• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
That would be awesomesauce with some mustard and chilli on it.Seriously this kind of co-operative yet rival-like 2 player mode would be the best.And it doesn't necceserily have to be ony for the 2 players mode,but also for the single player story.

I mean DMC 5 could have this : A story with both Nero and Dante and the player chooses which of them to play as or have a prequel with Dante and Vergil as you said Lexy...or better yet,BOTH!A Dante disc with Dante and Vergil during their devil hunting days and a Nero disc with Nero and Dante taking on...whatever threatens the world once again.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^^^^^ THAT. Holy hell, that!

If ANYONE from Capcom sees that, please for the love of all that is glorious and merciful, use it! Give DB credit, though.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I don't care sh1t for credit if it happens,at least let it happen.:p

Seriously.If they can pull it off,I'll be very happy,credits or not.^_^

It's for my games I wan the credit.And glad I'm able to still brainstorm endlessly no matter what the situation is.:cool:

PS : Hope that will vent a bit of anger for the lost DMC for PSP...

aoshi

Lexy;257442 said:
You got me, why do you? There's no two-player mode in DMC4, split screen/ghost or whatever. I'm not talking about having two different characters in the game, I'm talking about two players taking on a horde of enemies at once, or you plus a ghost taking it on.

Reference only dante and vergil.If u had played four, U might expect Nero or some one from DMC 4 in next game.

Artwork in the game is amazing.Extra-ordinary infra-structures and most of all out-door demon slaying in forests.There were outdoor missions such as nevan mission in DMC 3 but hardly seemed outdoor and more an animation. But forest was fascinating to walk-through.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aoshi;250178 said:
1)Yamatoa(his sword is resurrected by nero's arm)
2)Bianco-angelos (some-wat clones of nero angelo) seem only to have spirits within case.
3)Nero's summoned demon has a holster similar to that of vergil.
4)Nero's quote after resurrected demon {correction, he states that he heard a voice saying:} "Power give me more power"

I think all of the above foreshadows Vergil's return in the next instalment of the game. There's too much reference to Vergil to just shrug it off as coincidence OR blame it on the sword.

I have to admit that the idea of DMC being tailored to the fans wants...that's bloody scary. Do you know how many yaoi/twincest DMC fans are out there? If they so much as hint at something gay in the next game, I'm going to burn them to the ground.

Anyway, I'd like Vergil back. He scares me XD With reason, of course, but hey, IT'S CAPCOM!!! There was NO reason for them to throw Nero into the mix from out of nowhere either, but they did anyway!

I'd like a prequel of sorts - I REALLY want to see Sparda, and Eva, and THE BOYS when they were kids. What could be better than that?!?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aoshi;250178 said:
1)Yamatoa(his sword is resurrected by nero's arm)
2)Bianco-angelos (some-wat clones of nero angelo) seem only to have spirits within case.
3)Nero's summoned demon has a holster similar to that of vergil.
4)Nero's quote after resurrected demon - "Power give me more power"

Can't believe I missed this. Anyway, it's my time to present an argument.

1. It's one of Sparda's swords, and the one he used most frequently after his loss of power. It's gonna be in the game, it's an integral part of the plot.
2. They're made from fragments of the Dark Angel. Fragments. That means he exploded, AKA dead.
3. That's a trait of Yamato, not a Vergil-specific trait.
4. All demons are obsessed with power. It could be any demon that's possessing his arm.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
aoshi;258138 said:
Reference only dante and vergil.If u had played four, U might expect Nero or some one from DMC 4 in next game.

Oh, I see. I was just directing my post toward the many comments on the forum about 'bringing back Vergil', that's all. I just imagined that was a way they could "bring him back" in another prequel, and it not ruin the existing plot but actually add to it and add to the gameplay experience. They could even change his character slightly, since he's co-operating but rivalling Dante to kill demons better and faster. Most people seemed to love that moment when Dante and Vergil teamed up in DMC3, so, why not...?

Goes without saying it could work just as well with Nero and Dante.

aoshi

@Dreadnaught :

1)Yes, it was with sparda until it was given to vergil and he had a DT awakened or hope so as dante's DT was awakened with rebellion. If at all there is any DT that was entrusted on a sword, it was sparda's DT which was fought for. I don't think vergil entrusted his DT in yamatoa for anyone to use it.Even if it is, It proves nero's spirit or yamatoa's awakening is vergil's DT => Vergil. Though dante wields sparda sword, On DT it is sparda's power he inherits => sparda.

DT in devil arms are entrusted demonic powers. Yamatoa => Possibly Vergil's DT.

I hope vergil is not turned historical like sparda whose powers can be inherited and exist in the game as devil arms.

2)Angelos - Agnus himself admits that he harnessed demon souls to manipulate angelos.They do contain souls.Not jus chemical fragments.I am not sure wat u mean by dead?Souls exist after death or in demonic realm.

3)Holster - Yes trait of yamatoa => entrusted with DT of vergil.As u say, Though sparda had yamatoa, I don't think he had a DT for it but vergil did. Holster specific to vergil's DT and not yamatoa. Yamatoa is jus a weapon and does not have demonic form. DT needs to be entrusted to have a demonic awakening.

4)There were many that sought power but did not own yamatoa.

@Lexy : I guess so. I am more intersted in gameplay. As long as gameplay does not ruin characters, I can play them.

MrGore

Fans want Virgil, but he's sorta dead and bringing him back is sorta gonna ruin the story, so why not make him something like just a playable char, like trish in DMC2.
As for the game story I would like 3 things, and they are sorta incompatible.
First is a filling on the gap between DMC1 and 4, cause between DMC3 and 1there's not much to say left, but between 1 and 4 there's the all where did nero come from, so we could have a story focused on Nero from Dantes perspective, as someone allready sugested.

Another story I'd like to see could be a story focused on Virgil that happens before DMC3 sorta starting with Dante and Virgil still friends, I want to know how their momma died, why, what happened to sparda, why did sparda only had kids 2000 years after he send mundos back to hell? was he dead when they were born? or was he the paternal type?

Sone

DUST TO DUST
I want DMC 5 that's all, and don't give a damn about Dante, Vergil or Nero gonna shown in 5th part, so just make DMC5 and that's it but MAKE IT GOOD not like 2nd one !!!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm just having such a giggle over DT's 4 statements. The last one in particular. We KNOW that Nero quoted Vergil word by word, so chances are that it's NOT just 'some' demon possessing him.
And why would Capcom let just any demon possess Nero's arm anyway? That adds nothing to the story and leaves only another potential black hole in the DMC universe.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
MrGore;258871 said:
Fans want Virgil, but he's sorta dead and bringing him back is sorta gonna ruin the story, so why not make him something like just a playable char, like trish in DMC2.

That makes sense and would be awesome I don't see why they shouldn't just do that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^^ That's a great idea, actually. I don't much like Vergil as a character, but playing as him is another matter.

I hope no one complains that that's "too little for him".

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;259172 said:
^^ That's a great idea, actually. I don't much like Vergil as a character, but playing as him is another matter.

I hope no one complains that that's "too little for him".

Do i even need to say it or can you guess.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;259254 said:
You're going to complain he has to come back in the actual story, right? :dry:

since you already knew what i was going to say there is no point in saying it. but i will anyway.

Vergil needs a real comeback. ( Note: that's a statement not a complaint. if Capcom dose something lame like bring him back as a spirit or alternate costume or some other fake comeback then i will complain loudly and frequently)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;259263 said:
since you already knew what i was going to say there is no point in saying it. but i will anyway.

Vergil needs a real comeback. ( Note: that's a statement not a complaint. if Capcom dose something lame like bring him back as a spirit or alternate costume or some other fake comeback then i will complain loudly and frequently)

^this.

Although we should give credit where credit is due.
Nero might not be a match for Dante, but the intention was just that. Nero never was meant to outshine Dante, not by a far margin, and by having him fight Dante half way through the game and come off second best each time shows to me, at least, that Capcom isn't about to butcher Dante's character for the sake of a new character. If they were going to have someone replace him, they'd have let Vergil do the job. I'm digressing >_<

Point I'm trying to make is that yeah, Nero isn't exactly THE BEST character, but he wasn't created to BE the best. He's as flawed as Dante is, if you think about it. All this Nero bashing is really unnecessary because - and this is where who ever gets stuck with the job of 'tailoring' the game to the fans' wants is going to clash with a major problem - the fact is, very simply put, that Nero is the first male protagonist to join the DMC crew. Vergil was cast as the antagonist - if he'd been in Nero's situation, chances are people would have been hating on Vergil as well. People hate Nero because 1 - he IS on the good side and 2 - they're intimidated by the fact that DANTE was the unlockable character in DMC4, and not Nero.

DMC wouldn't be DMC if they brought out a game that had no Nero, no Trish, no Lady, and no Vergil. Even in DMC4 there was strong hints toward Vergil, without actually referring to him specifically. If they left out one or the other, the game would be a fail like DMC2.

So, with all that said, I do want more Nero, I do want Vergil to have an epic comeback, and I do want Dante to go into that family reunion with guns blazing and blood spraying.

The people at Capcom, or whomever is going to create the next game, have A LOT of material they can work with and refer to. Dante's banter to Mundus that he should give Dante's son his regards when they next meet - there's something to play on. Throw us a curve ball and make Nero turn out Dante's son - it'd make more sense than being Vergil's son anyway, seeing as Dante is the one who was raised with 'fine women and good booze'. Vergil's upbringing doesn't seem as seedy as Dante's, so the likelihood that Dante might have conceived a child (or a few of them) is pretty high up there. All that, and it will give Nero an actual purpose in the series. He's messed up becoming a demon at the end of DMC4 - so what if his mind starts ticking like Vergil's had? Which side is he going to embrace? Sparda embraced humanity and sealed away Mundus. Dante embraced his humanity and defeated Mundus. Maybe Nero can embrace his humanity and kill Mundus? Family tradition ^_^

Or, Nero can go off the rocker like Vergil had, and in his bid to gain more power he might unlock a chain of events that will restore Vergil to his human form. Maybe Vergil can even play the 'good' guy and try to show Nero that he was heading down a steep path to doom? Mundus was hellbent on merging the demon world with the human world, so why not have him try that again in the game, make him an actual boss, and have the sons of Sparda kick some serious ass? Maybe they all get stuck in the demon realm when that happens, or they die fighting off Mundus - this IS the game that happens after 4 and before 2, am I right? Somebody has to explain WHY Dante is in the depo state he is in 2, and seeing as none of the characters are featured in 2, I think it's safe to assume that they're all dead. And going on what Dante's reaction is in the DMC2 novel, why not make Trish go all-out evil again? I think she turns on him and hands Nero or Vergil or whoever on a gold platter to Mundus, just to throw some more conflict into the game, so Dante ends up killing her for her betrayal. It's the only thing I could come up with regarding his brooding silence when Enzo pestered him about what happened to Trish. AND he mentions slaying her again, which as far as I know, Dante didn't actually do in the games.

I mean, this is all the direction I think they'll probably go with the next game. What I actually WANT is, as I stated before, a game reflecting on their past. Yeah, okay, so it'd be predictable and we all know how it would end, but it'd STILL make a pretty cool game.

-rambling switch is now OFF-

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would never play another DMC game if Nero/Vergil/ANY of the main characters were to die.

I know you people are gonna be like "screw you, you're only one person. Who cares?" Well, that one person cares. So if you see him around, tell him I said hi.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^Right, but you'd have to buy the game and play it and see them die before you refuse to buy another game. And who knows, the next game might actually be the last game in the series so it really doesn't matter whether fans love it or hate it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wouldn't have to buy the game. I could watch the thing on youtube before I played it.

And that would never happen. Capcom wouldn't just throw away one of their best selling cash cows. And I think it would matter A LOT if fans hate it or love it. Who in their right mind wants their game series to be remembered as "That one with the crappiest ending ever"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom