• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

cell phone and gas station

ok in every gas station we always see this sign

gas-station-cell-phone-sign.jpg

and when you ask them why? the tell you a story of how a cell phone can make a gas station explode. when i am in a gas station i see a lot of people use there cell phone like they are having a walk in the park.

so i began to wonder could a cell phone really do that? i have been thinking about this for a long time and today i got the answer to that question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJdaU92Ln8

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
if u go onto youtube like u did and type in brainiac carvan petrol station and watch the clip...... your answer will be there

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
What happened was, there was a gas station where there was a huge explosion caused by a spark, when they got some evidence on why it could have happened, they saw someone using their cell, and they blamed it on that, it could have had nothing to do with it, but its for safety, its more likely that it was nylon(did they use that in braniac) that caused it

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I watched an episode of mythbusters where they tested that but i'm pretty sure they disproved it. not sure tho i'll look into it.

Koemi

half-breed
*potentially* when you dial a number and press "send" on a cellphone, when the signal is initiating, there CAN be a spark but it's so insignificant that you won't use that as your cigarette lighter. Re-igniting your car engine after adding gas IMO is a bigger threat and yet I don't see all gas stations blow up by that :D

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
quiksilvershado;130242 said:
yep they used nylon in braniac. so most chavs are going to blow up petrol staions :lol:
We can but hope.....

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i guess that its sorta like those old laws, its no use having them anymore, but people cant be bothered to get rid of them (love the one where you can shoot a scot in york if he is carrying a bow and arrow, but you can only kill him with a bow and arrow)
But i live near a gas/petrol station, and i live by alot of chavs
not an explosion yet, but as angel said, we can but hope

Top Bottom