• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

supacrazyman

Yeah... too bad, i was hoping DMC to go with a Bang in the 5th, but seems like we'll mostly get a "quickie" out of the devs just to shut the fans up :\.
I would be completely happy if DMC4 had gone somewhat between these lines, since it didnt completely satisfy my DMC hunger.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC only served to wet our palates, I think is the term. And if DMC5 sucks, (IE: No Nero, and a crappy story with only Dante) I'm gonna end up KILLING Kobayashi. I don't care if anyone wants a whack at him first, I'm gonna get him.

No, I'm not serious, but still... I mean, with all the crap he's done, is there ANYONE who isn't ticked with him?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
supacrazyman;264468 said:
@DarkSlayer
Uhm... Then i guess we would have to throw the Mundus card in.

We could say that Mundus still remained as the lord of Hell and Vergil never stood a chance, and later decides to use Vergil's relation with Nero (his demonic arm) to possess Nero. Mundus, after possessing Nero (with full body consupmtion,etc.), decides to use some sacrificial stuff to bring himself to the real world. Although, this time, he decides to bring himself into the world in Vergil's body (after that, Nero is sealed into some dungeon by mundus.). This would impact Dante as to making him decide that this would be the last time his brother tries to destroy their father's reputation and take over humanity. This would lead to a place where Dante frees Nero, and Dante is obligated to explain to Nero what happened (where he came from, and so, the reasons why this happened). Then Dante tells Nero, they must take opposite routes if they want to finally defeat Vergil once and for all. You then decide if you want either to play as Nero or Dante.

After all the cool gaming and stuff, there could be a little section of Vergil's innner fight against Mundus - playable vergil - (vergil fails though).

Then, some mission after that, a fight between Dante and Vergil (mundus). Dante wins, but it costs his brother's life. As his brother falls to the ground, a big black smoke comes from his body later revealing itself as Mundus angelic form as he flees away. Dante then cries (just for a bit of nostalgia :p) as he holds his brother in his arms, understanding that all this was caused by Mundus, and not Vergil. BTW, Dante owns the force edge and uses it in his quest, and to kill his brother. Saddened by his acts due to Mundus terrible comeback, Dante promises to end this once and for all, as he joins with Nero. Then you can again choose which path you take, Nero or Dante, each one leading to different routes.

Dante ultimately reaches a point in which he accepts theres only one way to end it all as, before going in a 1-1 against Mundus, he asks Nero for the Yamato, joins the 3 swords into one and the 2 amulets into 1, leading to an ultimate demonic form of the most power ever witnessed. However that whole power comes with a cost. The whole temptation of so much power ultimately will corrupt and consum any soul into pure evil and so, after lastly defeating Mundus, Dante (in its ultimate power form) before being ultimately corrupted by the whole power and having his soul turned into pure evil stabs himself. This leads onto a great explosion leaving the area free from demons and evil, the amulets and the swords broken and left with no power, and Dante in its human form, laying on the ground, with little life in his body and ready to accept rest. Nero holds him in his arms, crying and begging Dante not to die.

Dante ultimately looks at Nero and says: A devil may cry once he looses a loved one... *smiles, and closes his eyes* The End

Thats a very quick concept i pulled out of my head, but if you guys can improve some parts, do so, and say what you think about it. Other than this, im out of ideas :lol:

OH Btw: for those who want to play as Vergil, its like DT said, an alternate costume but including the Yamato and Vergil's own combos.

interesting but wouldn't definitely killing Vergil and then killing Dante make 99% of dmc fans really unhappy ( to the point of some Capcom employees getting murdered) not many people prefer Nero. and even preferring Nero doesn't automatically mean being okay with killing off the twins.

darkslayer101

darkslayer13;264576 said:
interesting but wouldn't definitely killing Vergil and then killing Dante make 99% of dmc fans really unhappy ( to the point of some Capcom employees getting murdered) not many people prefer Nero. and even preferring Nero doesn't automatically mean being okay with killing off the twins.

i liked the idea mentioned by supercrazyman but the fact that Dante dying with so much melodrama involved is just fail...in my opinion Nero reached Mundus first, and when he is about to get owned Dante gets in to the fight with dramatic entrance and finishes of Mundus...(we are pretty convinced from now that Dante is way stronger than his father and does not require a combined sword or amulet to finish off mundus...he just need rebellion...but it would awesome of rebellion, yamato, and the amulet is combined to reveal an awesome weapon)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer101;264661 said:
i liked the idea mentioned by supercrazyman but the fact that Dante dying with so much melodrama involved is just fail...in my opinion Nero reached Mundus first, and when he is about to get owned Dante gets in to the fight with dramatic entrance and finishes of Mundus...(we are pretty convinced from now that Dante is way stronger than his father and does not require a combined sword or amulet to finish off mundus...he just need rebellion...but it would awesome of rebellion, yamato, and the amulet is combined to reveal an awesome weapon)

That would only serve to make Dante seem more overpowered, though... I actually want to see DANTE get owned. That would maybe make him realize he isn't invincible.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Sure,but getting owned =/= dying[this aplies to the others as well].Besides in 1 he really isn't like 4 where he goes "whoa,can't touch me"!In 3 it's...so and so.After all,he got owned twice in two and Vergil got owned once there too.

But sure,see Dante getting owned in 5.That would make good material since that would mean that Dante will have to resort to something more than simply his own power.Who knows?A team-up with Nero,a very effective strategy to take things up a notch?I'm open to it.

As for the Yamato...I can hardly see it combining with the pendants...only the Sparda had that function.the Yamato and Rebellion were made for different purposes in mind and for different uses.I belive old man Sparda had forseen something when he fathered the twins...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;264672 said:
^Sure,but getting owned =/= dying[this aplies to the others as well].Besides in 1 he really isn't like 4 where he goes "whoa,can't touch me"!In 3 it's...so and so.After all,he got owned twice in two and Vergil got owned once there too.

But sure,see Dante getting owned in 5.That would make good material since that would mean that Dante will have to resort to something more than simply his own power.Who knows?A team-up with Nero,a very effective strategy to take things up a notch?I'm open to it.

As for the Yamato...I can hardly see it combining with the pendants...only the Sparda had that function.the Yamato and Rebellion were made for different purposes in mind and for different uses.I belive old man Sparda had forseen something when he fathered the twins...

I don't think he even meant for Dante to actually die, though. He just played it out that way to make people feel all full of suspense and such.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Oh,I see.Still...it would be nice to actually see the heroes get owned and come up with something else other than "more power"...or fail to protect the client etc but still defeat the villain at the end.And I mean more than

the Credo scene.A character with more importance than him,but not the mains.Some character that appeared at DMC5 and plays a vital role.

darkslayer101

Devil Bane;264672 said:

dante got kinda owned by nero in DMC4(first fight, nero million punches on dante's face)...i think in DMC 5, if vergil is returning, vergil can pwn dante at which point dante can switch on his DT(or ultimate DT or watever), just like other DMCs...wat if dante has the normal form of rebellion (force edge) and not the true form (sparda) that would be a good reveal for the end battle rather than amulet combining....

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer101;264682 said:
dante got kinda owned by nero in DMC4(first fight, nero million punches on dante's face)...i think in DMC 5, if vergil is returning, vergil can pwn dante at which point dante can switch on his DT(or ultimate DT or watever), just like other DMCs...wat if dante has the normal form of rebellion (force edge) and not the true form (sparda) that would be a good reveal for the end battle rather than amulet combining....

Hate to break it to you, but the Rebellion is not the same sword as the Force Edge. They are different swords.

moseslmpg

He's using the analogy of FE to Sparda to imply that Rebellion has a true, awakened form.

I think that is preposterous, but that is what he meant I think.

supacrazyman

moseslmpg;264717 said:
He's using the analogy of FE to Sparda to imply that Rebellion has a true, awakened form.

I think that is preposterous, but that is what he meant I think.

I think it's preposterous aswell, since:
A- The force edge was actually known to have sparda's power trapped inside it.
B- I doubt Dante's father had any intention into hiding m power into the Rebellion.
Andore
C- Didn't something like that actually happen after Dante's fight with Vergil on the top of Temen-Ni-Gru and then, after awaking, he did all that trickery to get down from the tower???

P.S: The reason i sugested Dante and Vergil's death was the fact that if they end it in any other way, fans might sometime go back for more DMC, and i doubt the devs will actually invest more time into the series, after DMC5.

Other than that, the only way to end could be with the end of hell and the survival of Dante.

But.. agh.. dunno... death in the battlefield seems like the most honored type of ending to me.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Ok : This isn't Gundam : the Tomino Horrors and for a series to end they don't have to go the Tomino way[everyone and their mothers being killed].

Take Golden Sun for example.They finished it fine...or Lunar Kinghts.The series can just finish on the note that everythings ok,no more major threats just small jobs[like in the anime] and everyone is fine,well and awesomelly stylish!And it can end there.

And as for the Rebellion : it awakened along with Dante's DT back in DMC3.After the first Vergil Fight.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm going to side with DB on this one. The anime had a good way of wrapping it up, ended on a high note, and left you wanting more but satisfied with how things played out. They should do the same with games...

...okay, wait a second, I thought this thread was about what fans want in the next game? Who mentioned that the next game will be the last? Why are we talking about the series ending? WHY?! Who DARED even mention such a thing?! 'Tis blasphemy! BLASPHEMY!

Seriously though, it seems the thread has started to go off topic.

darkslayer101

supacrazyman;264743 said:
I think it's preposterous aswell, since:
A- The force edge was actually known to have sparda's power trapped inside it.
B- I doubt Dante's father had any intention into hiding m power into the Rebellion.
Andore
C- Didn't something like that actually happen after Dante's fight with Vergil on the top of Temen-Ni-Gru and then, after awaking, he did all that trickery to get down from the tower???

P.S: The reason i sugested Dante and Vergil's death was the fact that if they end it in any other way, fans might sometime go back for more DMC, and i doubt the devs will actually invest more time into the series, after DMC5.

Other than that, the only way to end could be with the end of hell and the survival of Dante.

But.. agh.. dunno... death in the battlefield seems like the most honored type of ending to me.
now that u mentioned the temi ni gru dante awakening, i guess dante already has the rebellion awakened form...i am thinking of a weapon that annhilates mundus from existence...Sparda just trapped Munuds in the demon world..right??

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I don't think it'sa weapon that can do that job...we have yet to see weapon that counter the existence of somebody.Mundus can die,it's just that Dante didn't have the power to do it.[But he came way closer than Sparda....though Mundus was almost recovered from the hole Sparda opened.]

moseslmpg

Supa, I agree about them dying on the battlefield, but DMC would introduce enemies or factions that are super powerful to make it believable. And it definitely shouldn't happen in the next game.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Maybe...you should cut war movies a bit?It's not like it's that kind of a series anyway.BASARA is though!

moseslmpg

DMC is built entirely on the idea that problems can be solved by killing them in battle. Sparda was an immensely bpowerful demon warrior that fought Hell alone. DMC certainly is that kind of series. And I don't watch war movies.

Why don't you ever put spaces between your sentences?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^...I'm pretty sure that's only the outside of the game....in other words the most shallow analysis of the main idea...there is more...

Um...Because I haven't seen that in books?I don't know.Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom