• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Combat ideas for DmC2

AcidX_Y

More weapons for Virgil like a ranged weapon similar to a glaive. An aerial slash dash.
Just frame moves for Dante. More throws with ophion lift/pull, aerial and grounded. Option to choose between certain moves like having killer b or stomp with Dante and switching ophion lift to teleport.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
be cool if they expand angel dash and with dt give you 3 teleport dashes in any direction , also using the whip to pull cars and the environment and throw it at enemies would also be cool but other than that just give the existing weapons new moves and get new weapons that you can choose from a certain amount before the mission to cycle through

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think that that might be splitting hairs a little. Angel Lift gets the job done, in my humble opinion.
be cool if they expand angel dash and with dt give you 3 teleport dashes in any direction
Would you mind digging up a vid for me where they use the three trickster dashes a lot? I would like to see some practical use of it in combat.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think that would go too far, as Vergil's Trick Up and Trick Down were from his Dark Slayer style in 3.
That reminds me: I think Dante needs a trick down... unless helm breaker can be canceled at the last possible second (without jump-canceling) to create a similar effect of course.

AcidX_Y

I think that would go too far, as Vergil's Trick Up and Trick Down were from his Dark Slayer style in 3.
I'm not talking about trick up or trick down... Vergils equivalent of ophion lift is quicker and flows more and i think they should replace Dante's with that. He should teleport to them instead of pull to them.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe a vertical version of angel evade.
Close enough; I'll take it.
I'm not talking about trick up or trick down... Vergils equivalent of ophion lift is quicker and flows more and i think they should replace Dante's with that. He should teleport to them instead of pull to them.
Like DMC3, Vergil's darkslayer was "technically" better than Dante's because it was "faster".

If Dante in either DMC3 or DmC had Vergil's DS moves, then there wouldn't be any difference between them; the "Dante DS" moves would, in my honest opinion, make for "less balanced" gameplay.

AcidX_Y

Close enough; I'll take it.

Like DMC3, Vergil's darkslayer was "technically" better than Dante's because it was "faster".

If Dante in either DMC3 or DmC had Vergil's DS moves, then there wouldn't be any difference between them; the "Dante DS" moves would, in my honest opinion, make for "less balanced" gameplay.
But this isn't a whole move-set, it's one move.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But this isn't a whole move-set, it's one move.
Ok, this is just my opinion here:

Nintendo removed the "Dash Wave" glitch that was in Smash Bros. Melee by omitting it in Brawl. One move really can make all the difference when it comes to balance -- even in a non-competitive single player game.

AcidX_Y

Ok, this is just my opinion here:

Nintendo removed the "Dash Wave" glitch that was in Smash Bros. Melee by omitting it in Brawl. One move really can make all the difference when it comes to balance -- even in a non-competitive single player game.
This is a single player game and if anything it would make the character harder and more rewarding to use since Vergils equivalent of ophion lift doesn't stop gravity for the character.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, I honestly don't think that this is the only way to make the character "more difficult" (therefore, make for more "challenging" gameplay) to control, but if you think that this the best way to go about it, then we'll just have to accept that Vergil is the "deeper challenge" here until they actually apply it to Dante in a sequel.

AcidX_Y

I wasn't trying to make him more difficult, I just think that it would open up better combo possibilities.

Top Bottom