• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom To Announce A New PS4 Title

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
If their smart, then i think it'd be a good idea for them to fix Devil may cry before it's to late and end up being a nearly dead franchise. It's one of Capcom's few remaining big hit titles right now and it'd be a shame for it to end like this. On the other hand it may be a bit to early for DMC5 or DmC2. So im putting my money on either a new IP or as much as i hates to say it, a new Resident Evil... I sure hope it's DMC5 though or at least something to show that their still doing things with the DMC games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If its a DMC game of any kind , its probably just an announcement rather than the release date so just be open to the possibility.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The Game Awards are this week so Capcom may reveal it there, but this will be Capcom's last chance for Devil May Cry and even Resident Evil if they announce either one.
If it's a Devil May Cry game it will absolutely be DMC5 because DmC2 will just set them up for another failure and will completely go back on what they said about the 2 million copies or nothing statement.
If it's Resident Evil 7 it better be Survival Horror or the franchise is history.

Hell it could be the Dino Crisis reboot we heard about a while back.

But Capcom has been going off about new IPs recently so it's likely to be one of them.

Since I've sworn off Capcom games I don't really give a damn what they do, Capcom's dead to me.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If its a DMC game of any kind , its probably just an announcement rather than the release date so just be open to the possibility.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

If it is a new DMC game Capcom is going to be cautious this time around to gauge fans interests in what they will be presenting and thus a announcement or short cinematic trailer will be all that is shown with a possible year like (Late 2016/early 2017) in mind.

That being said I highly doubt a gameplay trailer let alone a full game will be coming in 2015.

Reactions: Meg

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
The line 'Capcom aims for more DMC in 2015' was uttered a long time ago (2012, I think) before DmC failed financially. Capcom said it isn't going to make sequels to franchises whose last game sold less than two million.

And even if the possibility existed, it would be far too early for them to announce a new DMC. I think that to announce something, they need at least a basic idea of the characters, and possibly the plot. If they bring out a teaser for DMC5 now, that means they're probably rushing the game, or at least its basics.

There was a chance for a new Dragon's Dogma, right? I think that's more likely. That, Resident Evil 7, or a new IP.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
There was a chance for a new Dragon's Dogma, right?
I should mention that Capcom described both the sales of DmC and Dragon's Dogma as "solid", even though both sold around the 1 million mark. If DmC isn't happening, it's likely that Dragon's Dogma isn't happening either...thanks to that lovely "2 mill or nothing" policy.

An Onimusha HD Collection is incredibly unlikely, given how Capcom stated a while back that bringing the trilogy to HD would not only be a costly and time-consuming effort, but a stagnant one given the strict licenses on the likenesses of actors in said games.

Now, an Onimusha sequel? That's more understandable...maybe even with a new actor to lend his likeness to the game. That would be pretty cool.

A part of me wanted to see a sequel to Asura's Wrath, maybe one that could fix the previous game's lapses in gameplay and story...but again, less than a million in sales. So it won't happen. :shifty:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I should mention that Capcom described both the sales of DmC and Dragon's Dogma as "solid", even though both sold around the 1 million mark. If DmC isn't happening, it's likely that Dragon's Dogma isn't happening either...thanks to that lovely "2 mill or nothing" policy.
Ah yeah, that's true - both games probably won't get sequels, at least not for now.
I heard that their new PS4 title may 'turn some heads overseas', so I guess that could mean it's Street Fighter V, or possibly (though not likely) Resident Evil 7. Well, Onimusha might be a possibility too, I guess.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Hiroyuki Kobayashi said he will be revealing a new game at playstation experience. And The new News on Dragon's Dogma's website is really getting my hopes up... please dont crush it! Well know withing a few days at playstation experience which is on the 6th and 7th.
http://www.dragonsdogma.com/news.php

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Hiroyuki Kobayashi said he will be revealing a new game at playstation experience. And The new News on Dragon's Dogma's website is really getting my hopes up... please dont crush it! Well know withing a few days at playstation experience which is on the 6th and 7th.
http://www.dragonsdogma.com/news.php
Hmmm. Interesting. An unexpected game announcement, huh? And it will 'turn heads overseas'. Well, I still doubt it's Dragon's Dogma 2 -- after all, they said they weren't going to make sequels to games that sold less than two million. That, and I'm not sure it would turn that many heads.

They also seem a bit too excited and jolly for it to be Resident Evil 7. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some really popular game, Mega Man or something. Never played much of Mega Man, so... yeah... don't really care.
But, it could even be Resident Evil 7. Hell, nobody knows. Nothing to do but wait.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Capcom also registered the DMC copyright or something.
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86210729&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
Which is a new action since they renewed the copyright earlier this year. I know on neogaf speculation is going wild about this, but I'd prefer to keep my hype in check. Someone also claimed on neogaf that Capcom registered the DMC copyright before DmC was unveiled at TGS, but I don't know if that's true....
Yeah, but as has been said before in a different thread, that copyright probably pertains to the Devil May Cry movie.
Besides, a new DMC wouldn't really 'turn heads'. Well, it would, but not that much. They've really been acting like this new reveal is going to be spectacular.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Anything DMC whether it be DMC5, dmC2, a nero spinoff, a crossover etc would be welcome.

but if it were a new IP and it caught my eye (hopefully a new hack and slash IP) , i wouldnt mind Im pretty flexible:angel:

Last edited:

TonyRedgraveDMC

What is that? Might Capcom make some kind of announcement there? If too much time passes with no proper Devil May Cry continuation, I WILL lose ALL faith in Capcom. They've already abandoned Megaman, I don't want the same for DMC.

Top Bottom