• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

TheNoHeartedBeing

The thing is Nero is only a quarter of a demon as some of you said(im not sure if its true or not). See that means hes more human then demon. Humans have limits. If Dante existed in the real world could any of us beat his ass? No, no just no. Were human were limited. We cant going jumping off of buildings, we cant go killing demons, we cant do anything really when it comes battle against demons. Ok. Nero has some demon in him which makes him pretty strong but hes still more human than demon. How can a dude that's more human then demon kill a dude that's angel and demon? Its not possible. Its just not. Sure he took out the false savior but still. It was the "false" savior. Im no fanboy of Dante nor Nero. Im just thinking completely logically.
Actually i would like to give Nero a good advantage. Dante hasnt mastered his demon power nor has he mastered his angel powers. That gives Nero a good advantage but still like i said, Nero is more human than demon.

ChaserTech

The thing is Nero is only a quarter of a demon as some of you said(im not sure if its true or not). See that means hes more human then demon. Humans have limits. If Dante existed in the real world could any of us beat his ass? No, no just no. Were human were limited. We cant going jumping off of buildings, we cant go killing demons, we cant do anything really when it comes battle against demons. Ok. Nero has some demon in him which makes him pretty strong but hes still more human than demon. How can a dude that's more human then demon kill a dude that's angel and demon? Its not possible. Its just not. Sure he took out the false savior but still. It was the "false" savior. Im no fanboy of Dante nor Nero. Im just thinking completely logically.

I'm sorry, but all you're saying is that since Nero is more human than demon, that means he has more limits because he's a human, even though he has already shown some impressive feats for being a part of an actual demon. You can't dismiss this as Nero being weaker than DmC Dante.

It's like saying Zoro in One Piece has limits since he's a human so therefore he's weaker than Chopper (who is a deer that ate a Devil Fruit, giving him powers), even though Zoro is much stronger than Chopper to begin with.

*Incoming Technical Stuff*
Just judging by what we've seen during the cutscenes between both DMC4 and DmC, Nero could pretty much beat Dante.​
At 1:02, Nero flings his sword around him in order to generate wind to clear all of the flames around him. That alone takes a lot of strength to do considering the fact that fire isn't easily put out by wind. Not to mention that it was a small town in which he took out the fire around him, not just from a single spot. And at 1:28, he blocks Berial's sword without so much of a struggle, with the tip of his own sword, which also generates a small gust of wind.​
At 6:56, he literally swings Bael around like a rag doll. Afterwards, around 7:20, he punches Bael in the face, sending him flying in the air with very little effort. And lastly at 7:50, he rushed towards the hellgate and punches one of the frog demons in the face, which repels the rest of them backwards due to the force of the punch.​
Further analyzing Nero's strength, OBD (OutskirtsBattleDome) lists Nero's physical striking strength around Class M.​
Class M = (10^6 - 10^9 kg) or The mass of the largest ship, small pyramids.
Nero's speed is also placed as Supersonic+ since he is able to dodge bullets fairly easily. (dodged them when he was fighting Dante point blank with ease).​
He can also fire sword blasts from Yamato in order to create large holes in fairly durable walls.​
Now for Dante​
Parts of the sections where Dante has to pull/destroy objects that gets in his way. As well as this, he has a pretty high tolerance for bullet fire since he doesn't seem to be injured by them even though he's taking direct hits.​
Parts of the fight where Dante pulls the succubus several times while using Demon Pull.​
20:02 specifically where he parries Hunter's lunging swing and tosses him to the other side of the hallway.​
I'll be honest, these are the main videos where I can estimate Dante's true strength since he doesn't do much in terms of displaying his power during the cutscenes. At best, his strength level is just around large building level, if not that, probably around small building level.​
Seeing how Dante fights like a brawler, his style mainly focuses on strength rather than anything else. And even though he's half angel/half demon, this doesn't take away the fact that he's still mortal, just like Nero. The only advantage that this Dante has is that he has low level regeneration in his base form. (which Nero has within his D.T. form) And even within Dante's D.T. form, it seems as if Mundus was only stopped for a brief amount of time before he pulled out his main eye within the boss fight. His D.T. is not nearly as potent as DMC3 Dante's Quicksilver.​
And there's my reasons on why I think Nero can beat Dante. He's has far more destructive capabilities than Dante and he's faster than him. (I haven't seen DmC Dante move at bullet speed at all within any cutscenes. If there's cutscenes showing this, please correct me.) And again, this is just me judging from the cutscenes alone and not gameplay since mechanics can be kinda broken (RoyalGuarding for example).​

TheNoHeartedBeing

I'm sorry, but all you're saying is that since Nero is more human than demon, that means he has more limits because he's a human, even though he has already shown some impressive feats for being a part of an actual demon. You can't dismiss this as Nero being weaker than DmC Dante.

It's like saying Zoro in One Piece has limits since he's a human so therefore he's weaker than Chopper (who is a deer that ate a Devil Fruit, giving him powers), even though Zoro is much stronger than Chopper to begin with.

*Incoming Technical Stuff*
Just judging by what we've seen during the cutscenes between both DMC4 and DmC, Nero could pretty much beat Dante.​
At 1:02, Nero flings his sword around him in order to generate wind to clear all of the flames around him. That alone takes a lot of strength to do considering the fact that fire isn't easily put out by wind. Not to mention that it was a small town in which he took out the fire around him, not just from a single spot. And at 1:28, he blocks Berial's sword without so much of a struggle, with the tip of his own sword, which also generates a small gust of wind.​
At 6:56, he literally swings Bael around like a rag doll. Afterwards, around 7:20, he punches Bael in the face, sending him flying in the air with very little effort. And lastly at 7:50, he rushed towards the hellgate and punches one of the frog demons in the face, which repels the rest of them backwards due to the force of the punch.​
Further analyzing Nero's strength, OBD (OutskirtsBattleDome) lists Nero's physical striking strength around Class M.​
Class M = (10^6 - 10^9 kg) or The mass of the largest ship, small pyramids.
Nero's speed is also placed as Supersonic+ since he is able to dodge bullets fairly easily. (dodged them when he was fighting Dante point blank with ease).​
He can also fire sword blasts from Yamato in order to create large holes in fairly durable walls.​
Now for Dante​
Parts of the sections where Dante has to pull/destroy objects that gets in his way. As well as this, he has a pretty high tolerance for bullet fire since he doesn't seem to be injured by them even though he's taking direct hits.​
Parts of the fight where Dante pulls the succubus several times while using Demon Pull.​
20:02 specifically where he parries Hunter's lunging swing and tosses him to the other side of the hallway.​
I'll be honest, these are the main videos where I can estimate Dante's true strength since he doesn't do much in terms of displaying his power during the cutscenes. At best, his strength level is just around large building level, if not that, probably around small building level.​
Seeing how Dante fights like a brawler, his style mainly focuses on strength rather than anything else. And even though he's half angel/half demon, this doesn't take away the fact that he's still mortal, just like Nero. The only advantage that this Dante has is that he has low level regeneration in his base form. (which Nero has within his D.T. form) And even within Dante's D.T. form, it seems as if Mundus was only stopped for a brief amount of time before he pulled out his main eye within the boss fight. His D.T. is not nearly as potent as DMC3 Dante's Quicksilver.​
And there's my reasons on why I think Nero can beat Dante. He's has far more destructive capabilities than Dante and he's faster than him. (I haven't seen DmC Dante move at bullet speed at all within any cutscenes. If there's cutscenes showing this, please correct me.) And again, this is just me judging from the cutscenes alone and not gameplay since mechanics can be kinda broken (RoyalGuarding for example).​
I understand where your coming from. I mean at this point in time Nero probably just maybe be Dante but in the long run i believe Dante would win. If Nero and Dante was to be at there full potential (Dante mastering demon and angel fully and Nero master devil bringer fully.) I think Dante would win. Its just the fact that Dante has more of an advantage because hes not human at all. Like i said Nero is my dude. DMC4 was the first DMC i ever played. Its just a hard decision to say who really is stronger. DmC Dante fought scrubs mostly while Nero fought Berial a complete beast.

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
I think if current end game Nero fought current end game DmC Dante Nero would barely win if it were a perfect world(Like the odds are 55% to 45% chance of winning). Thats just my opinion.

EvilX-81

When did Nero dodge bullets? I'm drawing a blank on that one. I remember Dante dodging several of Nero's shots...

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Where do you people get that having a human side is a disadvantage for nero at all? Did he EVER showed any limits for being human? as far as we know, he is in the process of turning into a full demon just like DmC Dante was, and by the time DMC4 ends, Nero has full control over his devil bringer.

The reason I believe he would eventually loose to Dante is mainly because Dante has more versatility with multiple weapons. And just like old Dante, he is a natural, being able use any weapon to its full potential with absolutely no training.
The trailer scene shows further that Dante has at least the same level of reflexes and agility of old Dante and Nero.

Nessy

using the whole "Dante is part Demon, part Angel" is a stupid argument for two reasons:

Firstly, we don't even know the origins of Nero.
Secondly it is basically just a title, it's like me saying that Marvel Comic's Thor could defeat Dormammu because Thor is a "God", while Dormammu is a "Demon". It's not relevant. A demon/angel in one lore is not going to be the same power as in another lore.

I have completed both DMC4 and DmC absolutely, however I haven't bothered to watch all of DmC's cutscenes, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Firstly, Nero has regeneration, just like old Dante. He gets impaled by something that would kill any human, and survives. I know of any evidence showing that new Dante has this.

Nero is incredibly strong, his devil bringer crushes the face of the "Saviour". I don't think Dante has any feats of strength that great.

Nero is able to go toe to toe with old Dante, and even though he is clearly displayed as being lesser, was able to damage him and compete with him on a swordsman level. I don't think anyone here is going to argue with the feats that Dante has from DMC 1, 2 and 4, versus Dante from DmC.

I could look at it from a gameplay perspective as well, but I'm assuming that the arguments have to be taken from the cutscenes, since in gameplay anything can happen.

Also I'd like to mention that Nero only has 65% of a game's worth of feats, while Dante has 100% of a game's worth.

ChaserTech

When did Nero dodge bullets? I'm drawing a blank on that one. I remember Dante dodging several of Nero's shots...

Roughly around :11

Where do you people get that having a human side is a disadvantage for nero at all? Did he EVER showed any limits for being human? as far as we know, he is in the process of turning into a full demon just like DmC Dante was, and by the time DMC4 ends, Nero has full control over his devil bringer.

The reason I believe he would eventually loose to Dante is mainly because Dante has more versatility with multiple weapons. And just like old Dante, he is a natural, being able use any weapon to its full potential with absolutely no training.
The trailer scene shows further that Dante has at least the same level of reflexes and agility of old Dante and Nero.

The fact that when Dante fought Vergil, in DmC, he was pretty exhausted. Seeing how Vergil hasn't really shown his true strength but instead we were shown Vergil at his weakest moments, Vergil's true strength are kinda unknown. But what stuck out is that during the Mundus boss fight, Vergil calls out to Dante for help when Mundus was about to punch him. If he was actually strong enough, he would have just blocked it himself or moved out the way.

Also, turns out that Dante punched Mundus with Eryx, which caused him to stagger a bit before he throws Dante towards a building, knocking him unconscious (and out of his D.T. form) a bit before Vergil teleports and saves him from hitting the ground. But when Nero fought Dante, Dante let go of his arm, in which he flung towards a wall and crashed into it. The impact caused the wall to receive a crater within it. However Nero just recovers from the impact with no problem at all.

I know it seems like I'm taking things kinda seriously, but I'm merely saying why Nero would win over DmC Dante based on what both Nero and Dante displays in terms of combat potential during cutscenes.

using the whole "Dante is part Demon, part Angel" is a stupid argument for two reasons:

Firstly, we don't even know the origins of Nero.
Secondly it is basically just a title, it's like me saying that Marvel Comic's Thor could defeat Dormammu because Thor is a "God", while Dormammu is a "Demon". It's not relevant. A demon/angel in one lore is not going to be the same power as in another lore.

Agreed. Just because you have a "title", it doesn't mean that you're automatically stronger than someone else.

Firstly, Nero has regeneration, just like old Dante. He gets impaled by something that would kill any human, and survives. I know of any evidence showing that new Dante has this.

Nero doesn't seem to show any regeneration properties until he receives Yamato. He was stabbed in his Devil Bringer arm with Yamato (The only actual sword that could pierce Devil Bringer) by Sanctus, but his arm could have regenerative properties alone. Not sure on this.

Also Dante does have Regen properties. He displays it in the intro of DmC. Vergil has Regen properties as well.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can't actually see Nero beating Dante.:/

Not only because Dante's a demon angel hybrid, but because Dante has more experience then Nero has. Dante's been on the streets fighting demons his entire life with no training and no help. He's had to build up his power and has had to work for it.

Nero's been protected in Fortuna, trained by Credos, but hasn't really got out there and fight more tougher demons who won't slowly stroll to you before attacking.

Fo rme its just like this;
I can't see DmC Dante losing to Nero at all.

ChaserTech

I can't actually see Nero beating Dante.:/

Not only because Dante's a demon angel hybrid, but because Dante has more experience then Nero has. Dante's been on the streets fighting demons his entire life with no training and no help. He's had to build up his power and has had to work for it.

Stop with the Demon/Angel hybrid. For all we know, being part Angel does nothing in terms of power since Dante doesn't seem to harness this side at all, nor Vergil does as well. Vergil's Doppelganger does not count because it emits demonic energy, which Dante apparently feeds from when attacking it during the actual boss fight. (Kinda funny since Nero feeds off of Demonic energy/items as well).

Also, how exactly sure are you that Dante has more experience than Nero? Nero took on demons in DMC4 with no problem at all, as well as going toe-to-toe with Dante.

Nero's been protected in Fortuna, trained by Credos . . .

Who's to say that Nero didn't get his experience from just fighting demons? We don't know what he has done before his actual introduction. Nor do we know how he was trained. And even if he was trained, wouldn't that mean that he has more experience than Dante? Seeing how Dante never received actual training from anyone else other than fighting demons.

. . . but hasn't really got out there and fight more tougher demons who won't slowly stroll to you before attacking.

Echidna? Credo in his demonic form? Sanctus? They weren't slow as Berial, Dagon, and Agnus.

Also, need I remind you that all of Dante's bosses were either stationary or slow walking while Credo is shown moving across the stage at supersonic speeds when Nero fights him?

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
The fact that when Dante fought Vergil, in DmC, he was pretty exhausted. Seeing how Vergil hasn't really shown his true strength but instead we were shown Vergil at his weakest moments, Vergil's true strength are kinda unknown. But what stuck out is that during the Mundus boss fight, Vergil calls out to Dante for help when Mundus was about to punch him. If he was actually strong enough, he would have just blocked it himself or moved out the way.

Also, turns out that Dante punched Mundus with Eryx, which caused him to stagger a bit before he throws Dante towards a building, knocking him unconscious (and out of his D.T. form) a bit before Vergil teleports and saves him from hitting the ground. But when Nero fought Dante, Dante let go of his arm, in which he flung towards a wall and crashed into it. The impact caused the wall to receive a crater within it. However Nero just recovers from the impact with no problem at all.

I know it seems like I'm taking things kinda seriously, but I'm merely saying why Nero would win over DmC Dante based on what both Nero and Dante displays in terms of combat potential during cutscenes.

The only problem with that comparisson here is that we don't have means to mesure Mundus strenght in his "final" form. Is not just about hitting a wall, is about the force that throw you there in the first place.

In DMC4, Nero hits the wall basically by himself, and while the wall cracks, the impact itself is within his endurance to pain limits.
I'll give you that in terms of pure endurance, Nero (and old dante in that matter) are more resilient than Dante from DmC, but again, I'm talking about more than pure strenght and resistence here.

Onecrazymonkey1

I don't think that having a human side is a weakness. Remember classic Dante was half human and he was an unstoppable beast. As of right now I don't really feel that DmC Dante has acquired all his full potential (but neither did Nero). I'm sure if they do decide to continue with DmC Dante his character he will become quite a force to be reckoned with; it's just to soon for me to speculate and they're also in a different universe setting where I'm sure different rules apply......So yeah, I guess that means I'm undecided.

ChaserTech

The only problem with that comparisson here is that we don't have means to mesure Mundus strenght in his "final" form. Is not just about hitting a wall, is about the force that throw you there in the first place.

Which is my point. That's why I used it as a comparison.

The force is initially stronger since the force generated from the fallback was enough to severely damage the wall. While when DmC Dante hits the building, there's no apparent damage that occurs from the building. Just dust, despite having multiple window panes around the impact.

In DMC4, Nero hits the wall basically by himself, and while the wall cracks, the impact itself is within his endurance to pain limits.
I'll give you that in terms of pure endurance, Nero (and old dante in that matter) are more resilient than Dante from DmC, but again, I'm talking about more than pure strenght and resistence here.

Didn't I already covered this? I'm pretty sure I've covered how strong DmC Dante and Nero was based on cut-scenes. Nero is far more stronger than DmC Dante as well as having the same amount resistance to physical attacks, if not more. He gets stabbed twice in the torso (one with a lance, another with a giant broadsword) then quickly recovers from it by transforming into his D.T.'d state).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Stop with the Demon/Angel hybrid. For all we know, being part Angel does nothing in terms of power since Dante doesn't seem to harness this side at all, nor Vergil does as well. Vergil's Doppelganger does not count because it emits demonic energy, which Dante apparently feeds from when attacking it during the actual boss fight. (Kinda funny since Nero feeds off of Demonic energy/items as well).

Also, how exactly sure are you that Dante has more experience than Nero? Nero took on demons in DMC4 with no problem at all, as well as going toe-to-toe with Dante.

Who's to say that Nero didn't get his experience from just fighting demons? We don't know what he has done before his actual introduction. Nor do we know how he was trained. And even if he was trained, wouldn't that mean that he has more experience than Dante? Seeing how Dante never received actual training from anyone else other than fighting demons.

Echidna? Credo in his demonic form? Sanctus? They weren't slow as Berial, Dagon, and Agnus.

Also, need I remind you that all of Dante's bosses were either stationary or slow walking while Credo is shown moving across the stage at supersonic speeds when Nero fights him?

Well say what you will, but I still stand firm with what I said before

"I can't see DmC Dante losing to Nero."

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well you know how people say Old Dante could defeat Alucard, and people won't admit it or call them wrong?

Yeah, that's how I feel.

Even I have to call BS on that lol.

As a HUGE fan of both that has a good understanding of their powers I can't see no way Dante could beat Alucard.

Top Bottom