• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Souls III

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why is it always two different collector's editions? :/ I am rather saddened that even From is doing the whole money-milking thing now.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Kinda wish it would have smaller collector's edition with arbtook and few goodies. I don't really need all those figurines.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Kinda wish it would have smaller collector's edition with arbtook and few goodies. I don't really need all those figurines.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Like what Metroid Prime Trilogy did. Metal case with a plastic sleeve and an artbook. That's all I need. Heck, that's all the Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition needed.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Like what Metroid Prime Trilogy did. Metal case with a plastic sleeve and an artbook. That's all I need. Heck, that's all the Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition needed.
I remember when Demon's souls came we get collector's edition with art book + physical guide and it was more than enough. But they started to cash in since Dark Souls 2, and it gets fairly annoying. Im glad they at least didn't done same with BB

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well damn. So we've got our three main bosses apparently.

Big blobby tar-demon priest, legion of abysswalker knights, and a previous Giant lord. Looks like it's taking elements from the previous three Souls games.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sorry, I think I drooled all over the trailer. I think I need a new one.

Seriously though, this game can't come out soon enough. Two more weeks is too long!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Here are new system requirements for Dark Souls 3, which have have significantly higher recommended GPU requirements, increasing the recommended GPUs from a GTX 750 and an R9 7850 to a GTX 970 and equivalent GPUs.

The RAM requirements for the game remain unchanged, but the CPU requirements have a significant increase on the low end. On the high end the recommended Intel CPU remains unchanged, but the AMD CPU is raised from a FX 8150 to an AMD FX 8350.

Minimum Requirements:

Windows 10 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.3GHz / AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card, ATI Radeon HD 6870 graphics card
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • Storage: At least 20 GB of free space
  • Soundcard: DirectX11 more than the sound card that supports
Recommended Requirements:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 10 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or equivalent graphics card
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • Storage: At least 20 GB of free space
  • Soundcard: DirectX11 more than the sound card that supports
  • Controller: Xbox One controller, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Below are the original PC requirements for Dark Souls 3 for comparison.

The "You Died" spec:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
  • Processor: AMD A8 3870 3.6 Ghz or Intel Core i3 2100 3.1Ghz
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 / ATI Radeon TM HD 6870
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

The "You Died, But That's a Pretty Nice PC You've Got There" spec:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
  • Processor: AMD FX 8150 3.6 GHz or Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, ATI Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Loving it so far. I've clocked over 30 hours and am thoroughly sucked in. I've beat 3/4 lords of cinder. At this rate, I'll have it beat by the end of the weekend.

High dex character with a splash of pyromancy. It's proved to be very effective.
Katanas, scythes, and burning things in Dark Souls 3 is so fun.

Best one in the series. Shame it's slated to be the last.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Half way through the game. The game is so damn easy Y_Y there is barely any bosses that are hard to beat and all enemies are either laughably easy or just cheap.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Half way through the game. The game is so damn easy Y_Y there is barely any bosses that are hard to beat and all enemies are either laughably easy or just cheap.
I found it got decidedly harder around Irythill of the Boreal Valley, though you may just be having an easier time than I did (be it player skill or build).

The new AI on enemies in particular makes faceroll backstabbing less of an option.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I found it got decidedly harder around Irythill of the Boreal Valley, though you may just be having an easier time than I did (be it player skill or build).

The new AI on enemies in particular makes faceroll backstabbing less of an option.
I agree, it eta harder in Irythill but even after that the only hard boss I encountered was
Pontiff Sullivan
. But after that I reached profane capital which also was painfully easy with its boss being bloody joke.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I reached profane capital which also was painfully easy with its boss being bloody joke.
Definitely. That one was a gimmick-based joke.

I did find that
Aldrich
as well as the two bosses in Lothric Castle and the final boss were up to snuff. Quite a struggle beating all 3; for me, at least.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Profaned Capital boss is supposed to be a throwback to Demon's Souls, so of course he'd be kinda easy.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Definitely. That one was a gimmick-based joke.

I did find that
Aldrich
as well as the two bosses in Lothric Castle and the final boss were up to snuff. Quite a struggle beating all 3; for me, at least.
haven't reached them yet so I anticipate better challenge. But so far, I don't get people claiming
Abyss Watchers
being hard. I had more trouble with Capra Demon in DkS1 than with them.
The Profaned Capital boss is supposed to be a throwback to Demon's Souls, so of course he'd be kinda easy.
they picked wrong boss to quote from :(

Top Bottom