• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dealing with loading screens...

Janny

Dines with dementia
I admit that I'm not the most patient person out there, but if there's one thing that makes my blood boil it's long loading times.

How does everyone deal with them? Do you wait it out with stoicism, yell at the screen, tap your fingers? Have any funny or weird stories to share?

I usually wait it out while humming something, but after I started playing Dragon Age I realized that this game is probably the most evil one when it comes to loading times. Don't get me wrong, the PC I played it on was nice and fast, but the game still took absolute ages to load. >_<

I found myself cursing at the screen, chanting come ooooon, and the most embarrassing - trying to reason with it. You know, talking to the PC, telling him that if it loads faster I'll clean up more often, that I'll categorize all the pictures and whatnot. I even got bored enough to try a drinking game, but there really wasn't enough alcohol in the house to get passed one single level...

So, that's my slightly embarrassing way of dealing with things. Who's up next? ^__^

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Yeah, Dragon Age is a B*word*, first loading screens take 5-10 seconds and after like the tenth time you change loaction it loads for freaking 2-5 minutes. BioWare said it has something to do with the memory the game uses, but i don`t care. Since there`s nothing much happening when you go to another lacation, i just leave to get a snack or get a glass of water.
As for other games that take ages to load, i just bare with it.

Meg

Hmm...load times I just deal with, but installing updates or whatever is really annoying. i usually just leave the room and come back later.

Keaton

Premium
It was never a problem with Devil May Cry 3, since it had a handy little Logo Beater lol that you could slash and shoot ^^

Smash Bros Brawl, when waiting online for people to join a match, you can pummel the Sandbag for fun ^^

Otherwise, I tend to get myself a drink of lemonade and chill out while staring into the damn annoying blackness of the screen >.<

All games need SOMETHING to play while they're loading >.<

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I can usually deal with them for older games, but IDK how some of these newer games (like Killzone 2 has these long loading screens from what I have experienced with the game) can have these drastic loading screens.

aka958

Don't trust people
My Elder Scrolls IV got broken or something because it took between 10 to 15 minutes to just get out of bruma...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've always got the PSP on Stand-By for that very reason.

EDIT: My god, I just hit the realisation that I have to go off and do something so I'm not bored by a game.

Janny

Dines with dementia
Angelo said:
EDIT: My god, I just hit the realisation that I have to go off and do something so I'm not bored by a game.

Sounds like something Yahtzee said in one review. Too true though... Maybe it's not that we need to get entertained during that time, but rather we're so impatient to keep playing that game that we need to make time fly faster in our heads.

aka958 said:
My Elder Scrolls IV got broken or something because it took between 10 to 15 minutes to just get out of bruma...

Oh, I can beat that. I takes me a total of half an hour just to fire up Sims 2 and enter a neighborhood. Yep, I got all of the EP installed. :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Janny;193174 said:
Sounds like something Yahtzee said in one review. Too true though... Maybe it's not that we need to get entertained during that time, but rather we're so impatient to keep playing that game that we need to make time fly faster in our heads.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me, most of my friends seem to mistake every offhand comment I make for something Yahtzee has, at one point, said, which actually profoundly irritates me.

Still, I do find it amusing how, like you say, we're so impatient that even when we're carrying out a recreational activity, we found ourselves having to do something else while we wait in order to make the boredom and monotony a little less evident.

Top Bottom