• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 ( because capcom dosn't seem to want to do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Devil May Cry 5 ( because capcom doesn't seem to want to do it)

by the time this is finished capcom will probably have decided to actually make Devil May Cry 5( after 12 DmC games) and I'll have to turn this into a Devil May Cry 6 thread but. that's ok i'll do this anyway.

Heres a basic idea of what to expect:
the game is devided into chapters ( five missions each)
the game has three seperate storylines.
Hell story: ten chapters ( 50 missions )Dante escapes from hell. this storyline will fill in more details about Dante's past and set up Vergils return: Playable charicter: Dante ( all chapters)
Earth story: five chapters ( 25 missions) shows how various Devil Hunters deal with Dante's absence. would also introduce one of my original charicters and include a cameo appearence by another one: Playable charicters: Lucia, Beryl ( from the Devil May Cry2 novel), Selene( one of my orginal charicters),Lady, Trish. ( one chapter per charicter)
Heaven story: ten chapters ( 50 missions total) most of it takes place in fortuna. it would explain Nero's backstory and involve two of my original charicters: playable charicters: Nero ( 7 chapters) Ziz ( my first orginal charicter) ( 3 chapters)
number of playable charicters: 8
total number of chapters 25
total number of missons : 125
+ an expanded version of bloody palace with
a 9999 stage survival mode ( like the orginal bloody palace)
a 101 stage time attack mode ( like the Devil May Cry 4 version of bloody palace)
an mode with stages based on the various puzzles, secret missions etc. from the story mode. ( with time limit)
and a mode that allows you to play through the missions without cutscenes and lets you pick any charicter.

and i might as well throw in mission creator and training modes just to have everything.

any suggestions are welcome. ( suggestions from Storm Silves are going to make up most of this any way so everyone else might as well add something)

GAMEPLAY MODES/ UNLOCK GUIDE:
Story/ Free Play-
first choose which storyline to play: Hell Earth, or Heaven.
then choose a difficulty and mission. ( note: you must unlock difficulty levels for each storyline seperatly) or choose Continue to continue a saved game mid mission ( in this game if you save mid-misson it will save where you are from the last checkpoint.

Human: unlock by dying three times during the first chapter in Devil Hunter
Devil Hunter: avalible from the beginning.
Son of Sparda: unlock by beating Devil Hunter.
Legendary Dark Knight: unlock by beating Son of Sparda.
Dante Must Die ( hell story)/ Nero Must Die ( heaven story)/ Everybody Must Die ( earth story): unlock by beating Legendary Dark Knight
Heaven or Hell: unlock by beating Legendary Dark Knight, the player and the enemies are killed in one hit AI based on Legendary Dark Knight
Pure Hell: unlock by beating DMD/NMD/EMD player killed in one hit. AI and damage to enemies based on DMD/NMD/EMD
Pure Heaven- unlock by beating Heaven or Hell- enemies killed in one hit. AI and damage to player based on Devil Hunter.

after choosing the mission you will have a list of options to choose.

Story or Free Play. Story mode is avalible from the beginning you can only choose Free Play on missions you have already beaten on the chosen difficulty. in Free play mode there are no cutscenes and you can choose what charicter to play as. ( note: you can only select a charcter in free play if you have beaten at least one chapter with that charcter in story mode ( doesn't apply to secret charcters)
Charicter Select: Free play mode only, pick who you play as
Costume select: choose a different costume for your charicter after you unlock the alternate costumes.
Gold Orb or Yellow Orb- choose between the two types of orb ( Orbs purchased as Yellow Orbs will become Gold orbs when the Gold Orb mode is selected (and gold will become yellow when yellow is selected )
Start mission: (i don't have to explan what happens when you choose this do i:))

BLOODY PALACE: expanded from the previous games the bloody palace now has mutiple modes ( note: you can only select a character in bloody palace if you have beaten at least one chapter with that character in story mode ( dosen't apply to secret characters)
Hall of Endurance: unlock by beating the Earth story on any difficulty; 9999 stages of battles with increasing difficulty. no time limit. you can go up 1,10,100 or 1000 stages at a time.
Hall of Speed: Unlock by beating the Hell story; 101 stages of battles with increasing difficulty. time limit. get more time by killing enemies amount of time gained based on style gauge level. time bonuses gained for beating a stage more gained for beating a stage with no damage.
Hall of Knowlege: unlock by beating the Heaven story; stages based on puzzles and secret missions from the story mode. most stages have a time limit ( time limits for each stage apply only to that stage) some stages have enemies.
Hall of Thought: unlock by beating all stages of the Hall of Knowlege; create additional stages for the Hall of Knowlege
Hall of Training: unlock by dying on Human; practace battles and improve your skill.

OTHER MISSION MENU OPTIONS: things you can select other than gameplay modes.

Story Theater- view the previously seen cutscenes.
Buy Skills- spend Proud Souls to buy additional skills for your charicters
Buy Items- spend Red Orbs to buy items
Library- view information about things in the game
Gallary- view unlocked art
Save Game- save your progress
Load Game - load a previously saved game
Settings- change various gameplay settings

SECRET CHARACTERS- playable Characters who do not have a role in the story ( i will post the list later)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
First off, we need to get the story down. And is it okay if I give an extra character to be used for a couple chapters?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;297863 said:
First off, we need to get the story down. And is it okay if I give an extra character to be used for a couple chapters?

if you can think of a reason for a charicter to be involved in the events of the game we can figure something out.

basic story does seem like a good first step. and the first step in making the story is the charicters.

Dante: the main charicter of the first three games. the events of the game will reveal alot about him expanding on the charicterization shown in dmc3 ( in between the lame jokes)

Nero: main charicter of the fourth game. same basic personality as before. he will finally figure out how he is realated to sparda and why he has a demonic arm.

Kyrie: the same as in Devil May Cry 4. she won't get captured this time so she should be able to make a better impression on fans.

Ziz: my increadably annoying original charicter. he is involved in the backstory of almost every important charicter in the game. his body contains a large number of demonic spirits that give him massive amounts of demonic power ( and alot of issues)

Trish: former servant of mundus, dante's partner etc.

Lady: let's just pretend she didn't actually show up in Devil May Cry4. and base everything ( charicterization, outfit etc.) on Devil May Cry3 and the anime.

Lucia: basicly the same as in Devil May Cry2 but let's try to give her a bit more of a personality.

Beryl: from the Devil May Cry2 novel. ( note: this game's story will be based on the idea that the novels are not compleatly canon but the basic events in the novels happened )

Selene: one of my other original charicters. i finally gave her a complete backstory but we won't go into that in this game. from a young age she was given the role of guarding the things Sparda left behind. ( mostly weapons) and ensuring that they find their rightful owners( Dante now has Rebellion, Vergil had Yamato. no one has show up to claim anything else so she is just holding on to the rest). she is currently Ziz's partner.

Hecate: my third orginal charicter. Sparda's daughter born roughly 5000 years before the events of the games. she is relatively young for a demon ( the demonic eqivalent of about 17-18). i had originaly decided to make her a distant ancestor of Nero but i later decided that it would be more interesting to make her Nero's mother. ( there an explanation for Nero that doesn't involve Vergil or weird experiments. )

Charon: a demonic spirit sealed in Yamato. i originally gave it a different name but this one sounds better. it will be the explanation for Nero's arm and one of the main antagonists for the Heaven story. the seal will be broken and it will temporarily take control of Nero towards the end of the story by the time the story is over Nero will have regained control ( with a bit of help from Ziz who is an expert in demonic possesion) this scenario will allow Vergil to regain Yamato when he eventually comes back without Nero losing his power.

Vergil: he is "dead" so he can't actually appear in the game ( except as one of the secret charicters) but he will still indirectly be a major part of the Hell story. the secret endings for each story will each hint at his revival which will be explained by events in the Hell story.

Sparda: the driving force behind the entire series. he died before the events of any of the games but he is still as much a part of the story as Dante. ( and will be three of the secret charicters ( each based on a different period in his life)

Mundus- Dante will run into him early in the story. his power is still sealed so he can't really do much. Dante will beat him up and then continue on with the story

Asteria- Hecate's mother she will help Dante because she hates Mundus more that she hates Sparda and because at this point Dante doesn't really like Sparda any more than she does.

Erebus- one of Mundus' servants. he replaced Sparda as Mundus' strongest fighter. he was defeated by Vergil so Mundus used him to turn Vergil into Nelo Angelo. after Nelo Angelo was defeated by Dante the Knight was revived in Vergil's body which was in hell somewhere. he wears armor that covers his entire body so Dante won't know he is in Vergil's body until the end of the game.

Nyx- created by Mundus she spies on his enemies and kills when needed. she has some doubt about whether she wants to continue to work for Mundus'.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Sparda's rejected son;297918 said:
Hey DarkSlayer13, why don't you join our DMC5 game idea group and combine your game ideas with ours? ^_^

because my story idea won't work with any signifigant changes. i've come up with a detailed backstory that would become random gibberish if it was altered enough to matter. i suppose most of my gameplay ideas could be added. i'll think about it.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;297921 said:
because my story idea won't work with any signifigant changes. i've come up with a detailed backstory that would become random gibberish if it was altered enough to matter. i suppose most of my gameplay ideas could be added. i'll think about it.

Well your ideas in this thread seem similar to things we've already created. But I get your point, think about it and go from there. All ideas are welcomed. ^_^

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;297951 said:
Well, DS13, you know Xevnas fairly well. I've been dying to get him into a game.

1. which storyline?
2. what do you want him to do?
3. do you want him to be playable? ( Story or Secret)

and in the Heaven story two people both trying to become leader of the Order of the Sword. ( more information provided in the Faction Guide ( just continue reading )

FACTION GUIDE- information on the various groups you will encounter during the story.

Order of the Sword- a religion that worships the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda as a God. based in Fortuna. there are now two people trying to replace the previous leader Sanctus. one was one of Sanctus' advisers ( remember the cutscene where Agnus was complaning that Nero had demonic power. in that scene there was a man who just sat there and didn't move or say anything at all this is that guy.) the other was the Supreme General of the Holy Knights 12 years ago.

Stelle- a group of Devil Hunters founded by Ziz. they assist other Devil Hunters. providing training , helping them find jobs, and selling weapons suited to the difficult task of fighting demons. members of the group are provided with the absolute best weapons,equipment and training for free.

Uroboros Corperation- now bankrupt Uroboros is selling everything it cannot find a use for including artifacts containing demonic power.

OTHER STORY INFORMATION

Timeline- DMC3-10 years-DMC1-6months- DMC4-6months-DMC2-3 hours-DMC5. ( i have decided to reduce the time between 1 and 2 because capcom only said DMC2 took place far in the future as an excuse to pretend it didn't happen )

" 12 years ago"- several times during the story someone will mention an event that happend 12 years ago( one year before Devil May Cry3). alot of important events in this games backstory took place then. one of my prequel ideas( Zero3) covered the period of time they are talking about.

( i'm sure there are a few more important things i forgot.)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
1. Dante and Nero's, considering they're closely related and Xevnas is one of Dante's partners.

2. It depends on what happens.

3. Playable, but secret. He's unlocked for play after certain conditions are met, but he's also playable briefly in the story mode. (maybe a couple missions where Dante has to be rescued. Xevnas sees it as a chance to redeem himself for going to Fortuna against Dante's orders)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;298221 said:
1. Dante and Nero's, considering they're closely related and Xevnas is one of Dante's partners.

2. It depends on what happens.

3. Playable, but secret. He's unlocked for play after certain conditions are met, but he's also playable briefly in the story mode. (maybe a couple missions where Dante has to be rescued. Xevnas sees it as a chance to redeem himself for going to Fortuna against Dante's orders)

1.explain Xevnas' backstory to me. i think you might have mentioned part of it before but i don't quite remember.

2. okay tell me why he is in fortuna during this story ( i'm assuming that he goes to the underworld after hearing that dante hasn't come back yet )

3. since when has anyone taken Dante's orders. and when did Dante start giving orders.

4. if a charicter is playable in story mode he is not a Secret charicter story charicters are unlocked for use in another mode after compleating a chapter of the story with them.

5.i managed to come up with names for some of the other charicters by borrowing names from greek mythology. but i still need names for the two people trying to become the leader of the Order of the Sword.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
1. Xevnas was born in a warless zone of the Underworld and was a partner of Sparda's. However, when Sparda went to go to the human's side, Xevnas took this as a personal betrayal. Much later he fought against Dante and lost. When Dante spared him, it gave him a new look on life and thus he decided to become a partner of Dante's business.

2. He had been present in DMC4 during the Fortuna incident, shortly after the Savior was completed. He was rescuing civilians and had confronted Dante before the incident that he had wanted to go with, but Dante turned him down, citing that it was too dangerous for Xevnas, a rookie.

3. He gives orders to Xevnas since he's a rookie and although he wouldn't admit it, Dante wouldn't like to see Xevnas or any other partner of his hurt. (I.E. Lady or Trish.)

4. Alright. Story character it is, then.

5. Xiphos and Katar. Both are names of swords, so it fits them perfectly.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. in the backstory i came up with for my game ideas Sparda swiched sides several times before Mundus was even born. which time would Xevnas have worked with Sparda ( or did he stick with Sparda through multiple betrayals but decide that helping humans was going to far)
2. how can someone who fought alongside Sparda be a rookie.
3. You said Xevnas is involved in Nero's story in this game. why is he back in Fortuna.
4. Xiphos might work but Katar definitly doesn't sound like the kind of name someone in Fortuna would have. ( most of the Order members names where in latin anyway so maybe we should try to find something in latin that makes sense)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
1. "or did he stick with Sparda through multiple betrayals but decide that helping humans was going to far" This. Although you know he had a change of heart later on.
2. He had partial amnesia for a time and lost some of his fighting prowess.
3. He went to Fortuna knowing Nero was there and that he could probably help Dante.
4. Xiphos is Greek, which stems from Latin, but Katar is Arabian, so I see how that doesn't work... What about Kipros? Xiphos and Kipros... Has a nice ring to them.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;298446 said:
1. "or did he stick with Sparda through multiple betrayals but decide that helping humans was going to far" This. Although you know he had a change of heart later on.
2. He had partial amnesia for a time and lost some of his fighting prowess.
3. He went to Fortuna knowing Nero was there and that he could probably help Dante.
4. Xiphos is Greek, which stems from Latin, but Katar is Arabian, so I see how that doesn't work... What about Kipros? Xiphos and Kipros... Has a nice ring to them.
1. at some point i am going to need a detailed profile of Xevnas ( personality, appearence, more detail about his backstory, weapons and equipment, powers and skills etc. ) i don't need it right now but there is no reason to wait.
2.Greek is not one of the languages that stems from Latin. Greece was important before Rome existed but i suppose that we can use Xiphos and Kipros since i don't really want to spend a month trying to come up with two names( does Kipros mean anything or did you just make it up)
3. now that we have the basics out of the way we can develop the story.

the next step in story development would be to decide the major events of each chapter.

so we need
10 events for the hell story, 10 events for the heaven story and 5 events for the earth story ( these will be the big events the less important suff will but part of the individual missions

then once we have that we need to come up with 5 ( one per mission) minor events ( parts of the major events or less signifigant events that are happening at the same time) for each chapter

STORY EVENTS CHART - i'll fill in the details of the story as we come up with them i've come up with alot of story details already ( i don't have time to post them today (it took a while to set up the chart.)

Hell Story

Chapter 1- In Darkness : the start of Dante's story it will set up some of the later events.

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 6________ :

Mission 26_______:
Mission 27_______:
Mission 28_______:
Mission 29_______:
Mission 30_______:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 7________ :

Mission 31_______:
Mission 32_______:
Mission 33_______:
Mission 34_______:
Mission 35_______:
Chapter 8________ :

Mission 36_______:
Mission 37_______:
Mission 38_______:
Mission 39_______:
Mission 40_______:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 9________ :

Mission 41_______:
Mission 42_______:
Mission 43_______:
Mission 44_______:
Mission 45_______:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 10________ :

Mission 46_______:
Mission 47_______:
Mission 48_______:
Mission 49_______:
Mission 50_______:
Earth Story:

Chapter 1________ :

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Heaven Story:

Chapter 1________ :

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Chapter 6________ :

Mission 26_______:
Mission 27_______:
Mission 28_______:
Mission 29_______:
Mission 30_______:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 7________ :

Mission 31_______:
Mission 32_______:
Mission 33_______:
Mission 34_______:
Mission 35_______:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 8________ :

Mission 36_______:
Mission 37_______:
Mission 38_______:
Mission 39_______:
Mission 40_______:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 9________ :

Mission 41_______:
Mission 42_______:
Mission 43_______:
Mission 44_______:
Mission 45_______:
Chapter 10________ :

Mission 46_______:
Mission 47_______:
Mission 48_______:
Mission 49_______:
Mission 50_______:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hot damn... Gonna take forever to come up with all that. Still, I can't complain. 125 missions in a DMC game? Do want.

Also, yes, I'll have to get you Xevnas' full backstory some time. Just ask me when.

And for the record, Kipros is made up. It just sounded like it went well with Xiphos.

And I meant Latin stemmed from Greek. Silly me.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;298523 said:
Hot damn... Gonna take forever to come up with all that. Still, I can't complain. 125 missions in a DMC game? Do want.

Also, yes, I'll have to get you Xevnas' full backstory some time. Just ask me when.

And for the record, Kipros is made up. It just sounded like it went well with Xiphos.

And I meant Latin stemmed from Greek. Silly me.

Latin only borrowed from Greek it is mostly orginal ( well as original as any other language of its time)

i copyed and pasted the chart and filled in some of it i only had time to fill in the parts of the Hell story that i had already decided on. i need names for some of the chapters and missions ( should be easier than naming charicters) and events to fill in the rest of the hell story.
Chapter 1- In Darkness : the start of Dante's story it will set up some of the later events.

Mission 1- Ritual Blade: Dante it in a room full of mirrors that don't show the room he is in. one of them shows a room in the castle on Mallet Island. Dante also finds Death Sentence ( the ritual sword frome dmc1 ( it was used to get the Melancholy Soul)
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3- Hidden Foe: Dante gets attacked by Nyx ( who neglects to introduce herself )
Mission 4-Bloodline: Dante meets Asteria who decides to help him. ( and also mentions having a daughter with Sparda)
Mission 5-Rematch: Dante encounters Mundus. Most of Mundus' power is still sealed so it is a relativly easy fight.
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3- the Dark Warriors: the first fight with Erebus happens in this chapter

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13-Shadow Blade: battle against Nyx.
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15-Hell's Knight: battle against Erebus Dante has a flashback to when his mother was killed and recognizes Erebus as the demon that did it ( under Mundus' orders of course)

Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Chapter 6________ :

Mission 26_______:
Mission 27_______:
Mission 28_______:
Mission 29_______:
Mission 30_______:
Chapter 7________ : the second fight against Erebus happens in this chapter

Mission 31_______:
Mission 32_______:
Mission 33_______: battle against Nyx
Mission 34_______:
Mission 35_______: battle against Erebus. Dante damages Erebus armor and discovers that Erebus is in Vergils body.
Chapter 8________ : a portal between to the human world is brefly opened

Mission 36_______:
Mission 37_______:
Mission 38_______:
Mission 39_______:
Mission 40_______: Dante gets to where the portal was but it is too late. Dante encounters a demon who somehow has Yamato ( explained in the other two stories) Dante Defeats the Demon and gets Yamato
Chapter 9________ : the final battle against Nyx happens in this chapter.

Mission 41_______:
Mission 42_______:
Mission 43_______: battle against Nyx
Mission 44_______:
Mission 45_______: the final battle against Nyx ( structured differently from the previous battles against her) Nyx survives but is unsure if she wants to continue to fight for Mundus
Chapter 10________ : the last chapter of the Hell story.

Mission 46_______:
Mission 47_______:
Mission 48_______:
Mission 49_______: Dante finds a way to open a portal to the human world
Mission 50_______: the final battle against Erebus. at the end of the battle Dante stabs Erebus with Death Sentence and leaves through the portal opened last mission
Earth Story:

Chapter 1________ :

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Heaven Story:

Chapter 1________ :

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Chapter 6________ :

Mission 26_______:
Mission 27_______:
Mission 28_______:
Mission 29_______:
Mission 30_______:
Chapter 7________ :

Mission 31_______:
Mission 32_______:
Mission 33_______:
Mission 34_______:
Mission 35_______:
Chapter 8________ :

Mission 36_______:
Mission 37_______:
Mission 38_______:
Mission 39_______:
Mission 40_______:
Chapter 9________ :

Mission 41_______:
Mission 42_______:
Mission 43_______:
Mission 44_______:
Mission 45_______:
Chapter 10________ :

Mission 46_______:
Mission 47_______:
Mission 48_______:
Mission 49_______:
Mission 50_______:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, since we're working on the Hell Arc (I'm calling them arcs, yes) first, we should get those blanks cleared up ASAP.

Now, for those chapters that don't have names or any story, we should work on that. Starting with the simple task of making a plot for mission 2 of Hell Arc Chapter 1.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;298845 said:
Well, since we're working on the Hell Arc (I'm calling them arcs, yes) first, we should get those blanks cleared up ASAP.

Now, for those chapters that don't have names or any story, we should work on that. Starting with the simple task of making a plot for mission 2 of Hell Arc Chapter 1.
1. random idea crossed my mind a new mode called "Pure Heaven" in this mode enemies are killed in one hit but the player is damaged normally. damage and enemy AI would be based on Devil Hunter difficulty. i just felt it would be fun to have a super easy difficlty for people who want a break from dying on the higher difficlties. if would be unlocked by beating Heaven or Hell. then i decided to change the name of Hell or Hell to " Pure Hell" because it sounds better. ( note: if you have any ideas related to something previously posted feel free to mention it)
2. why are you calling them Arcs ( it just seems kinda random)
3.in a game with 125 missions you can't expect every mission to have a important event so we can make a few missions where you just solve a puzzle and/or kill a random boss without anything important happening. so i'm thinking mission 2 should just be one of those. for missions with no important events i'll just put the word " travel" in the plot description. ( let's try to avoid putting more than one in each chapter.) for " travel" missions we can come up with the names once we go into detail later.

4.oh and there is one importaint thing i forgot to mention. the location of Vergil's soul. most theories would put Vergil in Yamato or in Nero's arm but i have decided to put his soul in the Death Sentence. we should try to figure out ways to hint this and then figure out a way to reveal it towards the end. ( for the other stories i should probably make a list of major plot points before starting on the events.)

5.there are 4 chapters with no story events at all so first we need to come up with something for those.
( list of major story events to use in the order we come up with them )
1. something with Xevnas
2.something to show that Vergil's soul is in the Death Sentence
3.?
4. ?
two blank spots left and then we have to decide the order, come up with minor events for each mission and pick names for the currently unnamed chapters and missions.

copyed,pasted and updated the chart again.

Mission 1- Ritual Blade: Dante is in a room full of mirrors that don't show the room he is in. one of them shows a room in the castle on Mallet Island. Dante also finds Death Sentence ( the ritual sword frome dmc1 ( it was used to get the Melancholy Soul)
Mission 2-???: TRAVEL
Mission 3- Hidden Foe: Dante gets attacked by Nyx ( who neglects to introduce herself )
Mission 4-Bloodline: Dante meets Asteria who decides to help him. ( and also mentions having a daughter with Sparda)
Mission 5-Rematch: Dante encounters Mundus. Most of Mundus' power is still sealed so it is a relativly easy fight.
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3- the Dark Warriors: the first fight with Erebus happens in this chapter

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13-Shadow Blade: battle against Nyx.
Mission 14-???:TRAVEL
Mission 15-Hell's Knight: battle against Erebus. Dante has a flashback to when his mother was killed and recognizes Erebus as the demon that did it ( under Mundus' orders of course)

Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Chapter 6________ :

Mission 26_______:
Mission 27_______:
Mission 28_______:
Mission 29_______:
Mission 30_______:
Chapter 7________ : the second fight against Erebus happens in this chapter

Mission 31_______:
Mission 32_______:
Mission 33_______: battle against Nyx
Mission 34-???: TRAVEL
Mission 35-Brother: battle against Erebus. Dante damages Erebus' armor and discovers that Erebus is in Vergil's body.
Chapter 8-Escape: a portal to the human world is brefly opened

Mission 36-Gateway: Dante discovers that a portal opened somewhere nearby
Mission 37_______:
Mission 38_______:
Mission 39_______:
Mission 40-Devil Blade: Dante gets to where the portal was but it is too late. Dante encounters a demon who somehow has Yamato ( explained in the other two stories) Dante Defeats the Demon and gets Yamato
Chapter 9________ : the final battle against Nyx happens in this chapter.

Mission 41_______:
Mission 42_______:
Mission 43_______: battle against Nyx
Mission 44-???: TRAVEL
Mission 45_______: the final battle against Nyx ( structured differently from the previous battles against her) Nyx survives but is unsure if she wants to continue to fight for Mundus
Chapter 10- the Return: the last chapter of the Hell story.

Mission 46-the Door: Dante discovers a way to open a portal to the human world.
Mission 47-???:TRAVEL
Mission 48-the Key: Dante finds a item needed to open the portal
Mission 49-Out of Darkness: Dante gets to the place where he can open the portal.
Mission 50- Into the Light: the final battle against Erebus. at the end of the battle Dante stabs Erebus with Death Sentence and leaves through the portal opened last mission.
Earth Story:

Chapter 1________ :

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Heaven Story:

Chapter 1________ :

Mission 1_______:
Mission 2_______:
Mission 3_______:
Mission 4_______:
Mission 5_______:
Chapter 2________ :

Mission 6_______:
Mission 7_______:
Mission 8_______:
Mission 9_______:
Mission 10_______:
Chapter 3________ :

Mission 11_______:
Mission 12_______:
Mission 13_______:
Mission 14_______:
Mission 15_______:
Chapter 4________ :

Mission 16_______:
Mission 17_______:
Mission 18_______:
Mission 19_______:
Mission 20_______:
Chapter 5________ :

Mission 21_______:
Mission 22_______:
Mission 23_______:
Mission 24_______:
Mission 25_______:
Chapter 6________ :

Mission 26_______:
Mission 27_______:
Mission 28_______:
Mission 29_______:
Mission 30_______:
Chapter 7________ :

Mission 31_______:
Mission 32_______:
Mission 33_______:
Mission 34_______:
Mission 35_______:
Chapter 8________ :

Mission 36_______:
Mission 37_______:
Mission 38_______:
Mission 39_______:
Mission 40_______:
Chapter 9________ :

Mission 41_______:
Mission 42_______:
Mission 43_______:
Mission 44_______:
Mission 45_______:
Chapter 10________ :

Mission 46_______:
Mission 47_______:
Mission 48_______:
Mission 49_______:
Mission 50_______:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I call them arcs because that is what they are. Separate arcs to the story.

The Death Sentence could start to take a bluish tone as the game goes on instead of it's rust-red color. (I assume it'll be used to fight with, correct? How would Dante have taken it if the island was destroyed?)

I'm having trouble coming up with a way to get Xevnas involved except that he had heard Dante was missing and decided to help the search effort.

Name of Mission 2: Sanctuary. It can be a part of the underworld that seems calm and peaceful. It's meant for undead priests and such.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Storm Silves;298922 said:
I call them arcs because that is what they are. Separate arcs to the story.

The Death Sentence could start to take a bluish tone as the game goes on instead of it's rust-red color. (I assume it'll be used to fight with, correct? How would Dante have taken it if the island was destroyed?)

I'm having trouble coming up with a way to get Xevnas involved except that he had heard Dante was missing and decided to help the search effort.

Name of Mission 2: Sanctuary. It can be a part of the underworld that seems calm and peaceful. It's meant for undead priests and such.
1. the Death Sentence will have a blue aura but i want to do something a little more concrete than that.

2. the Death Sentence will be one of Dante's weapons. it's fighting style will be more like something vergil would use as a hint that Vergil is in the sword.

3. remember the cutscene where Nelo Angelo first appears. he walks out of a mirror. one of the mirrors in the room Dante starts in is connected to the mirror in the bedroom on mallet island. when Mallet island was destroyed most of it was pulled through the main portal ( the one Dante used to get to Hell) but some of it was pulled into the mirror ( including the Death Sentence)

4. in chapter 8 a portal is opened by a demon returning from the human world. that demon is one of the main antagonists of the Earth story. Xevnas could have entered hell though the portal it opened to get to the human world. why he is involved is easy. first he hears that there is trouble in fortuna then once he gets there he learns that Dante hasn't come back from hell and goes to save him( not that Dante really needs saving). we just need to decide what happens while he is there.

5. in one of my prequel ideas you came up with an area called False Heaven as the palace of the king of the Fallen tribe. the first chapter takes place there. the room Dante starts is is actually the old throne room. ( the previous king liked mirrors) most of the rest of the hell story will take place in the area nearby ( it seems appropreate since the Fallen tribe was Sparda's tribe.) and there is nothing peaceful in the Fallen tribe's territory. treason and warfare are their reason to exist. and the current leader ( Mundus) makes the rest of them seem nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom