• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom has an unannounced title, from Itsuno

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
every DMC sequel has began development right after the release of the latest title. Except 2, that one started before the previous one was finished.

Really? I actually didn't know that...

Er, the first part. I know 2 suffered because Kamiya didn't even know it was a thing. Still, it wasn't a BAD game by any stretch of the imagination. It was my first DMC, and was a good first foray into the series since 12 year old me sucked at DMC1.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Dragon's Dogma 2 could be a possibility, but considering the scale of the first game, it might be a while until anything is mentioned. They could obviously pull a Square Enix and announce the game only for Dragon Dogma fans to wait for like 5 years until actual gameplay or information shows pops up. Also, I think deep down might be taking Dragon's Dogma's "spot" for a little while. Heck, at this point they're opposites. Dragon's Dogma is more of a singleplayer fantasy game while deep down is confirmed by Capcom to be more online multiplayer heavy. Funny how they both have similar acronyms: DD for Dragon's Dogma and dd for deep down if we're following the style from the trailers, otherwise they're both DD.

As for DMC5 or even DmC2, I don't really know. If Capcom chooses DmC2 and wants NT's assistance, then they're probably going to have to wait since Ninja Theory is working on the Blue Girl game. If Capcom's just going to make DmC2 without NT's help, then sure I guess that's a possibility since Capcom already has Dante's and Vergil's combat systems along with a simple story to continue: Vergil leading the demons, Dante and Kat as resistance fighters, and Limbo and the normal world fused together. Capcom could introduce angels too, as some third-party faction.

For DMC5, if we just disregard the story and consider DMC's "story" like a cartoon's, then whatever can happen because it can. That said, the combat is just there waiting to be improved on from DMC4. Heck, DmC introduced a couple of nifty ideas like having chargeable moves such as Drive being quicker and having more flexibility in combat, along with different weapons being able to follow up pause combos, and pretty much expanded Vergil's moveset so if there's going to be a Vergil returns story, then maybe some things from Vergil's Downfall can transition to DMC5. Oh, and maybe they could try out that gunplay concept from DmC's debut trailer. Y'know, the thing with Dante jumping over the Stygian shooting it in mid-air and Dante sort of doing combos with Ebony & Ivory. If DMC5 happens then I would love to see both DMC and DmC continue as parallel installments.

Still, let's be real guys. The unannounced title will be Super Devil May Cry 4: Smokin' Sick Stylish Edition or SDMC4: SSSE. Play the beloved game from 2008. New features include the ability to play as Trish, the beautiful and dangerous bombshell, and Credo, the Order's most loyal. Tweaked game mechanics make combat even more smooth! Remastered audio gives Nero, Dante, and others even more personality. Expect Nero to actually say "**** you" a lot! Edgy and appealing to everyone! New tracks highlight the atmosphere of Devil May Cry! After all, Wub Wubs make everything cool! All for the low, low price of $49.99. Available on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, and not the Wii U because it sucks!

Also, not included but will be available later: New costumes for Dante, Nero, Trish, and Credo! Each new, amazing look will be at a low price of $3.99! Dress up Dante in his DmC: Devil May Cry attire! Have Nero look like his father: Vergil! Play as Gloria! And experience Credo in his pajamas! Later on, more risque outfits will be available! Be sure to purchase the tight speedo pack and gothic lolita outfits for the leading males! And have fun with casual, formal, and modest looks for Trish! Fantastic, awesome, great, and crazy!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Still, let's be real guys. The unannounced title will be Super Devil May Cry 4: Smokin' Sick Stylish Edition or SDMC4: SSSE. Play the beloved game from 2008. New features include the ability to play as Trish, the beautiful and dangerous bombshell, and Credo, the Order's most loyal. Tweaked game mechanics make combat even more smooth! Remastered audio gives Nero, Dante, and others even more personality. Expect Nero to actually say "**** you" a lot! Edgy and appealing to everyone! New tracks highlight the atmosphere of Devil May Cry! After all, Wub Wubs make everything cool! All for the low, low price of $49.99. Available on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, and not the Wii U because it sucks!

I'd rather buy another copy of DmC then to buy that hack of crap again. However, Nero actually having a personality does sound good.
Also, not included but will be available later: New costumes for Dante, Nero, Trish, and Credo! Each new, amazing look will be at a low price of $3.99! Dress up Dante in his DmC: Devil May Cry attire! Have Nero look like his father: Vergil! Play as Gloria! And experience Credo in his pajamas! Later on, more risque outfits will be available! Be sure to purchase the tight speedo pack and gothic lolita outfits for the leading males! And have fun with casual, formal, and modest looks for Trish! Fantastic, awesome, great, and crazy!

Ah, yes DLC. That will definitely get Capcom more money.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Oh, please. One game doesn't stop an entire series. If it did, DMC2 would've been the final nail in the series.

Capcom wasn't screwed back then, today where just about everything Capcom has done has been a f**k up or flop and they are in deep financial s**t, DMC is done for and even if they do consider going back to the franchise, it sure as s**t is not gonna be the worst selling and most hated direction in the franchise.

DragonMaster2010

Capcom wasn't screwed back then, today where just about everything Capcom has done has been a f**k up or flop and they are in deep financial s**t, DMC is done for and even if they do consider going back to the franchise, it sure as s**t is not gonna be the worst selling and most hated direction in the franchise.

No, but it will go back to its small niche sales and same old, same old. All I hope is that they won't milk it like Street Fighter. But judging from how disappointing I was with DMC4, I'm pretty sure that's where they're headed.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
No, but it will go back to its small niche sales and same old, same old.

I sure hope so, if they go back to DMC4 Dante with upgraded DMC4 gameplay and make boss fights that will shame MGR. DMC5 will be the first Capcom game I've bought new since MvC3.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

I'd buy that. :shifty: It's going cheap, what a bargain, WHY THE HELL NOT?! Right? Right?

-EDIT-
What time zone are they working off?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think he'd still do another DMC. But he's also busy with DD 2 so I don't know. Plus Koboyashi is busy with SB 4 (thank god), so who knows, maybe they'll hire someone new to do the gameplay for a DMC5 if they ever make one.

If not, then I hope to see DmC2 soon.

Actually SB4 comes out January of 2014 so they're probably almost done and Kobayashi was mainly the producer so he can easily overlook multiple projects if he wanted to.

If Kobayashi and Itsuno are working on a game together he can easily join the development especially if its early in development and late in developing his current game (SB4).

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
How bizarre. DMC5 is a bit of a stretch but I'm crossing my fingers anyway. It has been years after all. :troll:
Any news on a new IP though?

AlastorSword

It won't be DMC5, Devil May Cry is done for, DmC destroyed the franchise and lost more fans than it gained and Capcom won't settle for another just over a million sales, especially with how f**ked they are.

Most of their big franchises now have rivals that all the fans are turning to. Resident Evil fans are turning to Evil Within, DMC fans are turning to Bayonetta & Metal Gear Rising and MegaMan fans have Mighty No 9. Capcom is royally f**ked.

Yeah I think this will be that Dragons Dogma 2 or something, I'll laugh my ass off if it ends up being an Xbox One exclusive XD
You make a valid point...

AlastorSword

Oh, please. One game doesn't stop an entire series. If it did, DMC2 would've been the final nail in the series.
Not really. DMC2 sold less than DMC1 but still broke nearly 2 million in sales. Not to mention before the release of DMC3 and 4 the game was getting solid reviews 7/10 to be exact. It's the whole adjacent thing that I think hurt its image over the years.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Still, let's be real guys. The unannounced title will be Super Devil May Cry 4: Smokin' Sick Stylish Edition or SDMC4: SSSE. Play the beloved game from 2008
And experience Credo in his pajamas!
That's actually very tempting how much was it again ?? 5$ ?? i'm sold :D if they can.

Old DMC lost its direction anyway it needs kamiya/team little devils to make another great DMC game.. otherwise we'll just get a clown dante with boring ass anime love story and more cliches from capcom writing central.

Just look at how Megaman&Resident evil series is begging for mercy killing as kenji&shinji are no longer part of capcom.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
tumblr_mnbosuDxmB1spnf2co1_500.gif

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Besides Sengoku basara and Dragons Dogma what else is up Itsuno's alley, Like Deep Down got announced i don't see DD2, Right now they don't have alot of money to spend so give fans what they want to ensure money...

DragonMaster2010

Besides Sengoku basara and Dragons Dogma what else is up Itsuno's alley, Like Deep Down got announced i don't see DD2, Right now they don't have alot of money to spend so give fans what they want to ensure money...

Yeah, if capcom really wants to start making money again, DMC5 is where they need to start.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Yeah, if capcom really wants to start making money again, DMC5 is where they need to start.

Or Megaman. I mean, it's not like Mighty No. 9 is being supported at all... Yeah, 40,658 backers and $2,317,680 out of a $900,000 goal is nothing. That said, 2 million Monster Hunter 4 copies were sold in Japan, but that's a $39.99 game mostly popular in Japan.

Top Bottom