• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I kept wondering about some of these. Specially the music at the cathedral. It just sounded so... wrong.

I was just about to share this. I can't believe so many things were altered for whatever reason. Granted these things don't destroy the game but those changes to the SFX are in my nerdiest words; "blasphemous."

berto

I Saw the Devil
There's just been an update on the PS4 version. Ver 1.01. NOt sure what it does but I'll be working all day so I won't have time to check. What I can tell you is that it's over 2 gigs and as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything for DMC1.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There's just been an update on the PS4 version. Ver 1.01. NOt sure what it does but I'll be working all day so I won't have time to check. What I can tell you is that it's over 2 gigs and as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything for DMC1.

Yeah all it said was "bug fixes" so I dunno. Maybe someone will figure it out.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Without reading the recent updates on this thread. What are peoples thoughts on the new HD DMC collection for PS4 and Xbox One?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Without reading the recent updates on this thread. What are peoples thoughts on the new HD DMC collection for PS4 and Xbox One?
Well, I've been playing DMC1 and 3 on and off but since release and with 1, the poor patch work that game always gets is disheartening to me. They never get the game right on HD, but, damn, got high definition. The details I can make out and how things I never noticed before pop out. It's nice. It's hard because it's both a good and bad port. Some I spotted right away and some I just couldn't understand what it was that was wrong but I knew something was wrong. Check the video above out see what I mean. It's such a split down the middle of good and bad that it makes me rather mad that it turned out the way it did but I still play it.

DMC3 fared much better, there are almost not complains on the performance of that game, but I still wish they'd let you style switch.

Last edited:

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Well, I've been playing DMC1 and 3 on and off but since release and with 1, the poor patch work that game always gets is disheartening to me. They never get the game right on HD, but, damn, got high definition. The details I can make out and how things I never noticed before pop out. It's nice. It's hard because it's both a good and bad port. Some I spotted right away and some I just couldn't understand what it was that was wrong but I knew something was wrong. Check the video above out see what I mean. It's such a split down the middle of good and bad that it makes me rather mad that it turned out the way it did but I still play it.

DMC3 fared much better, there are almost not complains on the performance of that game, but I still wish they'd let you style switch.

After watching the video above, wow to put it out there, I totally agree. Thanks for sharing that. The audio quality point for the new 2018 release got me comparing to the original, lol!

Top Bottom