit being so picky about the tiny details..my god...grow up sir

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
GamblingGambitCloud;190784 said:
the only way cgi would EVER be good for dmc is if they did something like 300

I was thinking the same thing the other day. That wouldn't be too bad.

Zato-OW

King
GamblingGambitCloud;190784 said:
the best movies out are hollywood movies...cgi does suck...the cutscenes are great..but sitting there for an hour, hour and a half watching it is so ****ing annoying and it hurts your eyes...the only way cgi would EVER be good for dmc is if they did something like 300...as for DBZ, even though it has abosolutely NOTHING to do with this, Goku was only in school because they made it extremely futuristic and him a teenager...u need to quit being so picky about the tiny details..my god...grow up sir

So I'm being picky because they couldn't follow a simple story and I'm pointing them out on it? Futuristic???? In the series they had space shuttles that flew to mars and sh*t and cars that pop out of capsules. My biggest problem with that movie was the horrible fight scenes and that's really about it. That series is mainly known for it's off the wall fighting and that movie didn't have it. You act like I'm the only one who hates that movie, all you have to do is ask around and I'm sure you can find 100 million people who says it sucked. Anyway who sits for hours watching DMC cut-scenes? You should speak for yourself when claiming "it makes your eyes hurt" They basically used CGI in the damn games so how can it not work? You can't tell me the fight scenes in FF:AC and FF:CC wasn't good.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i never said i sat there watching the cutscenes for hours....but if your gonna watch cgi it's basically a long continuous cutscene that doesn't end...so yeah...that does get pretty damn boring after a while....as for DBZ thats unimportant right now....DOOM was liveaction and that kicked ass

Sparda™

The DBZ live-action movie was a flop even before reaching the screens at the release date.

Anime can't be converted to live-action, period.

As for a Devil May Cry live-action movies, I think If they do It right, It might just come out something cool.

CGI is just cut scenes put altogether, equals to boring.

Zato-OW

King
GamblingGambitCloud;190800 said:
i never said i sat there watching the cutscenes for hours....but if your gonna watch cgi it's basically a long continuous cutscene that doesn't end...so yeah...that does get pretty damn boring after a while....as for DBZ thats unimportant right now....DOOM was liveaction and that kicked ass

Doom was only cool because the Rock was in it and that's true. A CGI would work for DMC the best because of what they can do with the fight scenes, the original VAing and they can't screw up the image of the characters. Name any Live Action movie that had better fight scenes then FF:AC. In DMC4 and 3 we basically played out the the battles so of course it will get boring if you sit there for a hour just watching Dante cracking the same jokes, well DMC3 had some pretty good Cut-Scenes if not better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom