• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's character growth in DMC3

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
What we know of Lady is; her mother was named Kalina-Ann, her father was Arkham, and likely through her mother, she's descended from the priestess, who may possibly have been a lover of Sparda's. The last part is theory, keep in mind, but the facts we have fit. Arkham was a librarian in some kind of "church" respository of legends and history, and from that, we have learned that because Dante and Vergil were born in the modern era(they were late teens in DMC3, Eva's picture is a color photograph, Dante's very much a modern teenager in DMC3, the murder of their mother was twenty years prior in DMC1), the fact a legend exists of Sparda fathering twins in the past means they are NOT his only cambion brood.

But this means that Lady was probably not trained by a similar order to Fortuna's Order of the Sword, she likely would have already known of them before their encounters pre-DMC4.

Valcorn

Plotholes, plotholes everywhere... really weird for the tale of Sparda to had been written 20 years prior to DMC3
I think Capcom messed up simply, they shouldn't ever have made DMC2 without Kamiya, end of story.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Plotholes, plotholes everywhere... really weird for the tale of Sparda to had been written 20 years prior to DMC3
I think Capcom messed up simply, they shouldn't ever have made DMC2 without Kamiya, end of story.

I don't think it would be any less convoluted with Kamiya helming DMC2, since it would have dumped Dante and switched to following his son...fighting Mundus again. It would have been a repeat of DMC1 from what information Kamiya has given. He seems to just repeat the same story and characters in his games, since Bayonetta was pretty much DMC all over again...ALL of them at once.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Pretty much, since it almost directly references Eva and Sparda, has a co-star appearance by Enzo Ferino, and pretty well seems to be set in the same world as DMC1 without the sequels being included. Oh, and then there's the Redgrave references and Kamiya explaining that Antonio Redgrave was a journalist young Dante was fond of and took his name as an alias pre-DMC1.

Then again, considering Vigrid is pretty much a carbon Copy of Fortuna City, and Baldar is even voiced by Liam O'Brian, who voiced Sanctus...

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Fan conjecture aside, I love the analysis in the first post.

my one gripe with the series has always been that they don't do a very good job of telling this story, and the average player might even go through the whole game not even realizing a story had happened. I'm really hoping that DmC resolves these story telling issues. I mean, they wrote enslaved and heavenly sword, and those games had pretty awesome storytelling, so there's some hope for that

I'll admit that DMC3's plot's subtleties go over most people's heads, but that's what is so effective about it. There are depths where you wouldn't expect them, waiting for you to consider and discover them, yet the game won't hold your hand and exposit about them...it's just like the gameplay in that regard...

Bugger me DMC3 was awesome.

Top Bottom