• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I wouldn't think so.He can pull any sort of cr4p.The other day he acted all surprised about BASARA having a huge male and normal female fanbase to support the series enough to be making games up until 2020 and the fact we love this series we even learn japanese history to see what became cooler and altered.

It's probably going to be the same way with DMC.He isn't going to throw Nero away.The timeline's screwed enough,what would another loophole do other than create trouble for him.Maybe we won't have him as a playable,but he will be.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I don't see Dante as one dimensional in 4 at all.

What I do see is that they almost put him in as an afterthought. Heck all we get to see him do is clean up Nero's half-finished mess. And he does so with the same laid back attitude that he had in 1. Not sure what more you could expect with as little playtime as he got - this started out as 'just a job' for him, from what I could tell, and one he only ended up doing because Trish hauled the Sparda off like that.

His only personal attachment to this story would of been Yamato when he discovered it there. To that effect, mission 10 is one of my favorites since I think it shows a little more of Dante's other colors when he confronts Nero about it.

But really, in 4, Dante got pretty shafted as far as gametime goes. I think its unfair to judge what direction his character has taken based on what little we got to see of it.

I wouldn't mind Nero back. I like the banter, but I don't like his gameplay and I've had enough of his story. A lot of folks find him easier to play cause of the buster arm, and I get that. I think one of the design elements behind Nero was to appeal to folks who found the previous games too difficult. And that's just fine. But it left those of us who prefer Dante's style out in the cold.

I think its been said here already, or in another thread, but it's truth enough to say again: They shouldn't have to sacrifice good game elements to introduce new ones, there's no reason why Dante and Nero fans can't be equally satisfied in the next installment. Then again, there wasn't any reason for Dante fans to be shafted in 4 either... and yet... and yet...

But for those wishing Vergil's return, I guess I still don't see how that would work out. :p Not that I'm against it, but if someone handed me this plot and told me to bring him back, I don't know how I'd reverse what's been done without someone declaring Godmode or something. Though I do think they should dip into the brotherly love & hate pool a bit more. There's some juicy drama there and they've barely taken a sip!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It happened.Vergil's returned already happened.In another of Koba's games.It's called Sengoku BASARA 3.If Vergil was Tenkai/Mitsuhide and Nobunaga was Mundus,not only did Vergil return without god mode,Mundus returned with Ultra God Mode.

If only he could be creative with DMC as far as the Vergil part goes.

Valdaglerion

I read this somewhere, but i think this would be a good idea for the fifth game:

"Nero is Vergil's son. Vergil payed a visit to a lucky lady years before, but after his death in DMC1, use's Nero's arm to aide his son "beyond the grave". Devil May Cry 5's story will again have Nero as the main guy, and the player will choose whether or not Nero will follow his father's dark path to gain power or if he will aide Dante as humanity's protector."

Valdaglerion

I mean with this they could also make a 6 game that u could play as virgil to show how he came back but then died again... just a thought

supacrazyman

I got a good excuse to bring all 3 of them back. Let me explain. Let us imagine that after the events of DMC 4, Nero kept the Yamato sword, but at the same time, that one sword started consuming his soul. His devil arm characteristics would start spreading onto the rest of his body, and soon he would end up fully consumed by the evil demonic power the Yamato contained. One could make up that Vergil was taking over Nero, and possessing his body. See, this would make possible, a return similar to the characteristics DMC 3 presented (my favourite so far)and still allow for elements of Nero's life to be explained (his past, etc.), still make a return for Nero, and allow Dante to be a central character. Of course it needs some work on the plots and stuff but the basic is pretty much this.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
supacrazyman;264103 said:
I got a good excuse to bring all 3 of them back. Let me explain. Let us imagine that after the events of DMC 4, Nero kept the Yamato sword, but at the same time, that one sword started consuming his soul. His devil arm characteristics would start spreading onto the rest of his body, and soon he would end up fully consumed by the evil demonic power the Yamato contained. One could make up that Vergil was taking over Nero, and possessing his body. See, this would make possible, a return similar to the characteristics DMC 3 presented (my favourite so far)and still allow for elements of Nero's life to be explained (his past, etc.), still make a return for Nero, and allow Dante to be a central character. Of course it needs some work on the plots and stuff but the basic is pretty much this.

What would happen to playing as Nero, though? Plus, Dante would probably end up killing either Nero or Vergil, which would upset a lot of fans either way.

supacrazyman

@DT
Well, one could invest part of the game to describe the internal battle between Nero and Vergil, thus allowing for Nero to become playable. In that situation most of his background could be demonstrated through several flashbacks (also playable, if you will) kind of like his journey since a young boy to his more adulthood position (even his army training, his background, parents, most of his history, etc.)

Attending the other issue, it would be possible to break the curse only by destroying the sword and its respective evil power, later freeing Nero off of the evil curse.

Then again, i have another idea which i find more pleasing.

Since a demon's most probable reason to possess ones body would be to return to the real world, the game could be done in a way that the demonic manifestation in Nero (Vergil) would only serve the purpose of temporary vessel aka Vergil would only possess Nero's body temporarely (sry if i misspelled, English is not my native language) to further allow for a ritual of sacrifice so that Vergil could return in bone, flesh and all his demonic glory, seeking revenge on Dante and one more time, try and bring hell on Earth and control the world. Nero would remain alive, another person or creature would be used as the sacrificial item. Then Vergil kept Nero trapped, Vergil became stronger and stronger, and Dante, with too much work on his hand would free Nero, and BAM (eheh, sry, too much excitement :p) we now have missions with Nero.

If something like this happened, i would love for the final battle to be an option between Nero vs Vergil or Dante vs Vergil, and if you want to go crazy on it, Dante + Nero VS Vergil (coop).

For those who want Vergil as a playable character (and i understand, because, although i only have the regular edition of DMC 3, im still gonna get the special edition, because of the simple fact that Vergil looks and probably plays awesomely, with all his fast paced samurai swift style)... for those who would like to play as him, well, alternate costumes is the solution. Simple as that! (sort of...)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Playing as Vergil and playing as Dante or Nero in a Vergil costume are two totally different concepts. and didn't Vergil get over the whole "must have power"/"i want to kill Dante" thing at the end of dmc3. if he comes back he is not going to want revenge. he lost, he accepted it. he actually stopped Dante from saving him so that Dante would not get trapped in hell. if Vergil wasn't brainwashed by Mundus he would not have tried to kill Dante as Nelo Angelo. he will never be a nice person but he is not a villain anymore. ( if he came back he would probably be an anti-hero)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;264383 said:
Playing as Vergil and playing as Dante or Nero in a Vergil costume are two totally different concepts. and didn't Vergil get over the whole "must have power"/"i want to kill Dante" thing at the end of dmc3. if he comes back he is not going to want revenge. he lost, he accepted it. he actually stopped Dante from saving him so that Dante would not get trapped in hell. if Vergil wasn't brainwashed by Mundus he would not have tried to kill Dante as Nelo Angelo. he will never be a nice person but he is not a villain anymore. ( if he came back he would probably be an anti-hero)

He meant a Vergil costume akin to his game mode in DMC3:SE. Where it's Nero/Dante's story, but you have Vergil to play as, with all his different moves.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is, like stated above, being able to choose which path you go down... bit like Star Wars KOTOR... you can go light or dark... could make for some awesome scene's with dark versions of our beloved characters :D

supacrazyman

@DarkSlayer
Uhm... Then i guess we would have to throw the Mundus card in.

We could say that Mundus still remained as the lord of Hell and Vergil never stood a chance, and later decides to use Vergil's relation with Nero (his demonic arm) to possess Nero. Mundus, after possessing Nero (with full body consupmtion,etc.), decides to use some sacrificial stuff to bring himself to the real world. Although, this time, he decides to bring himself into the world in Vergil's body (after that, Nero is sealed into some dungeon by mundus.). This would impact Dante as to making him decide that this would be the last time his brother tries to destroy their father's reputation and take over humanity. This would lead to a place where Dante frees Nero, and Dante is obligated to explain to Nero what happened (where he came from, and so, the reasons why this happened). Then Dante tells Nero, they must take opposite routes if they want to finally defeat Vergil once and for all. You then decide if you want either to play as Nero or Dante.

After all the cool gaming and stuff, there could be a little section of Vergil's innner fight against Mundus - playable vergil - (vergil fails though).

Then, some mission after that, a fight between Dante and Vergil (mundus). Dante wins, but it costs his brother's life. As his brother falls to the ground, a big black smoke comes from his body later revealing itself as Mundus angelic form as he flees away. Dante then cries (just for a bit of nostalgia :p) as he holds his brother in his arms, understanding that all this was caused by Mundus, and not Vergil. BTW, Dante owns the force edge and uses it in his quest, and to kill his brother. Saddened by his acts due to Mundus terrible comeback, Dante promises to end this once and for all, as he joins with Nero. Then you can again choose which path you take, Nero or Dante, each one leading to different routes.

Dante ultimately reaches a point in which he accepts theres only one way to end it all as, before going in a 1-1 against Mundus, he asks Nero for the Yamato, joins the 3 swords into one and the 2 amulets into 1, leading to an ultimate demonic form of the most power ever witnessed. However that whole power comes with a cost. The whole temptation of so much power ultimately will corrupt and consum any soul into pure evil and so, after lastly defeating Mundus, Dante (in its ultimate power form) before being ultimately corrupted by the whole power and having his soul turned into pure evil stabs himself. This leads onto a great explosion leaving the area free from demons and evil, the amulets and the swords broken and left with no power, and Dante in its human form, laying on the ground, with little life in his body and ready to accept rest. Nero holds him in his arms, crying and begging Dante not to die.

Dante ultimately looks at Nero and says: A devil may cry once he looses a loved one... *smiles, and closes his eyes* The End

Thats a very quick concept i pulled out of my head, but if you guys can improve some parts, do so, and say what you think about it. Other than this, im out of ideas :lol:

OH Btw: for those who want to play as Vergil, its like DT said, an alternate costume but including the Yamato and Vergil's own combos.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ That's really good for just being something you have just thought of. I bet a lot of people would have their beef with it, but why would they? It's got everything that people would want, and more, so why would people complain?

moseslmpg

Supa, you have some good ideas, similar to the first ones that I think most people had when DMC4 was just about to come out. The problem is that the novel has pretty much rendered most of these options impossible unless it is ignored. Alas.

These are the type of ideas that will most likely not make it into DMC5. Lowest common denominator...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;264519 said:
Supa, you have some good ideas, similar to the first ones that I think most people had when DMC4 was just about to come out. The problem is that the novel has pretty much rendered most of these options impossible unless it is ignored. Alas.

These are the type of ideas that will most likely not make it into DMC5. Lowest common denominator...

The dumb thing is, if his idea WAS DMC4, there would be so many more happy fans... But noooooo, the Capcom guys had to be stupid...

moseslmpg

Yeah, true. I actually thought DMC was going to play out similar to that. Nero would be overtaken by the DB after going into Hell, and Dante would find Vergil there and they would have to team up to take Nero down. Or at the end, Vergil would return through Nero somehow. They had the potential, but just ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom