• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Debating thread

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, you can't call the creation of human-beings the carrot thingy. All human-beings were made of sand and clay. Well, all of us were created by god. Not some marshans. And we did not evolve from the baboon. (Sorry to those who believe in evolution. I'm not trying to go against it, it's just that I don't believe it) Where did the baboon come from if not by god? Where did the cell come from which made the baboon come from if not by god? These are things you should think about before leaving the only thing living for.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
DemonSlayer6;59137 said:
Well, you can't call the creation of human-beings the carrot thingy. All human-beings were made of sand and clay. Well, all of us were created by god. Not some marshans. And we did not evolve from the baboon. (Sorry to those who believe in evolution. I'm not trying to go against it, it's just that I don't believe it) Where did the baboon come from if not by god? Where did the cell come from which made the baboon come from if not by god? These are things you should think about before leaving the only thing living for.

praise the good Lord!

now your speaking my languge, if we came from monkeys then they should be extinct, because evolution happens when that species evovles and it's past species dies, so if we came from a hairy, poo flinging mammal, then why aren't they extict? now answer that question!:cool:

The dark knight;58912 said:
Baptist WOOOOO!And by the way...last time there was a religious debate it resulted in flaming and deletion of the thread......

that's true, so don't try to anger anyone...;)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
SpArAda1127;59143 said:
praise the good Lord!

now your speaking my languge, if we came from monkeys then they should be extinct, because evolution happens when that species evovles and it's past species dies, so if we came from a hairy, poo flinging mammal, then why aren't they extict? now answer that question!:cool:

that's true, so don't try to anger anyone...;)

There is actually proof of evolution. Diseases evolve for a start, so do we through childhood we grow and that is a form of change or evolution. I don't see many new things being conjured up through God for the past ,say, entirety of recorded history. As regards to your question, do you know anything about natural selection at all? Personally I don't believe either story as far as I could throw them, there has to be a third explanation that has eluded humankind this far. Where there are no logical fallacies, that is where I can put my trust, so far such a situation hasn't presented itself.

No offense but if the Bible was true word for word then Lazarus would have had two death certificates, did he? No.
The flood could not have just disappeared or do you know nothing of the water cycle?

The descriptions of God conflict with one another.

There is no sense at all in the stories organised religions put forth.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, I just have a question, in different religions what are angels of death called? Oh, and about evolution, I was just wondering, on Sparda's question about them being extinct. Why would they be extinct?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
DemonSlayer6;59175 said:
Well, I just have a question, in different religions what are angels of death called? Oh, and about evolution, I was just wondering, on Sparda's question about them being extinct. Why would they be extinct?

They wouldn't.

The time is ticking, soon we open the new debate.

The topic is: Capital punishment agree/ disagree with it.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It opens now.

Judges will be absent in this debate but will agree on which side to pick. We are discussing capital punishment (the death penalty)and whether it should be introduced or removed from all of the western world.

THW would introduce capital punishment.

we need a proposition side and an opposition side.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Prposition for the motion, it's the same thing really.

Okay, remember what you are here for. The judges (myself included) will be looking for presentation and content. The judges cannot be biased and so whatever we decide may not be our actual opinion on the matter. Our favour lies with the best argument.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Yay, my first job as a judge, this should be a good one.
Phantarch, can you PM all the judges so they know about the topic please

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Sorry, but I'll change to Motion.
Okay, I start. I say it should be introduced to all countries. I mean, criminals steal, and do not pay for their evil actions. The innocent are suffering by their goods and things taken away(Stolen). Well, take a look at Dubai. They have the death penalty in place. At night, you can leave your doors and windows unlocked and not a person would even look into your house. You can even leave your car open and nobody will steal it. But here, people will steal it. There is no security at all. But, the only disadvantage in my country (South Africa), is that the black people are unemployed (I'm not being racist). So, they steal. If Capital Punishment were here, the blacks would only be killed. Since they are unemployed, they will steal for their living, because they do not earn money, because they do not have jobs. They will think the government is being racist.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
DemonSlayer6;59418 said:
Sorry, but I'll change to Motion.
Okay, I start. I say it should be introduced to all countries. I mean, criminals steal, and do not pay for their evil actions. The innocent are suffering by their goods and things taken away(Stolen). Well, take a look at Dubai. They have the death penalty in place. At night, you can leave your doors and windows unlocked and not a person would even look into your house. You can even leave your car open and nobody will steal it. But here, people will steal it. There is no security at all. But, the only disadvantage in my country (South Africa), is that the black people are unemployed (I'm not being racist). So, they steal. If Capital Punishment were here, the blacks would only be killed. Since they are unemployed, they will steal for their living, because they do not earn money, because they do not have jobs. They will think the government is being racist.

Okay, thank you 1st speaker of the proposition.

Now let's hear from the 1st speaker of the opposition.

Top Bottom