• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Combat ideas for DmC2

Elijah Guerrero

Say if Ninja Theory gets the green light to do DmC2, what should they add to make the combat more 'in-depth'? Like for Ophion (the whip/ Dante's version of the Devil Bringer), to have its own special attacks for the many enemies and different variations depending if angel or demon mode is used on said demon.

what would you guys like to see?

Exejpgwmv

1)Add more pause combos, weapons, charge shot effects, and more directional input combinations.
2)Make the DT like the originals.
3)Give weapons DT specific moves.

That's basically all I want, they've already nailed the "feel" of the combat for me.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I disagree with the dt-specific moves. Let them be all available in both forms like in DMC3.

But I would also like faster combat and higher difficulty.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
1)Add more pause combos, weapons, charge shot effects, and more directional input combinations.
2)Make the DT like the originals.

Pretty much these two. There's a helluva lot of potential for more skills and inputs, and the DT being a power amp is much better for Devil May Cry-like games.

Not sure that there should be special moves specifically for DT though. At most, it should be like DMC4 that gave different properties to moves, like how Stinger gained a piercing effect.

I would like to have the Ophion be used for grabbing and throwing environmental objects as well, like it was shown to do in the DmC 2010 trailer where Dante whipped a car at some Stygians.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-Allow for more environmental input when it comes to combat. Like in the reveal trailer when Dante threw the car at the demons.

-Make Devil Trigger more like the original with it not blasting enemies in the air with a time freeze but a power and speed boost that offers up its own pause combos and attacks with it also not draining so fast.

-Allow the player to strip weapons from enemies to perform crushing finishers. For example, fighting a demon with a scyth and countering at the right time will allow an opening to hit a button stripping the enemy of his weapon which you can use as either a projectile or for one massive finishing blow.

-Incorporate the parkour like moments from DMC 2 that had Dante running up walls and stuff.

-Add more of the gunslinger style moves like the one where he rides demons like a surf board only also let the player jump off that demon to let them slide in to others like a bowling ball to pins.

-And a wider variety of guns and get a little wacky with them. Make up guns if you have to. Possibly even let players dual wield two different types of guns and different shoulder buttons control the specific triggers.

-A weapons crafting system. Upgrade and customize weapons and guns to create Dante's own personal arsenal which can even go out in to more of a loadout thing before missions. Kinda like how you picked styles before each mission however, no styles. Keep the hybrid combat systems. The crafting and loadouts will just put variations on the one combat system. So you will still have all your toys but, mixing it up with your own personal touch to it all.

-A combo creating and sharing tutorial mode. Games are moving in a more social direction and while I say no multiplayer simply putting in the inevitable combo videos and tutorials in to the main game just for that community seems like a very convenient and natural decisions.

-New weapons, preferably the addition of an actual whip or what TwoX put in his fan fic, a kusarigama or things like duel wielding sai blades and a spear.

-Grappling moves. Just a quick grapple button to possible toss some enemies around or even depending on the direction you pull it in, can be like Dante hoping over the enemy to get behind and break his neck.

-Bullet time. Let me explain, you can have a meter that allows you for a little bit to slow down time and focus your shots to then let go in real time to a spectacle of a glorious barrage of bullets Dante style. You can get more immersed in the gunplay as yo pick how you shoot them. Anyone play Stranglehold? Something like those special bullet time maneuvers.

-A mission creator mode. Test all your skills in a mission creator mode that lets you as the player plant demons and other challenges in missions for others to complete. It would extend DMC's replayability even more and also, let them customize their own personal Bloody Palace towers. You want to create the most brutal and unforgiving boss fight galore Bloody Palace? Do it. See who survives.

I know I talked more about features in general than just combat but, I believe the ideas are pretty sweet.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I want my Wild Stomp and Free Ride back :c I wouldn't mind something akin to Twosome Time, either, maybe a Back+Forward+Gun Special motion, so it would look similar to what Dante did in the 2010 trailer. Man...there were some good ideas in that trailer :p

Or, place Twosome Time on Gun Special on the ground, and just make Inverse Rainstorm a Spin+Gun Special input, like they did in Bayonetta with the Bullet Climax. Or vice versa, with Twosome Time on the spin input a la Bullet Climax.

I'd also like for a return of the Crazy Combo system, as it was another nice way to add more depth to the combos, being the complete opposite of the Pause system.

Oh, and just for the sake of options, the ability to turn access to certain weapons or skills on or off. I'd certainly like to not have Kablooey in my arsenal sometimes, since I never really use it.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Higher difficulty. I understand DmC was supposed to get new people in the games but it's done its part already.

An actual Devil Trigger form. Not some modified Quicksilver style.

Ebony and Ivory were pretty weak in DmC. Give them more power! Not DMC2 power, but just power!

Get rid of the tedious color coded enemies.

Let the Ophions have a part in combat besides pulling enemies. Probably a chain whip? Or pulling enemies' body parts apart as a finisher move? They did make a Mortal Kombat reference with those, so there's no harm.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh yeah! I just remembered another thing shown in a video, in DmC's credits, it was from an in-the-works video they showed off, where Dante stabbed a downed demon, picked him up on the end of Rebellion, and them peppered its face with Ebony/Ivory.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Make the evade a bit harder to do, or allow enemies to attack from off screen, that was the part that really made DmC too easy compared to it's predecessors.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I don't know enough about the originals to talk in-depth about combat, but I'd also like faster combat. And optional enemy lock on. I'd like it to be available when necessary. But I don't know how it'd work when I'm trying to do some crowd control, so that's why I'd love it to be optional.

I personally liked evading in DmC but maybe it's because I'm a bit of a lazy person. They could make it less obvious that enemies are going to attack though.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
more moves fr all weapons especially rebellion, more angel powers for dante mostly teleports and double dashes ,new devil arms and guns obviously with dt specific moves and a proper demon form and faster gameplay for console aswell as more enemies on screen and tougher bosses , new gunslinger moves and wall hike

gimme that and i will play for a stupid amount of time

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Make the evade a bit harder to do

Why should evasion be harder to do...? How is making any function harder to do seen as a good thing in any possible way?

They could make it less obvious that enemies are going to attack though.

Oh yes! This. Some of the earlier stygian's have really big broadcast times. Either shorten them altogether, or make the broadcast times shorter the higher the difficulty.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Why should evasion be harder to do...? How is making any function harder to do seen as a good thing in any possible way?
Because the evade was pretty much OP. Since I could see every enemy who was able to attack, it was pretty easy to just jump out of the way whenever I wanted. Factor in angel and demon dodge, and evade became an easy way to make the enemies your bitches.

Exejpgwmv

Because the evade was pretty much OP. Since I could see every enemy who was able to attack, it was pretty easy to just jump out of the way whenever I wanted. Factor in angel and demon dodge, and evade became an easy way to make the enemies your bitches.
Then don't impede the player, just make the enemies attacks faster, less telegraphed, and more diverse.
There's no need to p!ss off players with a sh!tty dodge.

I like the evasion as it is. There is a difference between a perfect evade and a standard evade. DmC is about styling and the evade system is set up in a way so that it flows with combat rather than becomes the standard, okay time to go into dodge attacks mode, roll roll, okay now attack.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There is a difference between a perfect evade and a standard evade. DmC is about styling and the evade system is set up in a way so that it flows with combat rather than becomes the standard, okay time to go into dodge attacks mode, roll roll, okay now attack.
you don't know nothin' about no combat. DmC isn't technical and you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Top Bottom