• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Personality

Arwen

Lost Soul
I don't see the problem with Dante's lines. He seems just to be having fun doing what he does best kill demons and being cocky about doing it.

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
WHAT???!!! NO!!!! What a rip off, that's not fair, that line belongs to the twins! ><
I know :( That made me so mad, I don't even know why. It just feels so wrong to have someone else say that ;-;

And I don't have any problem with any of Dante's lines personally. I may call some of it corny, but that doesn't mean I don't like it, or that I'm coming down on him in anyway (SRSLY, DMC4 really just made my already unhealthy obsession with him skyrocket). Usually when I say something like that, it means I like it xD

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, i've been obsessed with the twins since 3. I've always liked Dante, but I wasn't obsessed untill the third DC game. And I hardly knew who Vergil was before 3, as a matter of fact no one did. That's why I find it alittle irritating when people are like, "They've done enough with Vergil, he's had alot, he doesn't need to return." When he was only really in one game in a way. No one really knew who he was untill part 3.

Angel Valentine;83784 said:
I know :( That made me so mad, I don't even know why. It just feels so wrong to have someone else say that ;-;

Seriously! I dare they!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well the "Devil" besides Nero shouted it as well. Maybe it was some kind of Vergil influence..
Though I agree with you guys, it is rather lame that the newbie said Dante's line.

Sparda™

You know what hit me the most?! Even though DMC4 wasn't his game, his actions and behavior were godlike. When Dante and Nero fight for the second time, and then Nero realizes that Dante has been playing with him since the beginning, made him look so pointless in the whole game. I mean, when the character himself accepts that he has been outclassed, what the hell is he doing as a protagonist?!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well, it was an introduction game about Nero, but the series is still called "Devil May Cry" (and we all agree that Devil May Cry=Dante) therefore the coolest character around is bound to be Dante. Nero got the most screen-time and defeated the last boss, even "saved the girl and lived happy afterwards" what else could he wish for?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^True, and I love how Nero accepted the fact that he is far inferior to the red boss. It just shows again how incredibly badass Dante is. Not to mention Nero giving up like a pansy (did I spell that right?) also showed a big difference between him and Dante, cuz the twins will get their asses whooped and still talk s**t. XD I love it!

darkmastersage

but i love dante can easyy be control because he can get the weapon from the boss nero half beatin and toys around with them

Swoosh

I dunno about that. Ending the game, I was still a bit "who IS this kid?" but that could be because once Dante was playable, I kinda kicked Nero off to the side and forgot about him, even when I was made to play as him. Not to say I don't like him, I do. Just not as much as the show-stealing Dante.

Top Bottom