• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darksiders III

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Color me interested, gonna wait and see if the artstyle changes drasticly, which I hope it won't

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Move aside, Bayonetta. The Third Horseman has arrived. (Or Horsewoman...? I dunno).

The graphical update to the McFarlane-esque art style looks fantastic. This really looks like a Darksiders game for next-gen, and stands out significantly from the other ones. Here's hoping we get to see Vulgrim and the other twisted fiends of the series.

I happen to wonder what'll happen to this series once they run out of Horsemen. Maybe we'll eventually get a game where we can switch between the Four Horsemen on the fly. THAT would be awesome.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
It's a prequel, since war is all chained up, otherwise we'd have all horseman running around.

So if War is still chained up, does that mean Darksiders 3 coincides with Darksiders 2 (basically meaning all three games take place around the same time)? If that's the case I would be very disappointed. In my opinion Darksiders 2 already had the issue of not feeling very consequential since the story is basically Death doing 'that other thing that needs doing' (bringing humanity back) while it felt like War did all the major stuff in the first game.

Couple screenshots were also released: http://gematsu.com/gallery/darksiders-iii/may-2-2017/Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_001.jpg.php
Graphics look stunning although I'm not too keen on that Maker standing there. I'm afraid that the game might ride the previous games too much.

Also I'm not really too keen on Fury's design yet. It could be because I gotta get used to eyes with pupils considering neither War nor Death had any.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
So if War is still chained up, does that mean Darksiders 3 coincides with Darksiders 2 (basically meaning all three games take place around the same time)? If that's the case I would be very disappointed. In my opinion Darksiders 2 already had the issue of not feeling very consequential since the story is basically Death doing 'that other thing that needs doing' (bringing humanity back) while it felt like War did all the major stuff in the first game.

Couple screenshots were also released: http://gematsu.com/gallery/darksiders-iii/may-2-2017/Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_001.jpg.php
Graphics look stunning although I'm not too keen on that Maker standing there. I'm afraid that the game might ride the previous games too much.

Also I'm not really too keen on Fury's design yet. It could be because I gotta get used to eyes with pupils considering neither War nor Death had any.

basically yes. But keep in mind, the time gap between Wars imprisonment after the intro of Darksiders 1 and it's actual game was 100 years, so it makes sense to fill that void. Besides that, they keep the story of what happens after 1 for a game with all four riders.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
It's a prequel, since war is all chained up, otherwise we'd have all horseman running around.
the quote says "the seal of the apocalypse is broken, shattered by wars betrayal".
War didn't break any seal without the last one, and the council knew. This could be his punishment for turning against the council at the end of darksiders 1.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Got Darksiders 1 in a bundle of games a few years back during a sale, but never played it, only just saw now that I have the Warmastered Edition as well.

I kinda liked this trailer and so far Fury is looking pretty cool, so I'm gonna install Warmastered Edition and see what this franchise has got.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Wow the ranting on the lead being a women has already gotten to the point where the creator has to jump in.
egswge_by_wesker500-db7ydgn.png

I loathe SJW pandering as much as the next gamer, but even though I never played this series and have no knowledge of the characters, it's pretty clear that Fury was naturally intended for the series and she's not some forced in female lead to win feminist points.

Some are even whining about Fury not being sexy enough which I'm baffled by, I think she's hot!
Depending on how her character is handled I may even see a new lady to add to my favorites which is a very small list.

I wasn't even interested in Darksiders until this trailer hit, something about it just makes me want to play the series and that does not happen if I sense political pandering.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
the quote says "the seal of the apocalypse is broken, shattered by wars betrayal". War didn't break any seal without the last one, and the council knew. This could be his punishment for turning against the council at the end of darksiders 1.

It's probably to not spoil people the first game since it's remaster has just been released. Besides, War unchained himself from the council and started the Apocalypse ,like you said, by the end of the first game.
There is a 100 year timegap between the first games tutorial and the actualy game. A timegap to be filled with the solo games of the other riders. Deaths game was set in the same timeframe. I doubt the others would simply drag him back to the council after all that has happened. Besides, he was acting upon the councils will and proved his innocence by the end of the first game.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
it can be what u said. but im not so sure.

Let me explain what made me think that this is a sequel,

the watcher was following councils order. when Azreal revealed what happened war said "my duty to council is ended". he proved his innocence right there. but then watcher forced him to execute what council intend to do. their intention was to kill the destroyer and not to break the seventh seal and in the end he broke the seal against council's will and kill the watcher. which is definitely an act against the council. later Uriel said "You will be haunted. the white city for certain. the council and there will be others. will you wage this war alone?"

it clearly stated that the council clearly has reason to punish War even after he proved his innocence.

but still which makes no sense the four horsemen gathered at the end of darksiders. but why War still ended up in council's chain.

i guess we will have to wait and find out
i was thinking about putting a spoiler tag but then i thought it's a 7 years old game.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
- War wants redemption by hunting down Abaddon the Destroyer
- Death seeks the Tree of Life or Well of Souls to restore mankind for his brother's innocence
- Now Fury seeks out the Seven Deadly Sins

What will Strife's story be to you all next game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think most websites who reported on the game said that the game is around the same timeframe as Darksiders 2. Fury is tasked by the Charred Council to go after the seven deadly sins(?) while death goes on his personal quest and Strife does something....

I'm hoping Strife does have a role in the game even thought I'm guessing they are gonna save him to be the playable character for the next game. I'm not asking him to be playable but he could be a quest chain or something.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I think most websites who reported on the game said that the game is around the same timeframe as Darksiders 2. Fury is tasked by the Charred Council to go after the seven deadly sins(?) while death goes on his personal quest and Strife does something....

I'm hoping Strife does have a role in the game even thought I'm guessing they are gonna save him to be the playable character for the next game. I'm not asking him to be playable but he could be a quest chain or something.

I hope Strife will have conflict within himself like the Prince of Persia in The Two Thrones. He's always been an uncaring bastard to his family. But he'll learn to be caring and loving to his siblings.

The White Rider of Conquest... and Pestilence.

Top Bottom