• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Personality

Gyakutan

Did anyone else feel that Dante was portrayed way over the top in terms of "baditude?" I felt in DMC1 and DMC3there was a balance between the cocky and serious sides to his character (lets not talk about DMC2), yet in this installment he was just a never-ending stream of one-liners and "bad ***" poses. I realize that his rebellious and carefree spirit is one of the DMC series' biggest strengths, but I missed the feeling that underneath his boasts, he was truly heartfelt in his quest for justice.

Also, why did they have to degrade Lady to being such a hussy. Her costume change was waaaaaaaaaaay too radical compared to DMC3.

BomberDom08

this is how i look at it
DMC1 Cocky and Serious
DMC2 who cares some retard made that game
DMC3 Really cocky but sorta serious when it comes to family matters such as when he sheds tears at the end
DMC4 havnt played it enough (im only on mission 7) but so far same attitude as DMC3

Lady_

Order Of R.L.C.
Also, why did they have to degrade Lady to being such a hussy. Her costume change was waaaaaaaaaaay too radical compared to DMC3.
Maybe she wants to attract the cocky and serious demon in red :p ?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I think Lady looks very attractive in her new outfit. Kickin' a$$ in style. ;3;

I liked DMC1 and DMC4 Dante. DMC3 Dante reminded me of myself in a way. Especially my additude, but I can really just be down right mean. :/

Swoosh

The way I figured it, he's only serious when he has something to be serious about. Okay, lets look back. Whenever he did loose the cocky demeanor, it was because of something close to him, such as Vergil and Trish, in DMC3 and DMC1, respectively. Let's face it. DMC4 is Nero's story. Sure, Dante (helps) save the world, but it really wasn't his fight. He just wanted his stuff back. You can't expect him to get emotional over a couple swords, or even Nero at this point, considering Nero only stopped trying to kill him shortly before the events of the end game.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante is cocky? I perceived him more as humorous than cocky (like fighting demons is a big joke for him). Besides, I don't think I'd want to see Dante going all soft or serious (unless it's because he's thinking about causing some mean damage), and I thought it was very heartfelt of him to give Yamato to Nero at the end. As he said, giving something that means the world to you to someone else, is the only real gift worth giving. Very, very true words.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like Anime Dante and DMC4 Dante. A combination of those two will be best in DMC5

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Strifer;82733 said:
I like Anime Dante and DMC4 Dante. A combination of those two will be best in DMC5

The broke a$$ poor Dante who can't afford to buy pizza mixed with the rich Dante who can afford to kick down his door everytime he leaves his office...hehe interesting combination. XD

Keaton

Premium
Gyakutan;66431 said:
Did anyone else feel that Dante was portrayed way over the top in terms of "baditude?" I felt in DMC1 and DMC3there was a balance between the cocky and serious sides to his character (lets not talk about DMC2), yet in this installment he was just a never-ending stream of one-liners and "bad ***" poses. I realize that his rebellious and carefree spirit is one of the DMC series' biggest strengths, but I missed the feeling that underneath his boasts, he was truly heartfelt in his quest for justice.

In DMC3 he was brash mainly because his 'true competition' was challenging him - Virgil

In DMC1 he has had years of killing demons to give him enough confidence to easily whip out one-liners against giant lava spiders.

In DMC4 he has had EVEN more experience, banashed the Prince of Darkness, send the Temini-gru back into hell, beat his brother on many occasions and even more...he is confident in DMC4 overly because ALL the foes are no-where near strong enough to beat him...even Nero.

His Holiness: (to Nero) "While you are not in Dante's league youstill posed a problem...

Thats why Dante let Nero lead, it was more entertaining for Dante and when Nero did get into trouble Dante was there to EASILY bail him out...I mean, look at how he toy'd with the Giant Statue and Nero himself. After a long battle, with Nero utilizing Virgils DT and Sword Dante still laughs and slaps him on the back of the head.

Dante IS that powerful...thats why he is a little...uhh...over the top :D

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Hehe, you know I didn't even read the part about Lady being a hussy until now. I wouldn't call her a hussy, she's just showing a little clevelage, nothing wrong with that. ^^

And I agree with what Lady said, she might be trying to get a peice of Dante. Can't blame her. XD

Sicktress

Artist
Did anyone else notice in DMC$ he didn't say any of his "trademark" words? No Jackpot, no Blast off, no Bingo! Call me corny but I actually liked it :(

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
You're not corny and neither are Dante's lines. He didn't get any of his signature lines because this ain't his game unfortunately. >_>

Top Bottom