• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

*fist pump* YEAH! If DMC5 is just crap for fans I'm gonna be p*ssed! It's been to long with no news on a DMC game. I want something good.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i personally want a few more background details. and i want to see Vergil again. ( basically i want more prequels. i also want a sequel but i want to know a few more things first.)

Meg

darkslayer13;250067 said:
i personally want a few more background details. and i want to see Vergil again. ( basically i want more prequels. i also want a sequel but i want to know a few more things first.)

I agree that Capcom has a lot of explaining to do (pun intended). I think the prequels for Vergil and what the heck Sparda should be saved for unlockable content or bonus stuff on the PSN and Xbox Live. Nero on the other hand needs the most explaining so that's why I want him to have his own game.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Do want Vergil, but ONLY if they can think of a good, plausible reason for bringing him back.
Personally I'd like to see less of the whiny emo douchebag Nero, because he's an appalling character with no real long term development.

However, a lot of fans are gonna want more about Nero, so why not do what they did with DMC2? Split it into two discs, because it's pretty much split anyway, a lot of the fanbase want Vergil, a lot want Nero, bring Vergil back with a DECENT, PLAUSIBLE explanation and then have the story play out on two discs with the player being free to play as who they wish at their leisure.

That'd be the ideal scenario, but then again, asking the guys at Capcom to create a plausible reason for Vergil's return would require them to be able to write something worth a damn. If only there was a really good writing team somewhere in the world who originally worked on Devil May Cry...Oh wait. They got fired for no good reason.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
He's not a "whiny emo douchebag". I can't see how people think he's emo just because he has more than Dante's one emotion...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
He spent three quarters of the game bitching about his cardboard cut out love interest, and the other quarter making really poor one liners. I wonder if he listens to Linkin Park and lets his mum cut his hair...Hmm.

I'd like to have it on record that I don't actually like Dante either, he's just as bad, in fact, he spends 100% of the game making really bad one liners, sex jokes and innuendos.

Still, that's just my opinion, and that's what I'd personally want to make both parties pleased.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I believe the good story and the actually good and plausible explanations of bringing Vergil back are a must for reasons I stated above,mr.Credo.Capcom knows it far too well...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;249949 said:
Goddammit. I bet this means the stupid and unneeded return of Vergil, and the throwaway of Nero. Just when the series was taking a turn I liked as well...

Once again Dreadnought, thats exactly what I was about to say right down to the letter.

ARandomGuy

How about a game that explains all the plot holes?
@DT: I see where your getting at, but Dante's part has a lot of plot holes in it too. That can't be ignored!
IMHO they should structure the game on 2 discs! One with Dante that explains what's been going with Dante up until DMC2 and even after DMC2. And one about Nero, where we get more info about his background and how he's linked to the Sparda family.
And now to please the Vergil fans, they could add him as a bonus playable character on Dante's disk + some cinematics about him in the story.
This should please everyone!

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I like Devil Bane's idea, but only have Vergil be an extra costume or something instead of coming back. DT is right about Vergil's time being past.

aoshi

I think vergil was all over DMC 4 pwning demons with nero.He seems to be referred as a ghost in more places.

1)Yamatoa(his sword is resurrected by nero's arm)
2)Bianco-angelos (some-wat clones of nero angelo) seem only to have spirits within case.
3)Nero's summoned demon has a holster similar to that of vergil.
4)Nero's quote after resurrected demon - "Power give me more power"

Also in DMC 3, Arkham says he was possessed by vergil when he killed his wife.Not sure if he was lieing as he was tricking lady to reach mission 13.

Most of it state vergil as a ghost or an aura that can lurk.I really doubt if vergil will be in DMC 5 if any than an aura and game not a prequel.

But kobayashi has stated in a bonus DVD that plots are tailor made for characters.Plot can be sketched in some of broken ends in series to have a physical vergil.

However , I am guessing dante to lead the next game.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Arkham was blatantly lieing to get Lady,Vergil and Dante fight to exhaust themselves and resurrect Temen-Ni-Gru[SP?].

If it is how Koba claims to be,then he did a crappy job at 4.

Edit : Corrected mistake.

aoshi

I guess arkham was lieing.

From a game's perspective where i have a played a s#it-load of non-entertaining walkthroughs, i think fortuna was great and so were the characters.It was a good game IMO and so were the characters.

Also koba did tidy up BS in DMC 3 of sticking bosses up gamer's faces and gave a good pace to the game. I found it slow but definitely entertaining after all this isn't street fighter.I think koba did excellent in DMC 4.

Captain Ren

Tribble
anyway, not putting what fans want would be fail. its more fail when you can't make the difference between fans and obsessed fanatics xD

i did liked the way dmc4 went. it was a fresh new direction. but still, bring a us a hyper-prequel aka Sparda stuff :p

razor

hay people, i am new here and i heard about new dmc only morning, i think vergil must come back yes nero is good character but there must be prequel about dantes and vergils relationship

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Personally I'm not too interested in Nero's and Kyrie's story arc - I want to know more about the Sparda family's past, and Eva and Sparda, and maybe even more about Sparda and Mundus, and so on. There's so much we don't know about all that.

As Credo said, if somebody at CAPCOM can come up with a killer reason to bring Vergil back, I'll gladly lick their feet and roll over like a dog. But not a stupid reason. And if there are any bandages in sight, I'll be sick.

Dominus

Yah I don't get the love for Nero. Granted most of the characters in DMC universe are 1-Dimensional he was the most boring 1-D one. I would like Vergil to be in it just because I liked his play style in DMC3, and he's a mix up from Dante (Nero got old with only redeeming thing being exceed).

And what is up with people complaining about murking up the DMC story, its not very interesting to begin with and is only a setting to allow for crazy action. I think if they went with vergil they should make a prequel but if they wanted a stupid reason to bring him back I wouldn't care.

They already raped SSF4 story so I don't expect much from capcom just give me a fun and new experience with DMC!

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Well every1 knows I'm a Dante lover so I'd want him in the 5th game big time (Sorry DDT)... BUT... I don't wanna see Vergil back... his story is a tragic one and it ramps the original games story having Dante kill Vergil once & for all... OBVIOUSLY, Nero's connection with Yamato etc & his POSSIBLE family ties to Sparda give Dante a reason to have something to do with him. I have voiced my view that I don't like Nero but I have to say killing him or having him not heavily involved in the next game would be stupid. Dante AND Nero both need to have their own campaigns that intertwine since I think their destinies are now intertwined... So I'm half on ur side DDT... I believe Nero is important to the DMC story from here on end but I couldn't stand the thought of Dante NOT being in the next or any other DMC game. That's why they both need their own campaigns/missions... to keep everyone happy :D

EDIT: Also... I think BOTH characters have A LOT of room for expansions... Nero obviously because he is a newer character and Dante since DMC4 didn't really give him any character development & there is many ways his character can go from here on end... whether it be tragic or epic, Dante needs something BIG to happen for him... whereas Nero just needs anything... he is a fresh, raw character so it would be hard for them to stuff him up (then again this IS Capcom :p) So we'll see when the game comes out!

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DreadnoughtDT;249949 said:
Goddammit. I bet this means the stupid and unneeded return of Vergil, and the throwaway of Nero. Just when the series was taking a turn I liked as well...

easy there DT maybe he's just givin a message or sumthin...maybe it isnt permanent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom