• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CAPCOM'S NEW GAME!

The Final Offer

I wrote it in caps because well...they're saying it's sure to turn heads overseas. This is from gamespot's article.

Resident Evil publisher Capcom has a new PlayStation 4 title in the works that will "turn heads," according to producer Jun Takeuchi. He teased the game in the latest issue of Famitsu (via Gematsu).

Takeuchi described the PS4 as an "incredible system," and one he's constantly learning new things about. Pressed to say if Capcom was working on any new PS4 titles, beyond those that have already been announced, Takeuchi said this is indeed the case.

"It's gonna be something that will even turn heads overseas" -- Takeuchi

"Of course," he said. "Right now, we're seeing how far we can push the game engine. You'll be surprised by the quality of the games we’re working on right now. I think we'll be able to announce it soon, so please look forward to it. I realize that’s obnoxious (laughs)."

He went on to say: "It's gonna be something that will even turn heads overseas."

One of Capcom's major new PS4 games is the free-to-play dungeon-crawler Deep Down. That game's producer, veteran Capcom designer Yoshinori Ono, is also working on a second PS4 title, according to Gematsu. It is possible that the game teased by Takeuchi is that game, though it's not confirmed.

During his time at Capcom, Takeuchi has worked on a number of franchises, including Onimusha, Lost Planet, and Resident Evil.

Let the speculation begin!

berto

I Saw the Devil
"It's gonna be something that will even turn heads overseas" -- Takeuchi

DmC2? Developed inhouse?

The reason it'd turn heads is because it's Onimusha. The fifth biggest selling Capcom franchise in 2008.
That sequence was choreographed by Donnie Yen.

How can you not love a game starring Jean Reno, Takeshi Kaneshiro, and choreographed by Donnie Yen. If I could squeal like this:
squeal.gif

I would.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I want it to be Onimusha, DMC5, or DmC2...but Capcom's never been really ventured outside of what the shareholders want...

...so, I'm expecting something like Lost Planet X Resident Evil: Co-Op Guns Blazing Hyper Turbo Edition. Because THAT'S what turns heads of those foolish Baka-Gaijin overseas! :shifty:

The Final Offer

I want it to be Onimusha, DMC5, or DmC2...but Capcom's never been really ventured outside of what the shareholders want...

...so, I'm expecting something like Lost Planet X Resident Evil: Co-Op Guns Blazing Hyper Turbo Edition. Because THAT'S what turns heads of those foolish Baka-Gaijin overseas! :shifty:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've a feeling it's not going to be anything we want right now. I.E., not a sequel to either DMC nor DmC despite DmC's clear sequel hook (DMC4 set one of those up too and Capcom don't give two ****s). Maybe over time it will be something that we will warm up to, but I have a feeling when it is announced that there will be a major ****storm. Because it's the internet.

The Final Offer

Better yet...what about SNK vs. Capcom 3?
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE *inhales* LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

"Hardly anyone in the general public ever recognizes Megaman anymore. Shareholders, amirite guys?"

Speaking of everyone, you guys should really give this game a whirl. It's my game of the year, I haven't yelled at my friends like that since Smash Melee. Also, it's pure fun with or without friends. So much content.

Customize Mii and Smash characters! Ganondorf's sword alt on his neutral special is great (I don't know what the third or the up, down, and tilt alts are.) Oh and...Captain Falcon has an alt for his neutral B that CHARGES THE FALCON PUNCH EVEN MORE!
Falcon_PUNCH_by_Coelasquid.jpg

Also F*** Little Mac's event stage on Hard. I beat it, just took me a while to get used to that damn armor.

Guilty Gear Xrd Demo is currently being downloaded! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!​

I've a feeling it's not going to be anything we want right now. I.E., not a sequel to either DMC nor DmC despite DmC's clear sequel hook (DMC4 set one of those up too and Capcom don't give two ****s). Maybe over time it will be something that we will warm up to, but I have a feeling when it is announced that there will be a major ****storm. Because it's the internet.

That signature....do my eyes deceive me...?

Because...hairy...*barfs*

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom