• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Characters you can't stand

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Are there any characters in fiction that, even though you know they aren't real, fill you with rage and/or hatred?

I have 5

5: Sasuke from Naruto. An arrogant douchebag with more fans, bullshit powers, and the ability to switch sides more than my ex switched clothes.

4. Gambino, Guts' adoptive father. He, and I can't stress this enough, KNOWINGLY sold his kid to a child molester for three silver coins and then tried to kill him.

3. Gendo, the emotionally abusive asshole father of...

2. Shinji Ikari, emo extraordinaire.

1. Griffith. My reason for Griffith is as follows. Here's a normal person's line of thinking in his situation.
"Hey, my dream is dead, but most of my people still want to be around me. Kinda sucks Guts is leaving but oh well. Now I can live in peace."

Here's Griffith's line of thinking. "Hey, Gut's is leaving, and Caska loves him, but is staying with me. In revenge, I'm gonna summon a bunch of unearthly demons, slaughter everyone close to me besides those two, and rape Caska in front of Guts while looking at him the whole time. Yeah, that's reasonable revenge." Freaking psychopath.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just One.....

Bella Swan from Twilight::mad:I can't stand her!

She can't save herself and relies on Edward too much. She's in love with a Edward who nevermind being centuries older than her, he says repeatedly that he could kill her. That just screams stupid and father issues to me.

She has two guys fighting over her for no apparent reason. She gets married after highschool....and her reward is having a vampire family and she will be happy forever and ever. Yeah, like anyone could be happy with and eternity trapped with the same people while all human friends will die. And what about when her child grows up and hates her for making her into whatever she is?>_<

Bella's just got totally unrealistic expectations of life, thinks of romance like a child does; she's Mary Sue, and a bad role model to girls and women.

It's almost like Bella Swan is who the author wishes she could be, and is using Bella to act out a fantasy life she wishes she could have had as a teenager.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Just One.....

Bella Swan from Twilight::mad:I can't stand her!

She can't save herself and relies on Edward too much. She's in love with a Edward who nevermind being centuries older than her, he says repeatedly that he could kill her. That just screams stupid and father issues to me.

She has two guys fighting over her for no apparent reason. She gets married after highschool....and her reward is having a vampire family and she will be happy forever and ever. Yeah, like anyone could be happy with and eternity trapped with the same people while all human friends will die. And what about when her child grows up and hates her for making her into whatever she is?>_<

Bella's just got totally unrealistic expectations of life, thinks of romance like a child does; she's Mary Sue, and a bad role model to girls and women.

It's almost like Bella Swan is who the author wishes she could be, and is using Bella to act out a fantasy life she wishes she could have had as a teenager.
You know, I just avoid Twilight like the plague because it's just absolutely awful. I refuse to watch any of those movies because I just know they are terrible. A long time ago someone let me borrow a copy of the first book so I can see for myself what the big fuss was about.

I don't get it. The story is seriously just awful and Stephanie Meyer herself is just a terrible writer. I know that I'm not the demographic she's writing for. I'm an avid reader but I would prefer reading from authors like Stephen King. But she seriously is just not a good writer. She doesn't deserve the attention she gets. J.K. Rowling writes for the teenage section but the difference is, J.K. Rowling is actually talented and knows how to write. Stephanie Meyer should take some classes or something. Better yet, stop writing completely so these terrible overrated stories supported by an idiotic fanbase wouldn't stick around.

And Twilight is something that should be destroyed. Twilight fanfictions gave birth to stories like 50 Shades Of Gray.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Disney's Cinderella. Yeah, I know it's stupid, but I can't stand her. She is the epitome of the female character who does NOTHING to change her position. Like, nothing. She is mistreated by her step mother and sisters, and what is her reaction? Sighing, at best. And waiting for the little mices to save her. :/
I have been told that her merit is to be good in spirit, and thus she is rewarded in the end because of this.
But the truth is, I don't think that good comes if you wait for it to happen. Good things come if you try to make them happen. The world does not change if you do nothing to change it, so people who just stand there and sigh, waiting for their reward coming on the wings of a miracle simply irritate me. I can't help it, sorry.
I remember that scene, when she realizes she is not going to have time to prepare her dress fo the ball, and the only thing she does is going to her bedroom window, watch the palace and sigh "Oh, how I wanted to go...". That scene irritates me to no end.

As for Bella.... I just simpy ignore her. Don't even want to go down there.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
- Misa Amane from Death note! The official most hyper, irritating, childish, whimsical and stupid character in anime ever. She gets them all killed and lives at the end too. -.- I just wanna punch her in the face...
- The sergeant from Avatar (James Cameron movie,) because he is just plain evil and inflexible, he won't listen to or understand anyone; when they disobey he just tries to kill them for some irrational reason... He also refuses to accept that he needs to show compassion.
I'll think of some more later...

TerrorA

- Misa Amane from Death note! The official most hyper, irritating, childish, whimsical and stupid character in anime ever. She gets them all killed and lives at the end too. -.- I just wanna punch her in the face...
Technically, Light got himself killed by being, you know, insane.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
Technically, Light got himself killed by being, you know, insane.
I know, but she was the reason that shinigami commited suicide, and also the reason Rem wrote L's name in the Death Note, if indirectly... I think things would have been better without her screwing stuff up like a little kid poking a spiderweb:/

TerrorA

I know, but she was the reason that shinigami commited suicide, and also the reason Rem wrote L's name in the Death Note, if indirectly... I think things would have been better without her screwing stuff up like a little kid poking a spiderweb:/

True. Hope her and Light have fun...in HELL!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Disney's Cinderella. Yeah, I know it's stupid, but I can't stand her. She is the epitome of the female character who does NOTHING to change her position. Like, nothing. She is mistreated by her step mother and sisters, and what is her reaction? Sighing, at best. And waiting for the little mices to save her. :/
I have been told that her merit is to be good in spirit, and thus she is rewarded in the end because of this.
But the truth is, I don't think that good comes if you wait for it to happen. Good things come if you try to make them happen. The world does not change if you do nothing to change it, so people who just stand there and sigh, waiting for their reward coming on the wings of a miracle simply irritate me. I can't help it, sorry.
I remember that scene, when she realizes she is not going to have time to prepare her dress fo the ball, and the only thing she does is going to her bedroom window, watch the palace and sigh "Oh, how I wanted to go...". That scene irritates me to no end.

As for Bella.... I just simpy ignore her. Don't even want to go down there.
Heard this before lol. Ok, I'm going to play defense again for Disney Princesses because I like them and think they don't deserve the hatred they get.

I understand where you're coming from because Cinderella is often the biggest offender to the whole "let someone else save the day" argument. However, I think that it's not fair.

Cinderella isn't doing nothing. To be fair she's working her a$$ off. Don't anyone dare call Cinderella a slacker. And here's a fun fact.

Cinderella is WALT DISNEY'S favorite. He says that the reason why is because he felt like her.

I think what should be taken from Cinderella is that hard work and dedication can pay off. You're focusing on the fairy tale side but that's when you should remember these are FAIRY TALES.

Cinderella is Walt's favorite because he thinks hard work and kindness could result in to a virtuous reward. But what does the greatest entrepreneur and one of the most iconic people of all time like Walt Disney know pfft. He's a slacker. *sarcasm*

LysseC

Heard this before lol. Ok, I'm going to play defense again for Disney Princesses because I like them and think they don't deserve the hatred they get.

I understand where you're coming from because Cinderella is often the biggest offender to the whole "let someone else save the day" argument. However, I think that it's not fair.

Cinderella isn't doing nothing. To be fair she's working her a$$ off. Don't anyone dare call Cinderella a slacker. And here's a fun fact.

Cinderella is WALT DISNEY'S favorite. He says that the reason why is because he felt like her.

I think what should be taken from Cinderella is that hard work and dedication can pay off. You're focusing on the fairy tale side but that's when you should remember these are FAIRY TALES.

Cinderella is Walt's favorite because he thinks hard work and kindness could result in to a virtuous reward. But what does the greatest entrepreneur and one of the most iconic people of all time like Walt Disney know pfft. He's a slacker. *sarcasm*
That's what I have been told again and again when I criticize Cinderella.
And you're right in saying that she is doing something. It would be wrong to call her a slacker. She is working hard, but that's not what I meant when I said she is "doing nothing". I did not explain myself well, sorry.
What I meant is that she is doing nothing to change her situation. She is not trying to escape, she is not trying to put her family in place. She just accepts a clear injustice. That is what I don't like about her. I am one for reacting, or at least I try to. Maybe not openly, but neither simply waiting for a miracle to happen.
That's all.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That's what I have been told again and again when I criticize Cinderella.
And you're right in saying that she is doing something. It would be wrong to call her a slacker. She is working hard, but that's not what I meant when I said she is "doing nothing". I did not explain myself well, sorry.
What I meant is that she is doing nothing to change her situation. She is not trying to escape, she is not trying to put her family in place. She just accepts a clear injustice. That is what I don't like about her. I am one for reacting, or at least I try to. Maybe not openly, but neither simply waiting for a miracle to happen.
That's all.
Well, I don't think that the idea behind Cinderella's story is to present the concept of working to "change your situation." It's to show that hard work and kindness can result in a virtuous reward. You're viewing her change of lifestyle in the wrong light. Miracles can happen in fairy tales because that's exactly what they are, fairy tales. You're kind of implying that they aren't meaningful just because they are in this format where the impossible happens.

Cinderella is focused on on one message. That hard work and kindness can pay off. Cinderella accepting the injustice done to her just reinforces that message even more because after all the stuff she's done, someone finally recognized her for it and Cinderella earned this reward. And again, this was just a fairy tale way of delivering that message.

This is why it was Walt's favorite. Because he worked really hard before destiny gave him a chance and rewarded him for it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Of course Cinderella isn't fighting back but that's just because she wasn't that type of character. Cinderella could probably kill you with kindness. If you're looking for that headstrong independent female character there are quite a few Disney Princesses who came in to show off those ideals.

My favorite Disney movie off all time is Mulan.

LysseC

Well, I don't think that the idea behind Cinderella's story is to present the concept of working to "change your situation." It's to show that hard work and kindness can result in a virtuous reward. You're viewing her change of lifestyle in the wrong light. Miracles can happen in fairy tales because that's exactly what they are, fairy tales. You're kind of implying that they aren't meaningful just because they are in this format where the impossible happens.

Cinderella is focused on on one message. That hard work and kindness can pay off. Cinderella accepting the injustice done to her just reinforces that message even more because after all the stuff she's done, someone finally recognized her for it and Cinderella earned this reward. And again, this was just a fairy tale way of delivering that message.

This is why it was Walt's favorite. Because he worked really hard before destiny gave him a chance and rewarded him for it.
And you are right, that's the message... A message I believe in only to a certain extent. But, well,that's just me. I still can't stand characters like her. Since the question was about characters you can't stand, I gave my honest answer and tried to elaborate a little about why, but I am the first to admit that this is just a personal dislike that I do not surely intend to impose on others.

Btw, to be precise, she could get her reward because the prince fell in love with her because of her BEAUTY, not her hard work....yes, the mice helped her because they loved her for what she did, but the prince... He is another thing altogether...
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just a hater in this case, sorry. I really can't help it. I don't know why. Sorry, everyone.

Edit
Of course Cinderella isn't fighting back but that's just because she wasn't that type of character. Cinderella could probably kill you with kindness. If you're looking for that headstrong independent female character there are quite a few Disney Princesses who came in to show off those ideals.

My favorite Disney movie off all time is Mulan.
Heh, Mulan is certainly better. That's the kind of characters I love.
As I said, my hate for Cinderella vs my love for characters like Mulan is just a matter of personal preference.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Obito from Naruto - Just...ughhh..
Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online - Gary Stu and Mary Sue
Kira and Lacus from Gundam Seed Destiny - Again, both Gary stu and mary sue
Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny - This guy is so stupid that it hurts. He literally had a IQ same as a fruit bat.
Shinji Ikari from Evangelion - Just can't really stand this kid. He had a complex character but just can't stand him. His voice is one of the reasons especially in the Rebuild series.
Shadow the Hedgehog - The Ultimate Gary Stu i have ever known in my entire existence thus far.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And you are right, that's the message... A message I believe in only to a certain extent. But, well,that's just me. I still can't stand characters like her. Since the question was about characters you can't stand, I gave my honest answer and tried to elaborate a little about why, but I am the first to admit that this is just a personal dislike that I do not surely intend to impose on others.

Btw, to be precise, she could get her reward because the prince fell in love with her because of her BEAUTY, not her hard work....yes, the mice helped her because they loved her for what she did, but the prince... He is another thing altogether...
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just a hater in this case, sorry. I really can't help it. I don't know why. Sorry, everyone.
It's cool if you don't like Cinderella. I'm not trying to make you. I think these characters are worth defending though and I enjoy them.

I do hate however how the mainstream market uses the title of "Princess". That's a whole other rant though and I don't think I'm going to go in to that lol.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Ada Wong I can't stand her at all. In 2 she was fine I had no problem with her but after that though ugh. She does the same thing in every game she appears in, acts like bitch, helps leon then proceeds to stab him in the back,steals something, then in some way helps Leon out in the end because she has feeelings for him. I don't know maybe its because I like Leon with Claire but Ada just annoys me and Capcom always makes Leon have this attachment to Ada and justifies her actions. And its not because I hate her character either another character like that in Revelations (won't name who in case someone hasn't played the game) acts in a similar way and they are possibly my favorite villain ,who's not a tyrant, in the series and its not enough that capcom has to put Ada in everything Leon's in nowadays but they keep pushing them together as some on and off again couple. Ironic since at one point Leon and Claire were most likely going to be a couple. Since originally in Code Veronica Leon was going to Steve. I would if Ada got infected and she became I boss so I could let off all my steam maybe thats a bit harsh for the character but I can't honestly see how she's one of the most popular characters in the series.

Top Bottom