• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 [Old News, New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
videogamesblogger.com said:
Devil May Cry 4 producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi said back at E3 2007 that he wanted to make Devil May Cry 5 if Capcom let him. This week Capcom president Haruhiro Tsujimoto announced in a press release that Capcom’s fiscal year 2008 sales increased to over 83 billion Yen ($806 million), in part thanks to Devil May Cry 4’s record sales of over 2 million units worldwide since its early February 2008 release, making it the fastest selling Devil May Cry game so far and taking the entire series from 7 to 9 million sold. It now seems all but certain Capcom wants a sequel with Mr. Tsujimoto closing off the PR by saying “We hope to continue meeting and exceeding the expectations of gamers with our dedication to developing solid titles for the best gaming platforms available.”

To quote Capcom producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi’s words from last year: “Continuing the storyline is always possible. However, we do work under a corporate system, so unless Capcom gives us the green light to go ahead and continue on with releasing Devil May Cry 5, 6, 11, whatnot. It’s totally up to them.

However, personally I would like to continue with Devil May Cry and create more and more games for this franchise. Devil May Cry 4 has turned out to be a very cool-looking stylish game for those that have a PS3 or a [Xbox] 360. If you don’t buy Devil May Cry 4 you would think ‘Why didn’t I buy it?’ There’s no worth of having a PS3 or [Xbox] 360 without Devil May Cry 4. That’s the kind of game it’s going to turn out to be.”

Code:
SOURCE: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/05/24/devil-may-cry-5-on-capcoms-mind-devil-may-cry-4-record-sales-of-2-million-make-it-all-but-certain.htm

I don't remember reading this anywhere, a nice read ^_o
Gives me hope for 5 :D

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Did he say there is no point in having a PS3 or 360 without DMC4?

That was a little pretentious of him wasn't it? There are lots of good console games out.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Nice find, K-Man! I hadn't read that before so +rep :D

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Indeed, although i haven`t played all parts of DMC, i can`t wait for the fifth, for i loved the 3rd and 4th on the PC =)

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
^^^ you should really check out DMC 1 because you must find out what happened after 3 well storyline wise

Just in case you didn't know DMC timeline: DMC3 DMC1 DMC4 (DMC 2 storyline is kinda nonexistent, because the game failed as well a DMC game, but it's not too bad you should still check it out anyways) :)

kanna-X-freak

I can't wait for it...I just hope it will turn great in the end and that Dante will be main character again (I'm not a Nero-hater but I prefer Dante)...and it definitely should feature Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom