• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Contents about the people behind the characters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Here I will post interesting stuff about the actors who portrayed the characters we all know and love in DMC. Enjoy!
If course, if you find something too, share with us!

Here a piece of a panel show where you can see some footage of Reuben and Johnny Bosch during the mocap of some scenes from DMC4:
P.S: the panel show video is split in parts, the one I posted is part 1, check the other ones out ;)
P.P.S: is it just me or Reuben really looks like Christian Bale in this video?

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Check the Devil May Cry 3 section for other content (I decided to open this thread to include stuff about the whole DMC series, not only DMC3)!

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Here is the always awesome Shakespeare parody from DMC4, in split screen (motion capture and actual game)!
And to think that Reuben had to do an audition to play Dante again... why, Capcom? Reuben is the perfect Dante! And this is the proof, look what a good job he did ;)
that's the most glorious ****ing thing I've ever seen. It's a shame facial capture wasn't really a thing back then, because reuben's faces are so much better than what they ended up pasting on dante for those scenes

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In anticipation for DMC4 Special Edition featuring Vergil, I'll post some Vergil related stuff.
Here the mocap session for the beginnig of his final fight against Dante in DMC3, from Reuben Langdon's channel:

Here the final showdown itself, starting from 2:03:

This is the opening sequence for Vergil (I don't know why the fight doesn't come with the mocap screen as well):

This is the fight for Vergil's opening sequence Dan shot in America when Capcom called him and Reuben for the making of DMC3 SE. On a curiosity note, for those who don't know, this fighting was directed by Reuben himself, though the material was edited by Capcom later (that's why you may not recognize some of the moves Dan performs here):

berto

I Saw the Devil
Make it into a MP3 & upload it to Tumblr or Youtube
Tumblr won't host anything bigger than 10 mg and I don't want to go through the YouTube process. I'll just google another way.

Try This:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1CrGunfEye9
(Same warning as the link. Adult language and content)

EDIT:
Here's more from the actor Drew Coombs: http://etmltd.com/male/drewcoombs/
It seems he does a lot of commercial voice work for TV. I might've been listening to Dante selling me shaving cream without knowing it this whole time!

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Did you know that...

...Reuben Langdon, famous for playing Dante in the original saga, is actually nothing like him in public, despite some people's belief? He's usually calm and formal, but kind nonetheless.

...Dan Southworth, known for his role as Vergil in the original series, is actually nothing like the character he portrays either? In public, he's always playful and willing to joke and screw around.
His skill in stunts and playful nature earned him the nickname of Dan-gerous, given to him by Johnny Bosch (LOL).

...it was Johnny Bosch's idea to mock Agnus stuttering in his face?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actors. For the most part they rarely portray themselves in their roles. I took acting several times, all animators do, so it's not that weird to me.

It's cool to get to know the actors but I wish there was more.... steady materials. The videos don't sound too great and I wish they'd show the actual footage of their portfolios rather than a recording of the screen.

By the way, I've posted a bunch of stuff before about some of the actors, like that Johnny Yong Bosch music video and the youtube clip of him and Dan Southworth fighting in that movie they made. Does no one pay attention?

Top Bottom