• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom has major unannounced title planned for 2018 release

Viper

Premium
Source says "404 file not found". Hmm...
Watch it become something actually called "Major Title". XD

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The RE2 Remake has already been announced so I don't think it'll be that.

Itsuno did say he has a game to reveal this year, this may be it.

Frazz

General gamer
Mega Man Collection 2 has apparently just been leaked. Doubt it counts as a 'major title' but this is Capcom so you never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a new DMC!

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
It will probably be revealed at E3 then. Monster hunter has been huge lately though so i'll try not getting my hopes to high...

Sesha

Mega Man Collection 2 has apparently just been leaked. Doubt it counts as a 'major title' but this is Capcom so you never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a new DMC!

It's not that. Only new titles would be considered major titles, and only stuff like RE7, DR4, MvC: I, SFV, MHX". DMC, RE2 Remake, or a new Dragon's Dogma, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Darkstalkers, Mega Man on the scale of those titles would be "major titles".

It will probably be revealed at E3 then. Monster hunter has been huge lately though so i'll try not getting my hopes to high...

Sales expectations are down in Japan from 3.5m last year to 2.75m this year, so if it's Monster Hunter they're expecting to do less than MHXX and Stories despite launching both during the last fiscal year. Mainline MH titles, XX excepted, usually do 3m+ within a few weeks. Additionally, expected sales for US is up from 4.3m to 4.7m, and in Europe from 2.2m to 2.65. They launched RE7 and DR4 last FY, but despite that they're expecting increased sales.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
*Prays Frantically* Dragon's Dogma 2....Dragon's Dogma 2....Dragon's Dogma 2....Dragon's Dogma 2....Dragon's Dogma 2....

...er, I mean...D-Devil May Cry 5, guys, amirite?
we-are-not-amused.jpg

Meg

As much as I want DMC5, I'll also be completely hyped for any new Onimusha. A remake. A reboot. A direct sequel. Literally any Onimusha would be amazing. Or Mega Man, which I don't even like but MM fans have also had to rough for years.

But knowing Capcom, it will probably be a new Street Fighter. :laugh::facepalm::'(

Frazz

General gamer
As much as I want DMC5, I'll also be completely hyped for any new Onimusha. A remake. A reboot. A direct sequel. Literally any Onimusha would be amazing. Or Mega Man, which I don't even like but MM fans have also had to rough for years.

But knowing Capcom, it will probably be a new Street Fighter. :laugh::facepalm::'(
This is painfully true. Any time we've got our hopes up in the past we've then been immediately disappointed. At least now we know Itsuno is working on something which does increase the chances of a DMC5 by a bit but considering how Capcom ignored the franchises 15 year anniversary I don't know how great our chances are...

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I well would wish to finally see as that unannounced title ends as DMC 5 but well it can be anything now, in end i would wait for more any of clues or rumours even if those end false again

berto

I Saw the Devil
...IF it is DMC 5 then I'll eat my cape.
That can't be good for your stomach. Considering the things it can do it's provably composed of all sorts of experimental chemicals and high end technology. It might kill you to eat that thing. For a doctor's son you sure have a cavalier attitude towards your diet.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That can't be good for your stomach. Considering the things it can do it's provably composed of all sorts of experimental chemicals and high end technology. It might kill you to eat that thing. For a doctor's son you sure have a cavalier attitude towards your diet.

No, I just reallllllly want DMC 5.

Top Bottom