• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante or Wesker?

Dante or Wesker?

• Dante

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Wesker

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

darkslayer13;224442 said:
if vergil was limited to teleporting for all his high speed moves than. beowulf's head whould be whole. to slice a giant demons head into peaces so fast that the act cannot be seen is not teleportation. vergil is extremly fast. and can teleport. wesker's movemnts are all speed.

Hm...

Humans can see in tens of frames per seconds (fps). Wesker can see in hundreds of fps - can decode the movement of every moving object in the world and move normally around this perception of his which switches automatically and at his own will. The normal human eye cannot percept Wesker's movement which would be normal If the generic human eye would percept the same way as Wesker, but since It cannot percept the same way the world as Wesker does, It sees Wesker as a moving wind.

Dante and Vergil are both in a great disadvantage when facing Wesker. So even though Vergil will use his fastest moves when facing Wesker, Albert is still able to move freely around Vergil while he's still having his hand at Yamato trying to get It out of the sheath to unleash an attack. Now can you imagine how fast Wesker is? For not mentioning he can kill people with his bare hands and thrust through bodies with his bare fingers alone.

the darkslayer moves are at the same level as weskers movement.

They are slower and predictable to Wesker's perception.

some trickster moves ( dash, air trick) are also at that level.

Still, predictable.

and one other thing. i have said this before but it is worth repeating. wesker lost to humans. dante has only ever lost to his brother. nether charicter is likely to lose but in the cases where they have lost the opponent dante lost to was stronger and dante later beat that opponent. that implys that dante is harder to beat. dante lost to but then later beat an opponent on the same level as wesker. wesker lost to opponents whose combined abliltys are still far beneth dante.

This is not a logical explanation.

As I've said pages earlier, Dante is a protagonist. He cannot lose a battle which decides the fate of the whole game or the game's storyline. Wesker is an antagonist. He was made on purpose to lose and for the protagonists, no matter how weak they were, to beat Wesker. This so called fact of yours is multiplied with zero.

( if you notice i am using facts ( an not just quicksilver) it is the wesker fans in this thread who are just saying " he can't lose". ( and also you may notice that i have not mentioned quicksilver in this post ( except to say i haven't mentioned it)

Excuse me? Don't try to throw the fanship flag at us. There are other neutral members here who haven't been part of the comparison debate and can tell us who was using the fanship flag and who was not.

By logic and arguments, Wesker is the winner.

Sparda™

Nicodemus Zamoran;224578 said:
Yet, Dante is ahead in the polls....

Because none is interested in knowing the arguments which make Dante virtually the defeated one by default.

It's a DMC forum, and yes, I'm being obvious because what you just said didn't need to be said at all.

Sparda™

Nicodemus Zamoran;224580 said:
I coulndn't help it. I just had to say it. I was in the mood.

Keep it on topic. Don't want to see this thread locked because biased, blinded people who wave the flags of fanship aren't smart enough to figure that Dante can be easily killed by Wesker even when valid and obvious arguments and confirmations by most of the fans themselves show so.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Well, what Darkslayer13 posted actually was facts that proved that Dante would win. Also, I think that you are just sore because Dante is beating Wesker in the polls.

Sparda™

Nicodemus Zamoran;224584 said:
Well, what Darkslayer13 posted actually was facts that proved that Dante would win. Also, I think that you are just sore because Dante is beating Wesker in the polls.

I also countered the facts he posted If you'd actually bother to read instead of trying to put me in an uncomfortable position with your tentative.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I have read. If you would think, everything can be preictable, even Wesker. Dante's moves may be predictable, but he is also random. Wesker just seems to do the same thing, while Dante mixes it up.

Sparda™

Nicodemus Zamoran;224587 said:
I have read. If you would think, everything can be preictable, even Wesker.

Generalizing, yes. But this is a specific comparison, so generalizing doesn't help Dante.

Nicodemus Zamoran;224587 said:
Dante's moves may be predictable, but he is also random. Wesker just seems to do the same thing, while Dante mixes it up.

Dante uses Devil Arms, Wesker uses martial arts and the surrounding ambient to his favor.

But It's a matter of tastes, more.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Sparda™;224591 said:
Dante uses Devil Arms, Wesker uses martial arts and the surrounding ambient to his favor.

Dante also uses guns, and when Dante had Beowulf(the gountlets and greives, not the beast) He could use martial arts, too.

Sparda™

Nicodemus Zamoran;224592 said:
Dante also uses guns, and when Dante had Beowulf(the gountlets and greives, not the beast) He could use martial arts, too.

Exactly my point. Dante relies too much on weapons.

No need to specify what Beowulf is, perfectly aware. Still, even in the case of Ifrit, Beowulf and Gilgamesh, Dante is using a weapon.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I still think that you are just sore because Dante is ahead in the polls. You may have facts, but you are still sore. Just admit it, we all know anyway.

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Friends, Friends, haven't you gotten tired of arguing and quarreling with each other?? It is obvious NONE of YOU (and I mean everyone) cannot accept the different opinions of each other. Both of the sides are right and wrong, but nobody wants to admit his mistakes. Surely, Dante and Wesker possess super human strengths and abilities, they are AT LEAST equal if facing each other (This IS another fact, you cannot deny it). But both men have weaknesses and disadvantages... So why not close this thread and get over with it???

Since it is a DMC forum, there are much more Dante fans, than Wesker's, so it is apparent, that this is Dante's turf, and Wesker is just a guest, and Sparda's boy wins by default, no matter the arguments or facts - the truth is above - 22 votes for Dante against Wesker's 7. I am sure, if such a thread would appear at RE forum - wesker would automatically WIN. So.... Truce? ^_^

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
I gotta agree with Sparda on this one, Wesker wins hands down. From what Sparda has previously said, Dante barely stands a chance against Wesker 'cause he relies on weapons far too much rather using his own hands to do the talking :/

Sparda™

Nicodemus Zamoran;224601 said:
I still think that you are just sore because Dante is ahead in the polls. You may have facts, but you are still sore. Just admit it, we all know anyway.

This is the perfect example of someone who has no argument whatsoever and uses the personal attacks as a last resort. I won't give you the pleasure you are seeking for though.

Sometimes, silence is better than gibberish.

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
I see it's now 22 Dante votes against Wesker's 8.... Dante still wins, no matter what you say, people. Because Dante has the support if his fans here, that gives him the upper hand ;) Now, at first I was on Dante's side, but now I changed my mind and decided to stay neutral. But I repeat - the truth is above the thread... Dante wins . Period

Sparda™

Lerrion;224608 said:
I see it's now 22 Dante votes against Wesker's 8.... Dante still wins, no matter what you say, people. Because Dante has the support if his fans here, that gives him the upper hand ;) Now, at first I was on Dante's side, but now I changed my mind and decided to stay neutral. But I repeat - the truth is above the thread... Dante wins . Period

If that makes you feel better, go for It, son. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom