• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's DT

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well i did say that if biblic stuff comes into DmC story it will go "Cabooom" as in puke explosion lol.
And thought only of the story.

And DMC 1 which is the first and true DMC game and with the foundation story has little to no biblic stuff in it.

But you guys are sharper than me. I just wacked the monsters and observed the stories :p

chocolatepanda

Since this thread is suppose to be about Dante's DT i thought id point out something since the DT makes enemies float what will it do to heavy enemies like the Tank Drone? In previous games not all enemies could be lifted with high time so wont that make the new DT useless in some cases?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Since this thread is suppose to be about Dante's DT i thought id point out something since the DT makes enemies float what will it do to heavy enemies like the Tank Drone? In previous games not all enemies could be lifted with high time so wont that make the new DT useless in some cases?
I think it will work on all sub bosses, and weak footsoldiers. But not on the bosses.
So another question to ask is "Will it work on bosses?"

chocolatepanda

I think it will work on all sub bosses, and weak footsoldiers. But not on the bosses.
So another question to ask is "Will it work on bosses?"

Well we saw that big ugly boss looking thing in a trailer so at most i think it will either slow down the bosses movement or do some sort of animation similar to when Nero would use his devil bringer on bosses since it does seem like an AOE attack on all surrounding enemies since he stabs the ground to initiate it (idk how he does it in mid air) so it might do something special with bosses.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i think there will be another version of this DT...i think we've only seen the aerial version...therefore, there will probably be a version that will work on bosses, much like the old DT...for example, look at MVC3...there are many types of "super attacks" that use one energy bar, maybe there are multiple forms of the DT...if so, that's pretty imaginative

chocolatepanda

i think there will be another version of this DT...i think we've only seen the aerial version...therefore, there will probably be a version that will work on bosses, much like the old DT...for example, look at MVC3...there are many types of "super attacks" that use one energy bar, maybe there are multiple forms of the DT...if so, that's pretty imaginative

Maybe you can buy different abilities that apply to DT at the skill shop or possible like in previous games his DT was link to his weapon like in DMC 1 and 3 so maybe different weapons will have different affects.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Ok, so if there are more than one DT, then i wonder if there is a Devil trigger that will transform you into this:
1662980-enslaved_character_art_monkey_large.jpg

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Ok, so if there are more than one DT, then i wonder if there is a Devil trigger that will transform you into this:
1662980-enslaved_character_art_monkey_large.jpg

Lol.. The supreme act of extreme trollin'. ;) A good one, btw :D

Now coming back, I highly doubt he'll have another DT or DT-form. I think we may get a couple of new moves when in DT, just like Nero had.

chocolatepanda

If DT doesn't affect flying foes it has a pretty big flaw since it was mentioned that at some point in the game you will have to fight without a floor making it useless. And if it does work against flying enemies during the time you are on the stage without a floor you would be invincible since it would never turn off which would be boring.So there has to be an ability to make up for this.

ZeroLove

Devil May Cry 1 has PLENTY of biblical references. Mundus is another name for the devil and like him, he plans to take over the human world. Demons are generally biblical, though also found in many other religions. Sparda can be considered a Messiah, a saviour of the humankind, like Jesus. And like Jesus, Dante has a human mother and a supernatural otherworldly father. Other than that, Trish's name comes from Beatrice, another name of Dante's Inferno (the book). Eva's name comes from the name Eve (I actually believe Eva is a nordic European name for Eve), the mother of all humankind.

I'd say there are lots of biblical references in the first Devil May Cry.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Devil May Cry 1 has PLENTY of biblical references. Mundus is another name for the devil and like him, he plans to take over the human world. Demons are generally biblical, though also found in many other religions. Sparda can be considered a Messiah, a saviour of the humankind, like Jesus. And like Jesus, Dante has a human mother and a supernatural otherworldly father. Other than that, Trish's name comes from Beatrice, another name of Dante's Inferno (the book). Eva's name comes from the name Eve (I actually believe Eva is a nordic European name for Eve), the mother of all humankind.

Your actually right and i am wrong. Well argumented. However, i wonder if Bible or texts of it was used as source of ideas?

Railazel

Just to clarify, Jesus is the physical embodiment of the Word (Logos) on Earth. The Word was with God and is God, the Word had chosen Mary to give birth to a child filled with the Word so that he can spread the teachings of God in a way that all humans can understand since, before his time, no one was able to see God. So God isn't some "otherworldly" father, Jesus refers to him as that because that what God is to everyone, and God would designate Jesus as his own son. Their relationship isn't one of flesh and blood, but of Spirit since the Spirit of the Lord had allowed Mary to have a Virgin Birth. God is everyone's father, it is only a matter of whether you recognize as that.

Dante sort of refers to this when he says that not only does the Blood of Sparda run through the veins of both him and Vergil but also his soul.

ZeroLove

Just to clarify, Jesus is the physical embodiment of the Word (Logos) on Earth. The Word was with God and is God, the Word had chosen Mary to give birth to a child filled with the Word so that he can spread the teachings of God in a way that all humans can understand since, before his time, no one was able to see God. So God isn't some "otherworldly" father, Jesus refers to him as that because that what God is to everyone, and God would designate Jesus as his own son. Their relationship isn't one of flesh and blood, but of Spirit since the Spirit of the Lord had allowed Mary to have a Virgin Birth. God is everyone's father, it is only a matter of whether you recognize as that.

Dante sort of refers to this when he says that not only does the Blood of Sparda run through the veins of both him and Vergil but also his soul.

So who is Jesus' biological father? And how would Mary still be a virgin when pregnant with him then?

Top Bottom