• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Theme is just downright horrible. Honestly modern music is tearing away what made DMC's OST so great.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
that has nothing to do with moder, yet alone music. Sounds something something cannibal corpses xD

gmc

the biggest problem people seem to be forgetting is that it doesnt feel like devil may cry music, devil may cry is fast paced action and music compliments that, this seems more a like fighters entrance type of theme than an action packed game

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
If u want Devils Never Cry back let THEM NOW HERE

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah... All of a sudden the prospect of playing Dante in this game got a lot less attractive. Here's hoping the gameplay they'll show at TGS is freaking amazing cause something's gonna have to make up for the ear rape.

Thank God for mods.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Man I wonder if they'll put an option to change the battle music you want! They better bring back Dante's famous hits!
- Devils Never Cry
- Lock and Load

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And the artist of this music is already pulling the "haters gonna hate" shtick on Instagram. Poor guy, he's just asking for trouble. Maybe he'll do something inflammatory with the fans and vice-versa and get his song booted off the game.

Reactions: gmc

gmc

the video got taken down, wouldnt be surprised if the dante trailer gets delayed which sucks cuz the instrumental is pretty dope

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I gotta disagree with pretty much all of you on this one.

Based on what I saw on that Dante trailer, this was probably the best music from this game. I don't really understand how THIS song doesn't feel like Devil May Cry, yet "Pull my Devil Trigger" is?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's a bit of a dead horse now, but I think the main reason why Subhuman was so...subpar, is because it just wasn't catchy. I'm not some music major or anything, but I try to pay attention to the nuances and details in the music I like so I can articulate it a little.

I don't really understand how THIS song doesn't feel like Devil May Cry, yet "Pull my Devil Trigger" is?

Because Devil Trigger has a rhythm, it has energy, and the lyrics play really well with the kind of zany action we'll be pulling off. Subhuman's instrumental track is pretty damn solid, but it's absolutely marred by the vocals, which clash with the rest of the song. There's no rhythm to the singing in Subhuman, there's no rise or fall, just screeching from start to end. Sometimes you can pick out a word here or there, but there's nothing that can stand out because the screeching turns it into a garbled mess. Even Combichrist's music in DmC was discernible, and they're straight aggrotech. Combichrist's music had rhythm to it, you could still follow the song.

I'd say the reason why Subhuman doesn't sound or feel like Devil May Cry is because it just sounds like screaming garbage, a total mess slathered all over the instrumentals. Devil May Cry is about stylish action, and the music it evokes when it's not getting all gothic and edgy is pretty stylish too. Most DMC music compliments the action, it compliments style with style, but Subhuman was just...rough. It was screeching over sword-swinging and gunfire. No energy, just....rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Or, if anyone who liked Subhuman, or listens to Lamb of God of Cradle of Filth can tell me what at all is attractive about screeching nigh-discernible lyrics into a microphone, over the rest of the band, I'd love some elucidation, because it's not only just not my cup of tea, it ain't even my teahouse.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
What Cradle of Filth which is metal band has to do with Suicide Silence which id deathcore? So apples to oranges. Now if you said Cannibal Corpse, I could understand it.
Generally as long as music has rythm to it and flows nicely I don't mind it. But I really not into death metal. Sadly most singers overcompensate lack of voice by screeching. I understand not everyone has voice like Rammstein lead singer, but than don't do it? This is reason I don'T like Combichrist and this is reason why I don't like bands like Suicide Silence as well.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What Cradle of Filth which is metal band has to do with Suicide Silence which id deathcore? So apples to oranges. Now if you said Cannibal Corpse, I could understand it.
Generally as long as music has rythm to it and flows nicely I don't mind it. But I really not into death metal. Sadly most singers overcompensate lack of voice by screeching. I understand not everyone has voice like Rammstein lead singer, but than don't do it? This is reason I don'T like Combichrist and this is reason why I don't like bands like Suicide Silence as well.

Apologies, I could be wrong in assuming Cradle of Filth was screeching like Lamb of God was. Hell, I could even be wrong about Lamb of God, but the few songs I had heard from them all was a screeching mess and I was like "Yeah...I don't ever wanna hear that stuff again."

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Apologies, I could be wrong in assuming Cradle of Filth was screeching like Lamb of God was. Hell, I could even be wrong about Lamb of God, but the few songs I had heard from them all was a screeching mess and I was like "Yeah...I don't ever wanna hear that stuff again."
I don't know much about Lamb of God tbh. But Suicide Silence is probably one of the most extreme screeching I ever heard in heavy genre. Generally I prefer more classic bands that relied on strong voices, but they become even more and mroe rare nowadays.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Too bad no Linkin Park in mind since the passing of their lead singer. I go for Evanescence. Lacuna Coil?

OOH! How about Skillet!? Fireflight!? Red!?

Any of those guys could work for Dante's theme.

Reactions: gmc

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Is it (way) too late to just suggest burn it to the ground be Dante's theme? I know everyone hates nickleback but, it's better than screaming.

Here's a really old Deadpool fan trailer from a long time ago... I think it could work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom