• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Commented Gamescom 2012 Demo

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I just hope they won't upgrade the graphics any more or else my computer won't be able to run it smoothly.
The graphics are graphical achievement enough in my opinion.

scionicspectre

I think the hulk arms definitely fit the game's style better than any sort of metal weapon like Beowulf or Gilgamesh. They actually remind me most of Ifrit- without the kicks filling up the controls there will probably be more interesting ways to use them.

All in all, the control scheme seems minimalist- they found out what was important and optimized for it, rather than copying the old games. My hope is that it will feel easier to play, allowing the game to challenge your attention more than previous titles.

chocolatepanda

Demon and angel weapons are switched with right and left on the D-pad respectively... which is kinda cycling like in past games (except you also have Rebellion and the other mode's weapon to use at the same time) unless they only add two weapons for each mode. Meaning there will be a total of five weapons in the game, counting Rebellion.

Edit: After watching some more i think im completely wrong, if its really that way though would the Down of the D-pad be wasted?

N. Buffalo

Everyday is Tuesday with me!
How so the only thing in common with Trismagia is it too is a floating head....nightmare???

I found it similar to the Trismagius fight because you fight a giant floating head on a round platform with a trippy background. My memory of DMC 2 is foggy but I think Trismagius had similar attacks to this boss.

Nightmare was that blob-like boss from DMC 1 where you had to hit these switches in order to expose Nightmare's core, the only part of it that could be hurt. The Raptor News boss kind of has the same idea where you see Dante hit these switches on the ground and it looks like it hurts it or leaves it open to attack.
Also, Nightmare had this ability to absorb you into itself and the only way to escape is to kill all the enemies in the room with you. The Raptor News boss does the same thing, when Dante went inside of it's eye and fought those enemies and escaped after he killed them all.
Plus Nightmare, this boss, and Trismagius (I'm not sure about this, though, my memory isn't very good) have a giant beam attack.

I apologize for the long reply. :)

Top Bottom