• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom has major unannounced title planned for 2018 release

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought it woukd have been funny if Sparda was more Batlike than insect-esque since his title was the legendary dark knight.

But there is another superhero called Blue Beetle so....:cool: Dante's got some new jokes for Vergil.

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
Not sure it actually adds fuel to the fire but...

On Twitter, Langdon posted a pic with a DmC Dante cosplayer, saying that "old meets new", to which I answered (and he liked the answer):
239903Sanstitre.png

Sesha

I well would wish to finally see as that unannounced title ends as DMC 5 but well it can be anything now, in end i would wait for more any of clues or rumours even if those end false again

It can only really be DMC, RE2 Remake, Revelations 3 or Monster Hunter. Those are the most likely, and would take precedence over any other franchise not already out. Similarly, Capcom has only low key indicated its investment in new console IPs compared to established franchises.

But knowing Capcom, it will probably be a new Street Fighter. :laugh::facepalm::'(

SFV will be the only game in the series in the near future. Capcom's current and future fighting games are all meant to have long term support. Even if this title was a relaunched SFV, it probably wouldn't be listed like this, nor have similar sales expectations as the original.

Meg

SFV will be the only game in the series in the near future. Capcom's current and future fighting games are all meant to have long term support. Even if this title was a relaunched SFV, it probably wouldn't be listed like this, nor have similar sales expectations as the original.
Oh come on man, you had to know that was a joke. :laugh:

Solar the rabbit

Ninja Theory seems totally apart from the DMC universe ever since DmC happened. Don't expect DmC 2 to ever happen. And please, we waited long enough for DMC5, don't ever mention DmC2 >_>
Yeah. No and No. I know people are waiting are for DMC5. Well guess what, people are waiting for DmC2. Alot of people want both and there no reason we can't get both.

Meg

Come on guys, there's no need to make this a war about whether we should get DMC 5 or DmC 2.
Really this should be a war between the age old question:

So who would win in a fight: Superman or Batman? DUN DUN DUN!!!! :eek:

............I'm going with Superman. *shifty eyes*

But on topic, from a realist perspective I have NO idea what Capcom is planning. Like what could it be? I don't know! Capcom has ignored so many of its franchises for so long, that I have no faith that they'll go back to any of them.

The optimist in me wants DMC5 really bad though. :frown:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
As much as i want another Devil may cry game, im not sure if i want a DMC5 or a DmC2.

I wasnt too fond of the anime and 4 which made me receptive to the reboot when others weren't. But the reboot wasn't really what i thought a reboot of DMC should be so it didnt blow me away.

So i rather we get a dmc game and worry about what it is then start judging a rumor.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm aware of that but that doesn't mean that DmC2 can't happen.

But if it happened without NT then that would kinda defeat the purpose wouldn't it?

Also I doubt it would be the same DmC that fans of it knows if Capcom made it themselves, as already mentioned its obvious given that not only has NT moved on but Capcom would probably want to play it safe anyway that DMC5 is the most likely of the 2 by a very large margin.

Solar the rabbit

But if it happened without NT then that would kinda defeat the purpose wouldn't it?
When did I say they NT wouldn't make the game? I said that I was aware they were working on Hellblade.

Also I doubt it would be the same DmC that fans of it knows if Capcom made it themselves, as already mentioned its obvious given that not only has NT moved on but Capcom would probably want to play it safe anyway that DMC5 is the most likely of the 2 by a very large margin.
I was never said or implied that DmC2 would be made before DMC5 or that Capcom would work on.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
When did I say they NT wouldn't make the game? I said that I was aware they were working on Hellblade.

I was never said or implied that DmC2 would be made before DMC5 or that Capcom would work on.

And I never said you said those things, simply gave my opinion on which of the two would more than likely be revealed, the main part of my post directed towards you was the possibility of DmC2 not being out of the realm of possibility in any theoretical scenario of a DMC game being being revealed this year, since NT is obviously busy with another game at the moment It would stand to reason that IF a DmC2 game was in the works that Capcom would most likely be handling it themselves, as such I asked (not put words in your mouth mind you) wouldn't that defeat the purpose if that where the case?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Let's not take this any further since discussions like this usually go to arguing.

But I think what @ToCool74 is saying is that if Capcom were to make the DmC2, it would defeat the purpose of it not only being a new direction, but also defeat the fact that it's a "western" adaption. Without NT, it's just Devil May Cry with a "western" paint job. It won't feel as genuine, and it would force Capcom to have to adapt their way of story telling to appeal to the west, as oppose to going the way they're comfortable with and just do a DMC5.

Either way, we'll have to wait and see what comes out of all this.

Top Bottom