• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Ghost Rider

VS

• Devil Hunter Dante

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • The Ghost Rider

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

I think this might be a good match- up.

Dante- Half- human, half- demon, he has a crap load of strength, and great sword and gun skill. Despite the fact that he is human, he can't die. Talk about a bad ass.

Ghost Rider- Like Dante, he is half- human, half- demon (in a sense), which he became after selling his soul to the devil. Having a crap load of strength, immortality, a flaming chain, and a sweet ass bike that he comes to his beck and call, this fiery, hot head is the servant of the devil, and will do his job, no matter what the cost.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
First thing I want to say: you should add a poll.
Second thing: About the match-up, I don't know what to choose. Maybe I should wait for someone else to post, just to inspire.

Keaton

Premium
Hm.

Personaly, Dante will probably be far stronger than the Rider and faster to boot. But, the Rider has a fearsome arsenal of constantly 'demonic' powered weapons at his disposal, he is also easily immortal (assuming he is matured).

But, the Riders most powerful weapon, Penance Stare is worthless against Dante because Dante is not an evil person - in fact, in which case, the Rider probably wouldn't be able to use his full power because he isn't in the presence of evil.

Toughie, but Dante is the winner here methinks.

EDIT: Added a Poll ^_^

Sparda™

Keaton;175805 said:
Toughie, but Dante is the winner here methinks.

Same here.

The Rider's most powerful weapon cannot be utilized against someone as Dante, so yeah, Dante wins.

Durante

Dead
Well i remember one episode on Hulk when Ghost rider tried to make hulk angry so he took Banner and made him angry he can actually use the weapon against innocent but doesn't think it's right anyway's i think Dante wins...

Bluerawr35

Trickster
Pfft, Dante hands down...he probably wouldn't even full on fight Mr. Fiery Ghost Rider there...in my honest opinion, Dante just needs his speed and that ****y ass attitude o' his that's so wonderful. Plus...Ghost Rider doesn't have the necessary skill to take someone like Dante down, seeing as how Dante is superior in every aspect other than "I'm on fire."

Railazel

You guys don't think about this stuff thouroughly do you...

1. GR can use the Penance Stare on anybody, Dante is 2,000 years old so he must've done something bad at least once in his life.

2. GR can unlash his power in darkness or in the presence of evil, Dante is a presence since he is half demon.

Now, here's a scenario that I made up:

Johnny Blaze rides up to meet Dante. None of them speak to each other, but instantly walk towards each other. Dante pulls out his sword and begins to run towards Johnny, while Johnny instantly transforms into Ghost Rider, pulls out his chain and lassoes Dante. Dante grabs the chain and pulls Ghost Rider towards him instead, then stabs him stomach and cuts off his skull. Ghost Rider's flame burns out and Dante walks off thinking that he's dead. But, Ghost Rider stands up and puts his skull back on his shoulder. Dante pauses realizing that Ghost Rider isn't dead, yet. Ghost Rider pulls out his shotgun and shoots Dante, Dante rolls out of the way, but Ghost Rider whistles for his bike and begins to run over Dante. Dante dodges out of the way of each dash, but is unexpectedly lassoed by his neck, and dragged along the ground. Ghost Rider walks over to and pulls out his shotgun. Dante pulls out his pistol sand begins to shoot Ghost Rider, but all that fails as Ghost Rider can't be harmed by bullets and just simply shoots Dante. Ghost Rider Wins.

In this Scenario, Ghost Rider wins do the effectiveness of his weapons: 1. His chain- The least effective against Dante in this scenario unless GR can somehow catch Dante off- guard, which he was able to do by lassoing him while he was dodging his bike dashes.

2. His bike- Most people will disagree with me on this, but his bike can be used as a weapon. He can use it to run over his enemies when he whistles to it, and its speed makes it very effective.

3. His shotgun- Which most of people forget about, his shotgun has enough immense power to blow a person up, the fight would've been over in an instant if Dante was hit by one of its bullets.

Here's another scenario:

Johnny Blaze rides up to meet Dante. The two men instantly dash at each other without a single word. Johnny transforms into Ghost Rider and tries lassoing Dante with his chain. Dante grabs the chain and pulls Ghost Rider to hims and stabs him in the stomach, then cuts off his head. Finally, Dante cuts off the rest of Ghost Rider's limbs, then walks away. Dante wins.

In this scenario, I took out the "shotgun" part of the equation, which led to Dante winning. Now there is one more power I could've put into effect, GR's ability to control hellfire. If I had put that into equation, Dante would've lost. May I also note that there is the possibility that GR can regather his bones if they are lost, I don't know if that is true so I won't put that into effect.

Durante

Dead
I got all the stuff except that Dante is 2000 years old wtf seriously o_O maybe you mean't Sparda? btw Dante is immune to bullets but im sure he would be forced back if shot

Railazel

Dante is immortal doesn't mean he is immune to bullets, he'll get shot, and the shotgun has enough firepower to blow someone to smithereens, and blown up. And, Dante was born sometime before Sparda sealed the Demon World, making him more than 2,000 years old (unless Sparda impregnated someone 20 years before DMC 3, Dante is more than 2,000 years old; The only flaw in the story that no notices)

Zato-OW

King
Dante isn't immortal. We know this because 1.)Vergil died. and 2.) Vergil died. and 3.)Uh yeah Vergil is his brother and he died...twice!!!

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Railazel;175942 said:
Dante is immortal doesn't mean he is immune to bullets, he'll get shot, and the shotgun has enough firepower to blow someone to smithereens, and blown up. And, Dante was born sometime before Sparda sealed the Demon World, making him more than 2,000 years old (unless Sparda impregnated someone 20 years before DMC 3, Dante is more than 2,000 years old; The only flaw in the story that no notices)

It is well said that he sealed the Demon World 2000 years ago, but he returned after that and fall in love with Eva and they have 2 twins, Dante and Vergil. After that, Sparda disappears.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante would win hands down. Because if we are taking both into consideration, GR does the 'Devil's work'. But considering Mundus is literally the Devil in DMC, and Sparda beat him as did Dante; then I'm sure Dante could beat a lackey of the Devil's.

Not to mention those weapons don't hurt him that much. Usually it's swords or demonic magic that weakens Dante, but hardly ever firearms. So the shotgun would be useless pretty much against him. Dante would just DT and destroy GR I'm afraid ;)

Railazel

LordOfDarkness;175981 said:
Dante would win hands down. Because if we are taking both into consideration, GR does the 'Devil's work'. But considering Mundus is literally the Devil in DMC, and Sparda beat him as did Dante; then I'm sure Dante could beat a lackey of the Devil's.

Not to mention those weapons don't hurt him that much. Usually it's swords or demonic magic that weakens Dante, but hardly ever firearms. So the shotgun would be useless pretty much against him. Dante would just DT and destroy GR I'm afraid ;)

1. Mundus isn't the devil in Ghost Rider's Uninverse, so what you just said is irrelevant.
2. GR's shotgun isn't a normal shotgun, when he transforms into Ghost Rider, the shotgun is fueled by hellfire, demon magic, whatever you want to call it, and has enough power to blow up a dude into smithereens.
3. If demonic power is the only true way to kill Dante, then Ghost Rider would basically one-shot Dante because he can control hellfire and can blow Dante up without thinking about it.

Watch the movie and read the comics, then you would know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and on the fact of Dante's DT, Ghost Rider can use Penance Stare on him. Yes, he can, Dante counts as a demon in DT, and Penance Stare works on all evil souls. Even if they're half- demon, if they transformed into their demon form, the Penance Stare can work on them.

Sparda™

Railazel;176054 said:
1. Mundus isn't the devil in Ghost Rider's Uninverse, so what you just said is irrelevant.
2. GR's shotgun isn't a normal shotgun, when he transforms into Ghost Rider, the shotgun is fueled by hellfire, demon magic, whatever you want to call it, and has enough power to blow up a dude into smithereens.
3. If demonic power is the only true way to kill Dante, then Ghost Rider would basically one-shot Dante because he can control hellfire and can blow Dante up without thinking about it.

Watch the movie and read the comics, then you would know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and on the fact of Dante's DT, Ghost Rider can use Penance Stare on him. Yes, he can, Dante counts as a demon in DT, and Penance Stare works on all evil souls. Even if they're half- demon, if they transformed into their demon form, the Penance Stare can work on them.

I just smiled a bit at first and then had a good laugh. Thanks dude.

Now to the point...

Penance Stare doesn't work on Dante.

The only beings Dante has killed were evil humans or just demons. He's basically a Devil Hunter and has a good soul, no matter how hellish It is.

Ghost Rider and Dante wouldn't meet anyway. They can tell whether is someone is evil and since they both do the same thing their own way, they wouldn't mess with each other.

Railazel

Can I point out that the last two sentences do not have any revelance to this topic since I put these two men together just to see who is stronger?

Anyways, Dante still killed somebody, whether they're are good or not, the Penance Stare is basically taking that person's pain and use it as a "flame" to burn Dante's soul. Murder is sin, no matter who you killed (with the exception of demons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom