• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DayZ

Dark Drakan

Admin
Damn, that's the most players I've ever seen with my time in DayZ.
2014_12_20_00004_by_wesker500-d8agval.jpg

They are experimenting with high player number servers & when zombies are fixed a little more they will have servers with more of them on too. Otherwise the big servers will just be huge battlefield style death matches which wouldn't be much fun. They want to encourage team work & people to band together to build communities & alliances etc.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
They are experimenting with high player number servers & when zombies are fixed a little more they will have servers with more of them on too. Otherwise the big servers will just be huge battlefield style death matches which wouldn't be much fun. They want to encourage team work & people to band together to build communities & alliances etc.
True, plus if you're gonna go forth with that idea of getting forum members together when you get DayZ, count me in, I'm getting bored of roaming this land alone with this much loot lol.

EDIT: Holy crap I just realized the 0.52 patch is out with all this new stuff, I never saw my DayZ update in Steam, what did I miss?

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Just killed a boar and found out what the guts look like, eww!! Plus got myself the new bomber jacket, looks pretty badass.

2014_12_20_00006_by_wesker500-d8ahflc.jpg

2014_12_20_00007_by_wesker500-d8ahfl5.jpg

2014_12_20_00009_by_wesker500-d8ahfll.jpg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Today's DayZ session was an interesting one :)

Found Duke Nukem's shotgun and a MP5 with addons and I found the new version of the Truck(notice the warm feelings):

2015_02_28_00005_by_wesker500-d8jsr6v.jpg

Went for a lovely joyride:

2015_02_28_00006_by_wesker500-d8jsr7e.jpg

Even found a 2nd truck:

2015_02_28_00004_by_wesker500-d8jsr90.jpg

After some lovely joyriding, I needed some gas:

2015_02_28_00010_by_wesker500-d8jsrab.jpg
Then I just had to turn too sharp:

2015_02_28_00011_by_wesker500-d8jsrat.jpg

BUGGER!!!

That was my adventure today in DayZ :)

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Me and my brother have done pretty well today, set up a camp and are currently watching it.

2015_03_01_00004_by_wesker500-d8jxqmn.jpg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Another interesting day in DayZ:
I got killed twice by bandits, one I tried to help, the other got lucky with a headshot, then after that I just looted every building and then managed to build myself another good camp :)

2015_03_29_00002_by_wesker500-d8nj4p5.jpg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Just experienced the changes today, the zombies don't have Superman's sight anymore so stealth is back, although maybe a bit TOO implemented as I sprinted right past some zombies and they didn't even notice, plus their sounds are gone so they can sneak on you rather easily, also their attacks are faster, though weaker and their health has boosted so their's no more one shots with the axes.
Also the zombies can get tired now which is odd when every zombie movie/TV show in history has taught you that zombies don't get tired.

Though these servers suck now, I spent hours building up 2 good camps, one with 3 trucks and 3 tents and one with 3 of the smaller tents with some gardens filled with awesome loot, but the servers restarted and when I came back online all my stuff was gone, all that hard work gone, it really pi$$ed me off.

I just hope they fix that soon or at least add in some tent crafting so I can prepare.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just experienced the changes today, the zombies don't have Superman's sight anymore so stealth is back, although maybe a bit TOO implemented as I sprinted right past some zombies and they didn't even notice, plus their sounds are gone so they can sneak on you rather easily, also their attacks are faster, though weaker and their health has boosted so their's no more one shots with the axes.
Also the zombies can get tired now which is odd when every zombie movie/TV show in history has taught you that zombies don't get tired.

Though these servers suck now, I spent hours building up 2 good camps, one with 3 trucks and 3 tents and one with 3 of the smaller tents with some gardens filled with awesome loot, but the servers restarted and when I came back online all my stuff was gone, all that hard work gone, it really pi$$ed me off.

I just hope they fix that soon or at least add in some tent crafting so I can prepare.

The zombies are undergoing a big change over the next few updates from what I have been reading on the dev blogs and the official forums so their behaviour may change multiple times in next few updates as well as some big changes.

Heard they have been working a lot on the server infrastructure lately which is why those sort of issues may be happening.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
AND that's another camp lost to the bulls**t servers, I'll likely give up on building camps if this crap is gonna continue, but in other news I found the new zombie model:

2015_04_04_00003_by_wesker500-d8oaz7a.jpg

and got my hands on that chainsaw!

2015_04_04_00005_by_wesker500-d8oaz8e.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
AND that's another camp lost to the bulls**t servers, I'll likely give up on building camps if this crap is gonna continue, but in other news I found the new zombie model:

Will be fixed soon according to updates ive been reading, they have been having quite a lot of issues lately with the persistence. With it being turned on by default at the moment I think the servers have been taking a hammering and with new update just launching they have issues to iron out and hotfixes are releasing already and others are being worked on.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Well glad I found a server with working persistence :)

I put this camp together a week ago and it's still here, the server maxed out it's players twice and no one found it, I hope my luck lasts :)

2015_05_09_00002_by_wesker500-d8sovfb.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well glad I found a server with working persistence :)

I put this camp together a week ago and it's still here, the server maxed out it's players twice and no one found it, I hope my luck lasts :)

Thats awesome, heard they have been working a lot on the persistence, servers and fixing the loot system which was broken with a previous update. Heard a server wipe might be on the way soon when the loot update goes live etc so might be worth getting any gear you have hidden there etc just in case. When was the last time you died & how?

They have also trying their best to work on the desync issues that have been cropping up. There have been some really good updates lately judging by the update notes and status report videos I have been watching and reading. Couple more big updates and there could be some major changes to how the game is played.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Heard a server wipe might be on the way soon when the loot update goes live etc so might be worth getting any gear you have hidden there etc just in case.
Yeah I keep seeing this message pop up saying that there is gonna be a big reset when the 0.56 update comes in, unfortunately there is a bug in which after a simple server reset the tent I set up is stuck there permanently, I can no longer open or close the door or windows and I can't pack up the tent, the only thing I can do is stash items in the tents large inventory space.
But the persistence in this server is actually pretty good because even items sitting on the ground are staying there even after server resets so I'm gonna stick with this server I'm on.

When was the last time you died & how?
I think I mentioned it here on this thread, it was when I was exploring the prison island and came across these bandits and while I had my sights on one of them another got me from behind.
I've been alive since then.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I jumped in the game a few days ago and my tent & truck was gone, obviously lost in a server restart, but I still had all the supplies I had on my person, so everything you see on the left side of the pic is GONE, everything on the right I still have today.

2015_05_11_00001_by_wesker500-d8vb9hu.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Still alive and going strong then? Even with the severe lack of loot lately? (which a fix is coming for).

Ive heard of many people simply starving to death before finding anything of note.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Still alive and going strong then? Even with the severe lack of loot lately? (which a fix is coming for).

Ive heard of many people simply starving to death before finding anything of note.
Well as you can see from that pic, I'm clearly fully hydrated and energized so food is not an issue at present, not to mention I haven't fired up the game since I saw my camp was gone so my status hasn't changed, plus the area I'm laying low in has plenty of apple trees around and I still have 2 waterbottles with a pump nearby which produces unlimited amounts of water and apples due to the server restarts being to quick so I'm pretty much good.

Hunting also helps.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well as you can see from that pic, I'm clearly fully hydrated and energized so food is not an issue at present, not to mention I haven't fired up the game since I saw my camp was gone so my status hasn't changed, plus the area I'm laying low in has plenty of apple trees around and I still have 2 waterbottles with a pump nearby which produces unlimited amounts of water and apples due to the server restarts being to quick so I'm pretty much good.

Hunting also helps.

Sounds like you have the ideal place, while the loot system is being sorted they have upped the stat increase of eating Apples I was reading yesterday.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I still need to find some new pants as my current pair has been ruined in a zombie attack.

Also a new way of cooking meat needs to be implemented because finding a cooking pot is as much of a mission as finding a helicopter crash site.

Top Bottom