• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
People keep saying that they don't want Nero, and would like to learn more about the SPARDA family...really?

Is it not OBVIOUS that Nero is part of the SPARDA family in some way.

So by saying, no more Nero and more Sparda family...you are contradicting yourselves.

PS~ When Nero DT's, that floating ghastly thing behind him is a slightly altered version of Vergil's DT...hence...it must be Vergil's soul...as...in DMC...apparently when a devil dies, his spirit is transfered to OR turned into his own devil arm...meaning...if Vergil is dead, like some believe...his soul would be in Yamato, and when Nero uses the sword, that's why Vergil appears behind him.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
BlueDevil;256007 said:
People keep saying that they don't want Nero, and would like to learn more about the SPARDA family...really?

Is it not OBVIOUS that Nero is part of the SPARDA family in some way.

So by saying, no more Nero and more Sparda family...you are contradicting yourselves.

PS~ When Nero DT's, that floating ghastly thing behind him is a slightly altered version of Vergil's DT...hence...it must be Vergil's soul...as...in DMC...apparently when a devil dies, his spirit is transfered to OR turned into his own devil arm...meaning...if Vergil is dead, like some believe...his soul would be in Yamato, and when Nero uses the sword, that's why Vergil appears behind him.

those people are not counting Nero as part of Sparda's family

PS: i wouldn't describe Nero's DT as sightly different from Vergil's I would say slightly similar. they are both Yamato DT forms so of course they look alike but not enough to say its Vergil or Vergil's DT.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil's DT wears a coat and has those blunted horns that look like a powdered wig. >.>

Nero's DT spirit seems to be wearing armor and has a lot more spikes than Vergil's DT. From what I can gather, if it wasn't blue, people wouldn't say it was Vergil's DT.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Nero's DT ghost has hints of Vergil's DT and Nelo Angelo. And yes, I recognized this based off of another member's observations, but they were correct.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, but you see, I think that the arm sheath is a Yamato DT trait, not specific to Vergil.

And it doesn't really look like Nelo Angelo. The armor's too angular. Nelo's is more smooth.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Êach DT as his own traits.

Example Rebellion as the trait of having wings that can fly, while Yamato hasnt.

Also that the spirit as similar forms to Angelo and Vergil DT is maybe because the sword true owner has taked multiple forms?.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
SuperDante;255885 said:
Well every1 knows I'm a Dante lover so I'd want him in the 5th game big time (Sorry DDT)... BUT... I don't wanna see Vergil back... his story is a tragic one and it ramps the original games story having Dante kill Vergil once & for all... OBVIOUSLY, Nero's connection with Yamato etc & his POSSIBLE family ties to Sparda give Dante a reason to have something to do with him. I have voiced my view that I don't like Nero but I have to say killing him or having him not heavily involved in the next game would be stupid. Dante AND Nero both need to have their own campaigns that intertwine since I think their destinies are now intertwined... So I'm half on ur side DDT... I believe Nero is important to the DMC story from here on end but I couldn't stand the thought of Dante NOT being in the next or any other DMC game. That's why they both need their own campaigns/missions... to keep everyone happy :D

EDIT: Also... I think BOTH characters have A LOT of room for expansions... Nero obviously because he is a newer character and Dante since DMC4 didn't really give him any character development & there is many ways his character can go from here on end... whether it be tragic or epic, Dante needs something BIG to happen for him... whereas Nero just needs anything... he is a fresh, raw character so it would be hard for them to stuff him up (then again this IS Capcom :p) So we'll see when the game comes out!

Agreed.

Well,Vergil CAN come back...along with Nevan ,Cerberus and Beowulf.Yes,I believe you think I'm crazy,but here it is :

Devil Arm DT.Not just the players DT,the Devil Arm itself should have a DT too.For example the Yamato's DT would be Vergil's spirit appear behind the player as a "stand"[once again refering to Araki-sensei's work "JoJo's bizzare adventure"] and attack with the player.Also he could scream,say his own quotes etc.That way Vergil could return and it would be logical[his soul being trapped in the Yamato after Dante "killed" him].Same way with other Devil Arms and it would explain the reason for Sparda's[the sword] DT.

Also,imagine the potential,two seperate DTs fo more stylish and flashy gameplay.Activating the player's DT will result in the usual DT[almost like in the previous games] while just activating only the weapons DT would result in the Devil Arm change a bit along with an aura that sometimes enshrouds the player and some Devil arms could have this "stand" feature.And activating both...well...you can imagine the awesomeness.:D

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;256294 said:
Yes, but you see, I think that the arm sheath is a Yamato DT trait, not specific to Vergil.

And it doesn't really look like Nelo Angelo. The armor's too angular. Nelo's is more smooth.

Not to mention the horns are totally the wrong shape.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought CaT of Devil's Lair already translated from the DMC4 novel that Nero's DT is stated to be a manifestation of Nero's soul.

"And then Nero woke up and all the devil trigger sh*t happened along with Yamato repairing itself. And the blue ghost on his back? *GASP* It’s Nero soul…! Best. Idea. Ever. (Sorry for those of you who believe the handsome blue spirit is Vergil. Apparently it’s not working out)."

Arm sheath specific to Yamato, I would guess.

aoshi

^ I think there are too many contradictions to it.I am not sure if source has an explanation for below.

1) Yamatoa was vergil's devil arm as rebellion is to dante. To take it away from him makes no sense.

3)Combos for yamatoa in DT are performed by demon or genie and not nero. Nero combines his red queen attacks with demon which works on its own. There is only one move for nero where he himself uses yamatoa in devil state.Its pretty much like doppleganger style.Genie is controlled by nero and don't think is a spirit of nero.

4)Nero was clarified that he will not have a DT and he is a human. I dont see why would his soul not be considered DT as it is an awakening but capcom denied DT or an awakening.I guess nero is able to summon the genie and wield yamatoa through it.

I can't be certain that spirit is vergil yet can't agree that it is nero's soul.Some sources(novel) hint nero is vergil's son and i hope its not true.I guess that makes nero's demonic powers a "father figure"(vergil).

CodeBreaker_Kiwi

You Think You Know Me
DreadnoughtDT;249949 said:
Goddammit. I bet this means the stupid and unneeded return of Vergil, and the throwaway of Nero. Just when the series was taking a turn I liked as well...

i like Vergil, Nero too perhaps they could both be in it its what fans want after all

oh and Nero needs his mouth washed out with soap before he returns the foul language is unnecessary the least you hear dante say is the occasional damn

aka958

Don't trust people
KenekaKowazaki;256550 said:
i like Vergil, Nero too perhaps they could both be in it its what fans want after all

oh and Nero needs his mouth washed out with soap before he returns the foul language is unnecessary the least you hear dante say is the occasional damn

Damn right! Nero is far too foul mouthed... I don't like it. <.< You are more awesome if you insult your enemies without such language...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
aka958;256552 said:
Damn right! Nero is far too foul mouthed... I don't like it. <.< You are more awesome if you insult your enemies without such language...

some people talk like that. it's not a big deal and changing it would be a bad decision. people already call Nero a Dante clone. taking away one of the difference's would just help prove those people's point

V

Oldschool DMC fan
He could have said a lot worse than he did. It didn't bother me.

Although the trend lately in action games where people have to swear to make amusing banter or get naked is getting old. Hopefully DMC won't go down that route.

aoshi

It really does not matter that nero or dante swear. Its a game for mature audience. Wat else u got? A dress code for demons.

However i bet u would not mind echidna or nevan .xD.

Dante89

Lets Rock!
I agree. I wouldn't want Virgil to come back. He was fun but to play him again would just take the fun out. I would like to see Dante again. Dante started it all. Without him there wouldn't be DMC period. I mean people say they dont want him in the next DMC. I beleive he has to be. Yes he is getting older but it happens. Im not gonna sit here and say Nero wasnt bad cuz he was good. Great character. Im just saying DMC wouldn't be anything without Dante.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
They could always go back to Dante and Vergil's days of demon hunting together for another game, before the split of DMC3/manga. *shrug*

(Now I'm imagining having a ghost/second player to beat in terms of style and time. They haven't done that before).

V

Oldschool DMC fan
aoshi;257429 said:
^ Why do i feel u have not played DMC 4?

You got me, why do you? There's no two-player mode in DMC4, split screen/ghost or whatever. I'm not talking about having two different characters in the game, I'm talking about two players taking on a horde of enemies at once, or you plus a ghost taking it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom