• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Define a true dmc fan?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's just another way to be divisive.

THIS TO-*ahem* This too.

The only thing that makes someone a "true fan" of something is what makes that person a "fan" at all. If they really like, it, they're a fan, that's how it goes. What to really look at is what's on the opposite end of that spectrum - "false." That's just people who "like" something because it's popular, like...if I started gushing over Doctor Who even though I've never had any real interest in the show - if I was just all "Awright! Bowties and screwdrivers! F*ck yeah! Blue telephone booths!"

Fans gain a lot of enjoyment out of what they love, they keep coming back to it time and again, and they feel a deeper connection in it beyond what a normal person may get out of experiencing that same product.

crush

More like I'll show you the true firepower of this fully operational trolling account if you ask me.

aoshi

Some one who eats a lot of pizza and strawberry sundaes and yet obsessed with swords.:troll:

VergilNeroDante

Some one who eats a lot of pizza and strawberry sundaes and yet obsessed with swords.:troll:

I actually eat a lot pf pizza though but not strawberry sundaes, even though they are my favorite and I do have a fashion for swords as well so where would I stand? :/

aoshi

I actually eat a lot pf pizza though but not strawberry sundaes, even though they are my favorite and I do have a fashion for swords as well so where would I stand? :/

Dude, I was jus joking(didn't you see the troll-face at the end?:troll:). As most of them said earlier, there is no such thing as a "true fan".

vergilthedemonking

One that would suck both dante's dingdong

Joking of course.. How can you define a true dmc fan? Well for starters one that doesn't wine about the reboot and likes all the games

I personally think there is no such thing as a "true" fan. It suggests that if a person is a "true" fan of something then the fans of it aren't as good as they are. I think that if you're into something so much you're just a fan, nothing more or less. You might read all of the books, study the lore or just play the games. You're still equal and a fan of the series.

8BitHero

Scrub
A true fan would be someone willing to have rational thinking behind what they say without hating or fantarding it up. This doesn't just go for DmC but anything. Whether we're talking about Zelda, Prometheus, Pride and Prejudice etc. You can be a fan but to be able to constructively criticise it makes you a "true" fan. A "true" would say what the pros and cons are.

Saying you hate DmC and aren't a true fan if you like it doesn't make you a true fan either. Because if you bothered to play the game you'd see how close to the original this new game is that actual fans would be able to see. But not wanting to point out flaws with the game also doesn't make you a true fan either but a blind loyal fanboy/girl.

Then again I don't care about what people consider themselves and what they think of other people. As long as there is logic and evidence behind what you say, then you are a "true" fan.

ChaserTech

There's no such thing as a true fan, which people think that buying every DMC game considers you to be a "true fan", including DMC. I just group everything as a blind follower or a smart consumer in terms of being interested in a gaming franchise.

Either you're dumb enough to just accept anything that's thrown towards you.
Or you're smart enough to make decisions on why a product is good or not based on the content that is shown for the actual product, rather than wasting your money without re-evaluating certain concerns that you have.

Nekodark

There are definitely some pompous jerks that try to use the term true fan to try and manipulate people into agreeing with them. But at the same time, I'm not so certain I can say there is no such thing as a true fan. This is just my own opinion and viewpoint on it. Yes, you can like something and it technically makes you a fan, but if you don't like or care about what makes it uniquely it's own then I do question the loyalty of that particular fan. It's not about being an elitist snob, not for me anyway.

What does it matter what or how people like something when it does not even affect you in any way?, why even want to question anything and what the heck does loyalty has to do with a game? the game does not care if your defending it or treat it nice or rec it to people it is just there to be entertainment and if you pull loyalty into this that means you can not play any other game but that one. people have different reasons on liking something and no reason is better then the other like no person is better then the other when you come down to it.

Hmmm, how should I put this. Ok, like a guy that wants to bang a lot of hot girls. He likes her but at the same time he'll dump her once the next hot chick comes along. There are a lot of people that just play DmC because it's the IT game right now, as long as they make it fun to a point, it's enough for them. They hardly care or don't care at all for the characters and the story or what the company does with it. But with, "True fans" the standards may be different. I've seen many anti DmC folks say that the game isn't so bad by itself, but as a DmC game it fails.

Note that this is just my opinion, it's not meant to offend anyone. If you want to play the game then play it, no amount of criticism should stop you from playing it .

The scenario you just put up is called a jerk and has nothing to do with game playing since that scenario involves real people and feelings that have repercussions by doing crap like that, liking a game and then going to another game is nothing like that because you can not hurt a games feelings it does not care only ones who care about things like that are the ones invested in it and have their ideas about how things should be not taking into account that not all see it like that, and also all games besides this one get's played because it is an IT game that is how the gaming world works at times and just because they play it for that reason does not make them wrong by doing so.

See I love story lines in games for my own reasons I know what I like, if someone else is having fun and like something about a game then me who am I to say anything about it let alone criticize them about it, as I said before the only fans that matters are the ones who love the games period an have fun playing them for whatever reason and also do not care what others are doing or why they are doing so with their own games.

Top Bottom