• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Define a true dmc fan?

Downfall

0_o game-slut? that is the first I heard that...what the heck does that even mean..

I meant the fact that people were referring to fans of DmC simply because it's, "the game of the moment" and not, "a dedicated person to the series." The term "game-slut" was just my translation of it. It's like someone's calling those people game-sluts because they only got into DmC and are not really interested in the other games...

Edit: It was more of a half-joke than anything else. It's just what I took away from that post.

Nekodark

I meant the fact that people were referring to fans of DmC simply because it's, "the game of the moment" and not, "a dedicated person to the series." The term "game-slut" was just my translation of it. It's like someone's calling those people game-sluts because they only got into DmC and are not really interested in the other games...

Edit: It was more of a half-joke than anything else. It's just what I took away from that post.

I never get why people care what others do with their monies to be honest, it is not like the person is forcing them to do the same thing and lessen their own enjoyment of the games..If someone is a game-slut then that means they like playing games..what gamer is monogamous with a game that means they only get the games in that series which means there are a lot of game-sluts out there who post their game collection..the scandalous heathens!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There's no such thing as a true fan. It's just a label used to great extent when someone wants to stir up a ****storm.

Vagrant

A TRUE DMC FAN
-A novel by Vagrant

Someone who enjoys playing any or all of the installments in the devil may cry franchise.

The end.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Bullshit.

Actually no, I'd say he's on to something there. Anyone who has love for the product/franchise isn't so easily broken by change, and they find ways to embrace it. And if they don't find a way to embrace it, they don't get all ****y about it.

Drake

There is no such thing as a true fan. But some one who supports the series should always demand the best from the developers.

Nero.

Actually no, I'd say he's on to something there. Anyone who has love for the product/franchise isn't so easily broken by change, and they find ways to embrace it. And if they don't find a way to embrace it, they don't get all ***** about it.

You're implying people are afraid of change that's not the case this was simply a bad change for many people and you can't blame fans for getting all **** about it when you have companies constantly mocking the fans.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd say some people are afraid of change if they fly off the handle so readily without having all the information on a subject. People got so ****y three years ago over a 90-second trailer, and believed unfounded rumors instead of the information coming straight from the people making the damn game. Plus, people being completely unreceptive to the changes proves they're afraid of change. We even only have to go as far back as DMC4 when people bitched about Nero to see that :/ Even when told that DmC has nothing to do with and doesn't affect its predecessors in anyway, people instead ignored it in favor of believing DmC replaces it, which inadvertently justifies their vitriolic behavior. Seriously, the crap I've seen people get angry about is absolutely astounding at times.

And please, don't claim "companies are constantly mocking the fans," because that's utter bullshit. Everything that anyone has ever shown me has been contrived bullshit and sentences taken out of context. There's also the entire logical fallacy of a company insulting its consumers while trying to get them to like and then buy a product.

KaizenShio

True Fan that mechanical device that blows air and circulates airflow in the room Designed to keep occupants cool..... that what i think when someone calls themselves true dmc fans, a person who uses swords to to circulate the air in a room :troll:

Nero.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't just read that horseshit of an post apparently a lot of people were just imagining disrespect for the last 2 years.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't just read that horseshit of an post apparently a lot of people were just imagining disrespect for the last 2 years.

Sorry bro, I've heard that "insulted fans" for two years and no one has provided me any factual evidence to satiate my curiosity for it. If you wanna call my post horseshit because you can't provide me any proof on the contrary, that's on you, not me :/

Nero.

I like because I disagree I'm an troll got an hobby.

Get the **** out Troglodyte.
Who the hell are you? Get lost

Sorry bro, I've heard that "insulted fans" for two years and no one has provided me any factual evidence to satiate my curiosity for it. If you wanna call my post horseshit because you can't provide me any proof on the contrary, that's on you, not me :/
Easy just recently
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-fans-are-a-crying-shame/

But somehow this is imaginary disrespect too right?

Top Bottom