• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Change of Forum Software a-comin'

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi folks,

First off: Apologies for any errors; I'm writing this on a crappy 800x600 resolution as I've only just reformatted and currently re-installing all my junk.

With that said...

Chaos Master;302269 said:
Oh, awesome. :D Is Xenforo's price as expensive as VBulletin?
Nope, it's a little more affordable. I bought five licenses during a recent sale so managed to get 'em a little cheaper than normal.

The crazy demon;302274 said:
Great new!.

But i do have a question, what will happend to social groups?.
I'm not entirely sure if they will be ported over, to be honest. :(

cheezMcNASTY;302300 said:
if you'd like a preview of what it looks like, it's been on forums.projectego.net for quite some time.

reason it hasn't come here yet? the integration was clunky and anything but smooth. i think that if this place is getting the Xenforo treatment, many of the bugs and disaster that struck when projectego migrated over will not be showing themselves again.

EDIT: steve already mentioned that it's on the fable forum already D'OH!
oh well, that's why it's worth being his lover even if Angel someday finds out. ^_^
A fair point! The transition was messy as hell and really could have gone an awful lot better. That's not to say it was anyone's fault - even the XenForo support team were baffled as to why there were problems. I'd also like to point out that they ported over to beta software. The "stable" release of XenForo was made available today, and with the new release comes a much improved importer.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Steve;302303 said:
A fair point! The transition was messy as hell and really could have gone an awful lot better. That's not to say it was anyone's fault - even the XenForo support team were baffled as to why there were problems. I'd also like to point out that they ported over to beta software. The "stable" release of XenForo was made available today, and with the new release comes a much improved importer.

dude. you fast.
does that mean the issues with importing rep have been fixed?

EDIT: and do you like Cheez Astair? he's dancing for you darling.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Drakkar;302305 said:
a question: What will happen to our ranks?

ranks are still void on the other forum, so if they were to make a return i'd guess it wouldn't be immediate. they've more or less been replaced with a "trophy system" that functions much like achievements on Xbox Live or Trophies on Playstation Network.

Steve

Admin
Regarding the reputation: I don't believe that will be ported over, simply because XenForo uses its own "Like"-style, ala Facebook-stylee. Although, I could be wrong on the rep thing.

Regarding ranks: They will return but probably won't be there immediately just because you have to manually set 'em up. If they do get ported over then - yay!

Edit: ninja'd

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Vergil'sBitch;302302 said:
I have a question, will we have to rejoin or will our accounts be changed over too?

Thanks for the heads up... it should be really interesting :D

*cough:D*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So devilmaycry.org will still be the address to access the forum?
The answer is probably yes, but I just want confirmation so I don't lose track of the forum completely.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sBitch;302302 said:
I have a question, will we have to rejoin or will our accounts be changed over too?

Thanks for the heads up... it should be really interesting :D

You will log-in as normal, no need to re-register and post counts will remain.

Master Vergil;302319 said:
So devilmaycry.org will still be the address to access the forum?
The answer is probably yes, but I just want confirmation so I don't lose track of the forum completely.

The address will remain the same, sometimes there is a tidy up of the URL here and there but thats been done once already. So you dont have to worry about losing track of us.

Steve

Admin
aka958;302314 said:
So... VM's will still be accessible or will we have another system?
Visitor messages will more than likely be ported over, but, in the event of that not being possible, XenForo offers a very similar visitor messaging system as well.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
May I make a request?

Could the Social Groups be fixed before the change? Just so we have time to carry out work in Threads. Since there's been a lot of work put into some things, and it'd be a huge shame to see it just go when the change takes place.

Thanks.

Top Bottom