• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Sexual Orientation

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yes, because I don't like your PRECIOUS DmC, that makes me a troll, good deduction, mr.furfag
Quit it with the furfag. It's rude!

Capture20_zps3caeec0e.png

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No need to call someone a furfag- chill.Besides, bronies are closely associated with the furry fandom. I've seen pictures>_<

Can't belive I'm typing this but can we please get back to discussing Dante's sexual orientation....I still can't believe I typed that:lol:
How is liking a show about ponies associated to the furry fandom? I also really enjoy the Sly Cooper series but just because it has a cast of anthromorphic characters it doesn't make me a furry. I don't have a problem with anyone's preferences but I just don't see your point.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
How is liking a show about ponies associated to the furry fandom? I also really enjoy the Sly Cooper series but just because it has a cast of anthromorphic characters it doesn't make me a furry. I don't have a problem with anyone's preferences but I just don't see your point.
I've seen images and art by accident. :blush: I know not all are like that, but sadly a few ruin it for the majority....plus the clopping...but less said about that the better.

IncarnatedDemon

You attacked zero first with that picture from the .MOV series. I think Zero has every right to call you a douchebag dude. This has nothing to do with being a part of a certain fandom, you're just being a jerk, nothing more, nothing less.
To be honest Zero attacked Mr first by saying "And you call yourself a brony".

Not saying it justifies what MrRandom posted (i found it pretty offensive myself), but let's be clear of who attacked who first.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That's what started this WHOLE THING, I simply expressed my opinion saying I don't like the New Dante, and you jumped me yelling "ERMAGHERD! TROLLING!"
Yea we get it already. Your group hates everything DmC. Have a round of freaking applause because I gotta admit you people sure are persistent for keeping up this complaining for so long. Thought you'd kind of get over yourselves because it's just a game but whatever.

I mean this all really started because the rest of us were just poking fun at the original Dante and you just couldn't stand for it. You didn't have to get involved.

ZeroLove

That's what started this WHOLE THING, I simply expressed my opinion saying I don't like the New Dante, and you jumped me yelling "ERMAGHERD! TROLLING!"

Is that why you think I responded to you? It wasn't because of your opinion about DmC at all. It was in fact because of your behaviour being very non-brony like. That's what I don't like about you, it is your behaviour on these forums. It has nothing to do with your opinion on DmC. My best friend don't like DmC, that doesn't mean I'm going to like him less. That's just an opinion that I just don't share with him and he has every right to have that opinion, like you have every right to have your opinion on DmC.

Not saying it justifies what MrRandom posted (i found it pretty offensive myself), but let's be clear of who attacked who first.
Does my first post really seem like an "attack"?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

So responding with a picture that's calling Zero the C word is totally fine? We all know who's really in the wrong here.

ZeroLove

Well, it's up to the mods to decide who is wrong and who is not. I reported him, he reported me, so they will get here sooner or later.

How about we roll this thread back to its main topic, shall we?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
[quote="ZeroLove, post: 473478, member: 17121"
Does my first post really seem like an "attack"?[/quote]
It did too me.

And since when did bronies have a set personality? We are all millions of different people over the internet.
Yet again, we are a fandom, not a cult.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well, it's up to the mods to decide who is wrong and who is not. I reported him, he reported me, so they will get here sooner or later.

How about we roll this thread back to its main topic, shall we?
Okay then. Question time:
What would the reaction be if maybe they made Dante bisexual? Or gay? Would it change the way the character is received by fans even though he'd still be the same asskicking demon killer....Or would it add anything to Dante's character?

IncarnatedDemon

So responding with a picture that's calling Zero the C word is totally fine? We all know who's really in the wrong here.
I am simply saying that Zero got ticked off at MrRandom and said a line he shouldn't have. Let me break down the argument ok?

You started it:
Calling DmC DAnte a god and superior who had sex.

But original Dante was a dork you said who probably never had a date.
You called original Dante a dork. FALSE: original Dante isn't a dork.

MRRandom called DmC Dante a swagfag and a emo. FALSE: DmC Dante isn't a faq or emo. If he has swag or something i dunnu.

Zero calls out MrRandom "And i thought you were a brony" for calling DmC Dante what he called him. This started argument between these two.

MrRandom went overboard and posted something that escalated the situation alot . A offensive picture. That was a stupid move.

And that's the argument right there. Let me list up whos most at fault.

1. Chancey yourself : You started this by poking at original Dante. Its quite similar to if i said "DmC Dante is emo" (people wud get annoyed).

2. MrRandom - u shudnt have posted the pic.

3. and least at fault is Zero but i think his comment was unecessary tbh because his argument with MrRandom started with his comment.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I should have found something better to do on my day off today. Totally sucks getting a day off when all your other friends are busy.
452584-bigthumbnail.jpg

Just chilling.
Well I guess spending the day discussing with you wonderful people wasn't too bad when it didn't have someone to come in and be a party pooper. Stay awesome guys.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I am simply saying that Zero got ticked off at MrRandom and said a line he shouldn't have. Let me break down the argument ok?

You started it:
Calling DmC DAnte a god and superior who had sex.

But original Dante was a dork you said who probably never had a date.
You called original Dante a dork. FALSE: original Dante isn't a dork.

MRRandom called DmC Dante a swagfag and a emo. FALSE: DmC Dante isn't a faq or emo. If he has swag or something i dunnu.

Zero calls out MrRandom "And i thought you were a brony" for calling DmC Dante what he called him. This started argument between these two.

MrRandom went overboard and posted something that escalated the situation alot . A offensive picture. That was a stupid move.

And that's the argument right there. Let me list up whos most at fault.

1. Chancey yourself : You started this by poking at original Dante. Its quite similar to if i said "DmC Dante is emo" (people wud get annoyed).

2. MrRandom - u shudnt have posted the pic.

3. and least at fault is Zero but i think his comment was unecessary tbh because his argument with MrRandom started with his comment.
Oh please. If I would have made fun of the DmC Dante you wouldn't have said a single thing to me. Poking fun at the original Dante is considered taboo to you. I love the Metal Gear Solid series as it's probably my favorite video game series but I also make fun of those games all the time. Lighten up.

ZeroLove

Okay then. Question time:
What would the reaction be if maybe they made Dante bisexual? Or gay? Would it change the way the character is received by fans even though he'd still be the same asskicking demon killer....Or would it add anything to Dante's character?

There are always people who judge on sexuality. There are people whose whole view on you shifts completely when they find out if you're something else than straight, as if it is a defining matter to which your whole person is based on... which it isn't, by the way.

Because Dante is a fictional character in a game where a love interest has no importance at all, then it doesn't matter what he is. As mentioned earlier, let the fanfiction writers decide what he is in their made-up stories. It is why it is called fiction, after all. Personally, I don't think it would add to his character to let us know for certain whatever his sexuality is, because it doesn't matter to his character or to the story.

IncarnatedDemon

Does my first post really seem like an "attack"?
Yes. Chancey poked at original Dante, you didn't reply to him and say he shudnt do that.
But MrRandom poked at DmC Dante to a bigger degree than chancey poked at original Dante, you replied to him.

Or are you saying Chancey's claim of original Dante being a dork is correct, and MRRandoms claim of DmC Dante being swagfaq and emo false?

Both of em are false, so i view it as a small attack because you went after one guy only.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh please. If I would have made fun of the DmC Dante you wouldn't have said a single thing to me. Poking fun at the original Dante is considered taboo to you. I love the Metal Gear Solid series as it's probably my favorite video game series but I also make fun of those games all the time. Lighten up.
I like making fun of either DMC or DmC or Metal Gear:p That's why I spend a lot of time posting sily images on the DMC caption thread. What's the point being a fan if you can't poke fun at characters?

There are always people who judge on sexuality. There are people whose whole view on you shifts completely when they find out if you're something else than straight, as if it is a defining matter to which your whole person is based on... which it isn't, by the way.Very true. I guess like real life. Like a situation where two people get on fine and one says they are gay and the other suddenly doesn't like them for that, or is totally cool with it. It's sad how somthing like that can change an opinion so quickly.

Because Dante is a fictional character in a game where a love interest has no importance at all, then it doesn't matter what he is. As mentioned earlier, let the fanfiction writers decide what he is in their made-up stories. It is why it is called fiction, after all. Personally, I don't think it would add to his character to let us know for certain whatever his sexuality is, because it doesn't matter to his character or to the story.
I guess...if it's not major to the plot then it is best for fans to just throw about their ideas and run with their imagination. For me though, Dante would still be a cool character regardless of sexuality. It's like when people found out Dumbledoor was gay and starting hating him and the Harry Potter books, but, like Rowling said, sexuality shouldn't be a barrier to people being able to acheive great things.

Reactions: Meg

ZeroLove

Yes. Chancey poked at original Dante, you didn't reply to him and say he shudnt do that.
But MrRandom poked at DmC Dante to a bigger degree than chancey poked at original Dante, you replied to him.

Or are you saying Chancey's claim of original Dante being a dork is correct, and MRRandoms claim of DmC Dante being swagfaq and emo false?

Both of em are false, so i view it as a small attack because you went after one guy only.

That can be discussed though. The cheesy oneliners and his non-care attitude can easily be considered as dorky. Should someone run around and be like that IRL, he could be considered a dork.

Top Bottom