• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cutscene changes

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If you could remove or change a cutscene in DmC, which one would it be, why, and what would you do instead?

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
A few I can remember at the moment;

* Remove the sex scene between Lilith and Mundus. I don't really see the point in that.

* The scene showing the exchange of Lilith for Kat. I'd shorten it a bit, maybe by 8-10 secs. I understand it was suppose to express the tension, but it was long for it was trying to show.

* The same scene above in which Kat gets a bullet ending up wounded but not fatally. I mean, common, they were firing at each other in the form of a traingle-- Dante and Vergil being the apex while those guys being the base -- while Kat was in between, not properly crouched, and still came out untouched by any bullet.

* The first scene of Kat where she's met by nude Dante after knocking on his door. I mean who opens his door naked? I'd make him wear his pants or even a towel.

This is all I can think at the moment. I'll come back when I've found more.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I would remove any and all cinematics that appeared during gameplay (every moment the game panned into Dante's face or made a big deal of showing us an enemy we already seen before and many other examples) particularly the small moments but keep enemy introductions and boss cinematics......well yes I would keep the intrusive Vergil boss cinematics instead I would give Vergil 3 health bars shaving off one health bar will trigger the cinematic but make them a tad longer and each 3 segments Vergil gets harder and dishes a new set of attacks. It'll be like the 3 encounters of Vergil in DMC3 or Nelo Angelo but in one long fight.

I would also change Dante's dialogue during his encounter with Poison. Instead it would go something like...

Poison: You can't kill me! I'm over 1,200 hundred years old!
Dante: You don't look a day over 12,000.
Poison: F*ck You!
Dante: For someone so old you sure like a 12 year old.
Poison: That is it you f*cking brat! I'll crush you!
Dante: Alright! Lets get this date started!

Because "f*ck you" isn't a clever or witty comeback at all. It just devolved into a ****ing contest than a clever/humorous boss encounter.

I would remove any and all cinematics that appeared during gameplay (every moment the game panned into Dante's face or made a big deal of showing us an enemy we already seen before and many other examples) particularly the small moments but keep enemy introductions and boss cinematics......well yes I would keep the intrusive Vergil boss cinematics instead I would give Vergil 3 health bars shaving off one health bar will trigger the cinematic but make them a tad longer and each 3 segments Vergil gets harder and dishes a new set of attacks. It'll be like the 3 encounters of Vergil in DMC3 or Nelo Angelo but in one long fight.

I would also change Dante's dialogue during his encounter with Poison. Instead it would go something like...

Poison: You can't kill me! I'm over 1,200 hundred years old!
Dante: You don't look a day over 12,000.
Poison: F*ck You!
Dante: For someone so old you sure like a 12 year old.
Poison: That is it you f*cking brat! I'll crush you!
Dante: Alright! Lets get this date started!

Because "f*ck you" isn't a clever or witty comeback at all. It just devolved into a ******* contest than a clever/humorous boss encounter.

Already fixed Vergil, if only most of you could play on PC.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Already fixed Vergil, if only most of you could play on PC.

Well I can't afford to create a gaming PC or have the time or idea how to get into PC gaming.........yet...nor my own computer to do so. Its not that simple.

So I play console games so therefore I expect any game on console to be the best it could be and not suffer from weak game design philosophies. What you do to DmC on PC won't change how I play the game or how it is on the platform I play it on.

Dragn8er

I would have the Trade cutscene prerendered because, at least on the 360, has awful texture loading issues. Seeing Dante with half loaded textures was kinda like those close up shots of characters faces with half loaded textures in Mass Effect 1 all over again.

Also I'd get rid of the sex scenes.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Hmmmm...
----

Vergil: Yes, free from the demons. The path is clear for us to rule...me some chicken wings. Am I the only here who's starving?
Dante: Like **** you're not. I haven't eaten anything since the start of the game!
Kat: I haven't pee'd in 5 days! :'(
Dante: Or changed our clothes, we all stink as bad as Suckyopuss-Succubus! >_<
Kat: And your subtle chatup lines are getting just as foul =_=
Dante: Cut me some slack, I don't hang around the friendship zone with chicks often.
Kat: When have you ever 'hung around' with a chick in the friendship zone?
Dante:...when I was nine?
Kat: In your adult life -___-
Dante: Oh...I'll, I'll get back to you on that.
Kat: You womanizing-
Vergil: Children children! if you're both done arguing with each other like schoolgirls high on cocaine, then I propose we make plans to resolve all our problems in a mature and professional regime. What do you say?
Dante:...Fine.
Kat: -.- okay
Vergil: Well then, off to Disneyland it is then! :w00t:
Dante/Kat: Yaaaaay!

[The End]

You realize this thread is just begging for insanity right?

aoshi

There are lots of parts i would have loved to edit myself but these are a couple that i would have changed for the better,

1)Remove that silly wig joke.

2)Vergil- Eva conversation in downfall...
The way i would have preferred....
Vergil : I killed dante....
Eva: Why????
Vergil: He killed me. Its only fair i return the favor.
And the scene can continue as scripted.
I jus don't think vergil had insecurity issues.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I change the scenes where Dante meets Vergil, but Verg' keeps his mask on in mystery. After gaining his memories of where he comes from, he senses Vergil behind the mask and he takes it off revealing himself from the dark.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hmmmm...
----

Vergil: Yes, free from the demons. The path is clear for us to rule...me some chicken wings. Am I the only here who's starving?
Dante: Like **** you're not. I haven't eaten anything since the start of the game!
Kat: I haven't pee'd in 5 days! :'(
Dante: Or changed our clothes, we all stink as bad as Suckyopuss-Succubus! >_<
Kat: And your subtle chatup lines are getting just as foul =_=
Dante: Cut me some slack, I don't hang around the friendship zone with chicks often.
Kat: When have you ever 'hung around' with a chick in the friendship zone?
Dante:...when I was nine?
Kat: In your adult life -___-
Dante: Oh...I'll, I'll get back to you on that.
Kat: You womanizing-
Vergil: Children children! if you're both done arguing with each other like schoolgirls high on cocaine, then I propose we make plans to resolve all our problems in a mature and professional regime. What do you say?
Dante:...Fine.
Kat: -.- okay
Vergil: Well then, off to Disneyland it is then! :w00t:
Dante/Kat: Yaaaaay!

[The End]

You realize this thread is just begging for insanity right?

I LOL'ED SO HARD AT THIS AHAHHAHAHAH

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
also was the sex scene really that bad in taste?

It was like.................watching a disfigured cow ram a blow up sex doll, a blow up sex doll stuffed with mashed potatoes (now I'm hungry).

Not only was it unexpected, crudely timed, but executed to the point of being laughable if you aren't disgusted, and played no relevance at all and even brings in some questionable aspects (such as the mo-cap being off).

It looked more like dry humping for how can they do it with their clothes on (I didn't see Lilith pull her skirt down and Mundus zip up his pants so they were doing it with their clothes on already a big WTF).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It was like.................watching a disfigured cow ram a blow up sex doll, a blow up sex doll stuffed with mashed potatoes (now I'm hungry).

Not only was it unexpected, crudely timed, but executed to the point of being laughable if you aren't disgusted, and played no relevance at all and even brings in some questionable aspects (such as the mo-cap being off).

It looked more like dry humping for how can they do it with their clothes on (I didn't see Lilith pull her skirt down and Mundus zip up his pants so they were doing it with their clothes on already a big WTF).
'
It was that badly done????? lol wow thats like idk ps1, ps2 bad and thats bad lol ever play a game called darkwatch for the original xbxo?(if not look it up on youtube darkwatch xbox sex scene) even that was better done lol

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
They had the quickest quicke in the history of quick sex?:lol: He could have just undone his fly/zipper and all she needed to do was bend over...she's wearing a thong, so, not like there's much to get out of the way.>_<

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
They had the quickest quicke in the history of quick sex?:lol: He could have just undone his fly/zipper and all she needed to do was bend over...she's wearing a thong, so, not like there's much to get out of the way.>_<

LOL i feel bad for her

Top Bottom