• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's character growth in DMC3

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yes, thank you for restarting the obvious, something I already noted in the details of my notes and theorum which you summarily ignored...

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
:'( did you say that maybe Sparda and the Priestess had a thing and before the sacrifice she could have given birth to his kid? :|

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
That's exactly what my theory on Lady's bloodline is, yes. Everything else Sparda sacrificed to seal teh tower meant something to him; his blood, his power, technically the sword that carries his own name...by all means his HOME...and so it's not out of the question to to think maybe the priestess was someone important to him as well. With his inclincation to love human women, it's possible the priestess was someone Sparda loved. We know that Eva wasn't from 2000 years ago, since Dante has a color photograph of her...which means the "ancient tale" of twin sons was NOT Dante and Vergil...it may have been the priestess' children before her death..

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That's exactly what my theory on Lady's bloodline is, yes. Everything else Sparda sacrificed to seal teh tower meant something to him; his blood, his power, technically the sword that carries his own name...by all means his HOME...and so it's not out of the question to to think maybe the priestess was someone important to him as well. With his inclincation to love human women, it's possible the priestess was someone Sparda loved. We know that Eva wasn't from 2000 years ago, since Dante has a color photograph of her...which means the "ancient tale" of twin sons was NOT Dante and Vergil...it may have been the priestess' children before her death..
I wouldn't be surprised seeing how 3 hints that Sparda had a thing with Nevan. It could also be why Nero has Sparda's blood and could fix the Yamato.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I've got my opinions on why Nero could heal Yamato and why it glows purple for him, but certain posters here seem to find it in their interest to try and attack said opinion every time they see me post. Sufice to say, i don't think Dante or Vergil are capable of repairing Rebellion or yamato by themselves because they were crafted by Sparda and were in origin his swords, not the twins. But in terms of nero's bloodline, that's exactly how I figure it; Sparda had to have more that one wife or lover after he trapped himself in the human world, and thus, more than just a few kids running around.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I would say that Sparda was a hard man to please so he only fell in love like 2 or 3 times I also think that Dante and Vergil could repair the swords since they mastered them but in the series Yamato is the only one to get broken so i would say it would be pretty rare for their swords to break

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Or it could have been Sparda. hence, I acknowledge it as a THEORY, but one that has supporting evidence. Lady's pretty up and able for a supposed full human, and she seems to recover from having her thigh impaled on a five inch wide, probably foot long or more BAYONETT pretty quickly for a human and was running around like nothing happened.
Bros before hoes.

As for Lady, it's a game or Capcom avoid logic as plague.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I would say that Sparda was a hard man to please so he only fell in love like 2 or 3 times I also think that Dante and Vergil could repair the swords since they mastered them but in the series Yamato is the only one to get broken so i would say it would be pretty rare for their swords to break

And the question because what COULD break the swords...since Vergil's last moments of life were seen going after Mundus, it's likely that our statue boy snapped Yamato in half...

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
And the question because what COULD break the swords...since Vergil's last moments of life were seen going after Mundus, it's likely that our statue boy snapped Yamato in half...
Bet Vergil wasn't to pleased about that.
Mundas: Sooo yeah i broke your sword so instead of giving you another katana how about a give you this big sluggish broad sword?
Nelo Angelo:.....
Mundas: Great now im sending you to this deserted island were your going to wait 9 years until i can fully restore my self have fun!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
"Mighty is Mundus! What great endevour shall we undertake todaye, master?!" "...Griffon, you suck, I got my ass handed to me by a 14 year on call of duty, I don't wann'a listen to your crap right now!" "Bah! Another small one!" "SHUT UP, PHANTOM!"

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I could just imagine the days. Griffon sucking up to Mundas while Phantom gets bored and starts pestering Nelo Angelo trying to start a fight. And Nightmares in the corner just being a creeper.
images

Valcorn

It's possible Lady is partially a demon (maybe 10%, but she is sure hell strong for that 0_0) as of Arkham's line: "Impressive, I expected nothing less from the devil's descendants"

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It's possible Lady is partially a demon (maybe 10%, but she is sure hell strong for that 0_0) as of Arkham's line: "Impressive, I expected nothing less from the devil's descendants"

And this is part of the origin of my theory that Lady has descent from Sparda via the priestess he ended up sacrificing to seal the tower.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...no, that makes even less sense, since she was a teenage schoolgirl going in on rage and vengence. How does that give her extensive training?

Or maybe you realized that we actually agreed on something and decided this is an unholy violation of your apparent previous creed to always argue my points :troll:

Valcorn

Devil May Cry never made much sense, don't look for an answer when there's no question in the first place. It's over the top, in the universe I guess it's believable that in a year, a girl can train to become a demon hunter.

Zato-OW

King
Not enough of Lady's history was revealed. We just know she was a school girl and her father sacrificed her mother to become a demon. She may have been part of a order similar to Nero and gained her training there.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Not enough of Lady's history was revealed. We just know she was a school girl and her father sacrificed her mother to become a demon. She may have been part of a order similar to Nero and gained her training there.
she was also the descendant of the Priestess, Sparda scarified to seal the Temi ni gru

Top Bottom