• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Combat ideas for DmC2

AcidX_Y

By better I mean better flowing, when ever i use the ophion lift it just seems like the animation is a little slow. Nothing fundamentally ground breaking.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Fine; but by that line of logic, I'll have to say that DMC3 & 4 Dante's trickster would've been better off had he landed on the ground after teleporting (like Vergil) instead of ending up in midair (slightly above his enemy's location).

Random Note: Dante's Air Trick should've been just the circle button alone like Vergil's was. It would have made combat better (for my own personal taste anyway) imo.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I don't know if any of you guys play DmC on the PC, but for me, it's definitely the best version. Plus, you can install this lovely mod that increases the speed. I love playing with 15% increased speed on SOS. De-li-cious. I'm having a good time.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
you don't know nothin' about no combat. DmC isn't technical and you're just gonna have to deal with it.
:banghead:
I'm getting tired of this whole, 'anyone who wants the game to up the difficulty is just mad because it is harder in the originals' theory.
Yes, I'm mad because the difficulty played a big role in making the combat of the originals fun.
Looks like I'm gonna repeat my reasoning behind DMC3 being my favorite AGAIN, to defend an opinion I've explained multiple times.
While I don't feel like getting a good combo in DMC3 was worthy of a trophy, it was satisfying because I DID have a chance of screwing up.
Unlike DMC4 and DmC, I was restricted to the point where I had to rely on what I chose. At the beginning of each level, I had to choose something along the lines of
"Okay, I can use Trickster to help me get around enemies and travel around the battlefield faster, or I could go with Swordmaster to give me more moves to chain into my combos. Rebellion, the shotgun, and E&I are must haves for any situation.
But should I use Nevan for heavy hitting, or Cerberus for speed?"
When DMC4 gave me all of that at once, chaining my combos became much easier to the point of no real strategic difficulty in the chaining itself. Throw in DmC giving me the ability to see which enemies are attacking, and I'm untouchable. The difficulty, and therefore, the satisfaction, decreases.

AcidX_Y

I'm getting tired of this whole, 'anyone who wants the game to up the difficulty is just mad because it is harder in the originals' theory.
Yes, I'm mad because the difficulty played a big role in making the combat of the originals fun.
Looks like I'm gonna repeat my reasoning behind DMC3 being my favorite AGAIN, to defend an opinion I've explained multiple times.
While I don't feel like getting a good combo in DMC3 was worthy of a trophy, it was satisfying because I DID have a chance of screwing up.
Unlike DMC4 and DmC, I was restricted to the point where I had to rely on what I chose. At the beginning of each level, I had to choose something along the lines of
"Okay, I can use Trickster to help me get around enemies and travel around the battlefield faster, or I could go with Swordmaster to give me more moves to chain into my combos. Rebellion, the shotgun, and E&I are must haves for any situation.
When DMC4 gave me all of that at once, chaining my combos became much easier to the point of no real strategic difficulty in the chaining itself. Throw in DmC giving me the ability to see which enemies are attacking, and I'm untouchable. The difficulty, and therefore, the satisfaction, decreases.
Your complaining because they gave you more tools, tools which you can choose not to use.

Exejpgwmv

I get where your coming from, but you shouldn't increase difficulty via limiting the player or by making it so we would have to be borderline clairvoyant to avoid certain attacks.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Whelp, I kept holding off on posting till I had the time to sit down and think; now it’s a week later. :dead:

First off, bring back Lock-On and Taunt. Those that want it, get it; those that don’t won’t lose anything with its inclusion.

Continue building on the established Nephilim System. One way is with further style integration, such as adding more elements of Trickster into Angel Mode and Gunslinger for Human Mode.

Add more moves by Adding inputs such as Back-Forward, 360’, and a Second “Special” input (Melee + Launcher.)

Heck, Forward-Forward still has more room to use. Just as a quick example:
(While in Human Mode W/Rebellion and E&I)
(Hold) Charge + Forward-Forward: Round Trip/Sword Pierce
Forward-Forward + Launcher: Prop-Shredder
Forward-Forward + Gun: Two-Some Time
Forward-Forward + Gun Special: Honeycomb Fire​
On top of that; Gun Special was never used in Angel/Demon Modes, which could make a pseudo “Style” button for said modes.

Adding older mechanics like Crazy Moves (Which would go hand with Delay Move System) and Wall running (Not just for combat; Wall Running would be a great addition in platforming segments).

Dodge Offset could be an interesting addition, as well as turning the Angel Pull-Cancel Glitch into a real mechanic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom