• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DayZ

Dark Drakan

Admin
I still need to find some new pants as my current pair has been ruined in a zombie attack.

Also a new way of cooking meat needs to be implemented because finding a cooking pot is as much of a mission as finding a helicopter crash site.

Im sure I read somewhere about new ways to cook coming soon in one of the updates.

Including this (Cooking with Ashwood Stick)...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Also I'm pretty sure that problem with the food loot is due to the fact that the food models aren't showing up, I've noticed when you come across plain food like apples, tomatos, peppers etc, their model doesn't show up in the game world, it doesn't even really show in the inventory sometimes, which is prob why a lot of people are starving because they can't see the food and don't want to have to keep their inventory huds open in order for the background icons to show up for the food.

For example, look at this pic again:

2015_05_11_00001_by_wesker500-d8vb9hu.jpg

You see the dark grey rectangular icon beneath the cooking pot as well as the dark grey cube beneath the 40x bullets right next to the blank 100%?
Those are what the food loot looks like now most of the time, the food is still there, just extremely hard to find because it's all practically invisible.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Also I'm pretty sure that problem with the food loot is due to the fact that the food models aren't showing up, I've noticed when you come across plain food like apples, tomatos, peppers etc, their model doesn't show up in the game world, it doesn't even really show in the inventory sometimes, which is prob why a lot of people are starving because they can't see the food and don't want to have to keep their inventory huds open in order for the background icons to show up for the food.

For example, look at this pic again:
2015_05_11_00001_by_wesker500-d8vb9hu.jpg

You see the dark grey rectangular icon beneath the cooking pot as well as the dark grey cube beneath the 40x bullets right next to the blank 100%?
Those are what the food loot looks like now most of the time, the food is still there, just extremely hard to find because it's all practically invisible.

Thats strange, the bug that had been reported was to do with the persistent servers and they had incorrectly far lower loot counts and items than there were meant to be on public servers and the respawn timer for loot was far longer than they wanted it to be. Then if you were playing on private servers, a bug made them not respawn items after 48 hours of activity or something along those lines (which has since been fixed).

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Thats strange, the bug that had been reported was to do with the persistent servers and they had incorrectly far lower loot counts and items than there were meant to be on public servers and the respawn timer for loot was far longer than they wanted it to be. Then if you were playing on private servers, a bug made them not respawn items after 48 hours of activity or something along those lines (which has since been fixed).
Maybe that's the experimental branch you're talking about, I'm playing on the stable branch whereas the 0.57 patch is currently in experimental.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Maybe that's the experimental branch you're talking about, I'm playing on the stable branch whereas the 0.57 patch is currently in experimental.

Might well be, just been watching the update videos and reading through the update notes and not sure which features off top of my head are in 0.56 compared to 0.57.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DayZ is coming to Xbox One Preview Program

During Microsoft's E3 2015 press conference, Chris Charla, head of the ID@XBOX program, announced a new initiative that will let players try new games earlier and help shape their development. Xbox Game Preview is designed to let players get early access to upcoming games and, through their feedback, shape how final versions will turn out.

By Charla's own admission, this service bears much in common with Steam's Early Access program on PC, however Xbox Game Preview has one important distinction: free demos. By offering a free demo for every Xbox Game Preview entry, Charla hopes this will empower users to make an "informed decision" about whether they want to dive into a game early, or wait for the final release.

The first round of Xbox Game Preview games, which will be rolled out over the next year, will include: Sheltered, Day Z, The Long Dark, and Elite: Dangerous. Those last two will be the first ones available on the service, starting today, so go check 'em out.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Only been playing around 25mins so far and its hard to get your bearings on where you are and what buildings you have already looted at the start but found some ok loot so far but no ammo as of yet.

Found a Mosin but no ammo yet but I do have a 9MM pistol with some rounds but no mag so can only chamber 1 bullet at a time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DayZ Reflects On The Past, Looks To The Future

Bohemia Statement

As 2015 draws to a close and we approach the two year milestone of DayZ in the Steam Early Access program, the DayZ development team would like to show our deep appreciation to those who have joined us on the journey of this landmark title.

We more than anyone understand the frustrations and difficulties that come with participating in the public development of a game. As the team marches along with the new Enfusion engine development, we with our community have weathered broken or missing features, near game-breaking bugs, general growing pains, cheating issues and more. We’ve also experienced exciting landmarks and vital improvements alongside them.

We count ourselves lucky to have one of the most passionate, dedicated gaming communities sticking by us through the good and bad, aiding the team in making massive gains and advancements we might never have been able to accomplish without Early Access and those who have participated in it. With our goal set for a 2016 release from Early Access and the coming 1.0 of DayZ, lets take a quick look at what we have ahead of us:

• Steam Workshop support (Modding)
    • Base Building
    • Aerial Vehicles
    • New Renderer
    • New robust Animation System
    • Enhanced Audio System support
    • Predators
    • Finalized Chernarus +
    • Animal Companions
    • New more modern UI & Inventory
    • Public Server Binaries & Servlet/Database Release
    • New User Actions & Fluid movement within the game world
And that’s only the beginning.

The entire DayZ team is exceptionally excited about the coming year. We look forward to building this world with our growing community, seeing even more amazing stories play out and sharing landmark moments with everyone that has made this game what it is so far. We thank you, and to everyone who has joined us along the way on our march to DayZ’s ultimate release - this wouldn’t be possible without every one of you.

Dark Drakan

Admin
One of my favourite DayZ streamers (TheRunningManZ) created 2 awesome videos I thought I would share. Goes to show the experiences you can have in the game already even in early alpha.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Map Changes & .61 Progress ~ DayZ Status Report Highlight 25 October 2016

DayZ Experimental 0.61 Test Footage ~ Audio & Lighting

Dark Drakan

Admin
Soft Skills, Stamina & Vehicles Update ~ DayZ Status Report Highlight 20 December 2016

30 Tips for DayZ 0.61

Dark Drakan

Admin
Was recently a really insightful interview with Brian Hicks about the development of DayZ, where the game is currently at and the troubles it has endured over its development cycle.

Brian Hicks Interview Part 1 | Bohemia Interactive DayZ Creative Director

Brian Hicks Interview Part 2 | Bohemia Interactive Creative Director

Dark Drakan

Admin
DayZ 1.0 will FINALLY hit by end of the year

DayZ standalone has after 5 years of development finally left its early access alpha state and has moved onto Beta. According to Bohemia it will also move to 1.0 and officially leave early access to full release by the end of the year. It has been said that it will recieve constant content updates throughout next year as the core engine features will be finished.

Dark Drakan

Admin
DayZ has left Early Access on PC, and you can play it free for the weekend

The patch bringing it to version 1.0 is now live on all servers (27,970 player peak at time of writing), and as an added bonus, the multiplayer survival game is free to play from now until December 17th. As for pricing, you can buy DayZ for 15% off its Early Access price on Steam from now until Monday, at which point the price will go up to its launch price.

The development team have said there are still major updates/content patches planned and they will continue to drop from now and continue throughout 2019.

Top Bottom