• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Unified Speculation and Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel

Devil bringer
so tony is "he" that demon which posses Nero's arm:huh: could that demon be another knight like Sparda?:huh: could that demon be sparda's best friend and fought with him in that battle 2000 years ago but was not mentioned or thought to be Sparda alone fighting in that war?:huh:

Mobfigurz

Thanks 'Redgrave'.

This is both interesting and confusing, who could Berial be refering to?

It cannot be Sparda, otherwise they would use his name, also Sparda was far more Powerful and looked nothin like Nero, remember he was a Devil and fought them all in Hell before sealing them in and taking a Human form.
So who existed back then, 2000 years ago that had that Power and I believe Berial is focusing more on the Arm than anything else when he says the latter part to Nero, after the fight.

We know it cannot be the Twins, but could it infact be another Demon, the Possessor who Berial is likening Nero to, could it be the Arm which is the significant factor in Berials mind which makes him remember 'him'.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
could that demon be sparda's best friend and fought with him in that battle 2000 years ago but was not mentioned or thought to be Sparda alone fighting in that war?:huh:

Remember DMC2. Supposedly the Clan who lived in that island fought the demons with Sparda.

We know it cannot be the Twins, but could it infact be another Demon, the Possessor who Berial is likening Nero to, could it be the Arm which is the significant factor in Berials mind which makes him remember 'him'.

The arm and maybe the way he fought. Since he would remember him when he first spotted the arm.(Although with the "there was no such human such as you" part may hint to us that he already remembered from the start).

Mobfigurz

I think we've come up with some good stuff, Capcom should reward us with the Demo, ha ha.

I think we could be on the right track here, and even though I strongly believed that Vergil could be the Possessor, I no longer do, I believe the Possessor in that illustration is yet another awesome Demon.

morrigan

Your ideas are very interesting, guys. Anyway... Even if You're wrong, your thoughts are could be a good basis for the cool DMC game. Yep!

Mobfigurz

He may not be a Knight, but a Demon, YES.

We're still to establish who the Possessor is, but we can be almost certain that its not Vergil, but some other supreme and formidable Demon

Ryujin

DARK SLAYER
THE DEVIL BRINGER IS VERGIL POWER SO IT MAY BE HIS SPIRIT AND MAYBE VEGIL WILL TAKE OVER NERO LIKE OROCHIMARU WANTS SASUKES BODY

Ryujin

DARK SLAYER
THE PICTURE IN THE SILO WATEVER ITS CALLED DOES LOOK STRIKINGLY SIMILAR TO NELO THEY JUST REVAMPED SUM THINGS LIKE HOW THEY REDESIGN DEVIL TRIGGER IN EVERY GAME

VERGILS SPIRIT IS HIS ARM

Mobfigurz

We've been discussing that, but read this thread from the start and see if you agree or disagree with the ideas. Cos we initially thought and still do to a degree that it maybe Vergil, but there are also a few things that point in a completely opposite direction.

Zato-OW

King
Well if u ask me...that arm shows powers that vergil never had or shown in the the other games,so that should tell us that it isnt vergil. And i too think its another High Class Demon Like Sparda that arm belongs too.

Dante_Vergil_1.jpg

Mobfigurz

I agree, the Demon we see, or rather havent seen fully is an entirely different Demon.
We saw Vergil could Teleport, but never extend any of his limbs out and use them in a way Nero uses the Devil Bringer, which leads me to think it isnt Vergil at all.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
True. Also that demon needs "power" for some reason too. Meaning he has his own plans. Could he be one of the final bosses?

Mobfigurz

Tony, thats a very interesting idea, lets explore it.

If we were to face that Demon, the Possessor, would we in essence be fighting Nero or would the Demon exist outside the Vessel that is Nero?

Lets say we fight the Possessor as the Final Boss when we play as Dante, it could essentially be Nero Transformed, and once defeated Nero would be free of the Possession and once more become Human, as we have seen from Movies, i.e 'Exorcist', once the Demon is defeated and expelled, the Human can regain his/her Humanity once more.

But lets say that the Possessor exceeds the being of Nero and can take on a form of his own, maybe we will see Dante and Nero team up and take on the Possessor.

I personally think that if and when the Possessor gains his maximum level of Power, he will become the Final Boss and once defeated will leave Nero without the Arm and as a Human.

But, if we're playing as Nero, what would the outcome there be, would he face the Possessor? Only if the Possessor took on a form seperate from Nero would that occur, or would Nero face Dante in the Final Act, only to lose and be returned to Humanity?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Also even if he's defeated, he can always secretly transfer into another host in the end(after Dante helps Nero sent it away). Since Nero wouldn't want to be a demon. The scholar guy seems crazy enough to accept the possessor.
But I wonder if that'll happen. It seems very DMC3 like. (we defeat the power of Sparda - Arkham - but Vergil takes some of it and another battle starts).

Or maybe inside Nero he is the last boss but we see him survive in a secret (Vergil like) ending after the credits.

Mobfigurz

Could be, that would lead to alot of interest and impatience to see the sequel, DMC5, if the Possessor to enter another host, but that would also lead to a some what desperate ending.

You never know, the Possessor may just remain as a foe for future installments, which would ultimately be a better scenario for the storyline, but as we know, Capcom tend to revamp the storyline with every fresh installment of the game, or at least alter it slightly.

I wonder though, would DMC4 be a platform for Capcom to bring about a new DMC2 version and call it DMC5?

As for that Scientist/Scholar looking fella named Agnus, he looks as though he maybe Evil, in the sense that he may have helped or been the architect behind Nero's possession, he seems to be a bit crazy from his look.

Zato-OW

King
Has any one Notice that Nero says : This hand was MADE for sending guys like you back to hell!!: I wonder what he means by that. Was the arm givin to him or was he force to wear it, i wonder. The O.O.T.S might be testing demon powers on humans to fight against other demons.
Dante_Vergil_1.jpg

Mobfigurz

Could be, but you have to take into consideration that the Arm is an entity, since it speaks to him, well, thats what we assume from the fact Nero says, 'From that day forth my Arm changed and a voice echoed Power, give me more Power!!'.

So possibly it was a Lab accident, or what the Order wanted to look like an accident that changed Nero's Arm or it was the Order that Envoked the Demon that Possesses Nero.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hm from what you noticed in the other thread (Nero allowing his Devil Bringer to be seen by that Order member) we could say that since the Order does have some "dirty" jobs and uses Nero for them, decided to enhance his abilities.
Here's a guess: The leader (the one I mentioned earlier) could have asked the scientist guy to perform some sort of ritual to improve Nero's abilities. As the scientist looks a bit mischievous I think he used Nero as a scapegoat to test if Devil's power can be used without you losing yourself into the demon. And it worked (at first at least). Thus only the scientist, Nero, the leader and Kyrie know about this. But since it's still an experiment Nero hides it from the rest of the order OR the first battle we see with Dante while Nero looks like he's hurt it's not a fluke. And Nero is indeed hurt, so he got Devil Bringer to become an actual match for Dante.
Although I'm not sure what to believe..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom