• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom can't survive the next-gen?

m100t8s

I don't really think so..

So far, This game has the best graphics engine for next-gen. The game's graphics is even better than Sony's PS4 exclusives (Infamous: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall).

Also, This feels more like Dragon's Dogma 2 than a new IP. And Dragon's Dogma was made by the same team members who made DMC3-4 and the same director too.

Kinda sucks that if the people who made Dragon's Dogma are the same one who made Deep Down. There won't be an original Devil May Cry game for the beginning of next-gen.

scionicspectre

Just imagine what DmC on Unreal Engine 4 would look like. They really wouldn't have any boundaries at all with the visuals. I certainly hope to play DmC 2 on the PS4 some day. And just imagine- if the launch titles are this photo-realistic, DmC 2 would have a good head start to be truly compelling.

m100t8s

Of course this is Dragon's Dogma 2 but I quite frankly don't give a f*ck. I want my goddamn MegaMan back.
There won't be a Mega Man game at any rates.
The Mega Man franchise doesn't sell well at all, Kinda a waste of time by making a Mega Man game, then it sells 200-450k units.

Dominus

I must be the only one who isn't excited about fantasy tales with dragons, magic, etc its been overdone to DEATH.. Give me something cyber punk or super futuristic, or something with a futuristic or superhuman character that is fun to control.... Give me a true 3d, 3rd person sequel to Super Metroid...sigh..

edit: Most of these tech demoes probably won't end up being what next gen looks like.. (everyone remember the PS3 "killzone" footage). It happens every new console generation....

Dominus

I recall reading somewhere saying that cyber punk is the next gaming frontier after all these dragon/magic fantasy rpgs... Question is will it sell.... I guess Remember Me counts as well (though that looks pretty bad), and maybe Watch Dogs?

Capcom? Try Sega... They need a miracle title fast.
They need to first sue Gear Box to get their "investment in Borderlands 2" back..

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I must be the only one who isn't excited about fantasy tales with dragons, magic, etc its been overdone to DEATH.. Give me something cyber punk or super futuristic, or something with a futuristic or superhuman character that is fun to control.... Give me a true 3d, 3rd person sequel to Super Metroid...sigh..

edit: Most of these tech demoes probably won't end up being what next gen looks like.. (everyone remember the PS3 "killzone" footage). It happens every new console generation....
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed? It's nothing special but it's still a pretty decent game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I recall reading somewhere saying that cyber punk is the next gaming frontier after all these dragon/magic fantasy rpgs... Question is will it sell....

Well Deus Ex & System Shock didnt do badly, cant recall many Cyberpunk games currently but it is early in the morning. :lol:

I guess the past has been done to death as have many other genres so more developers want to explore it. I dont think the genre will end up as oversaturated as the rest but I think they will sell if done right.

Dominus

Futuristic, Cyberpunk game... "Remember me"?
Yah mentioned that but it looks pretty bad >_<. Maybe Kojima will surprise us with a Snatcher remake instead of making MG games for the rest of his life..
Well Deus Ex didnt do badly, cant recall many Cyberpunk games currently but it is early in the morning. :lol:

I guess the past has been done to death as have many other genres so more developers want to explore it. I dont think the genre will end up as oversaturated as the rest but I think they will sell if done right.
True, I guess i keep forgetting certain games exist.... I think all the genres have been done to death. Let's see Noir kinda not dead, Stranded island kinda overdone, space marines overdone, fantasy/dragons/magic overdone, military shooter overdone.............uhhhhh..... ninjas might get overdone soon...snowboarding/skating was overdone previous gen............ I know how about the WW1 shooter?

AlchemistFromEden

the killzone tech demo from before was cgi, this is actual realtime gameplay, and te other tech demos like the final fantasy and quantic dream game were real because they could manipulate aspects of it in realtime

Dominus

the killzone tech demo from before was cgi, this is actual realtime gameplay, and te other tech demos like the final fantasy and quantic dream game were real because they could manipulate aspects of it in realtime
I'm aware it ended up being CGI but tech demoes that you usually see at these events are usually in game shots with barely anything but rendering code and some scripted sequences, hence why the visuals are buffed to ****. Let alone I don't know if the next-gen stuff they were showing off was on a computer with the "same specs" as the PS4(didn't see the press event)....

I just basically remember with every next gen showing, none of the games end up looking like what they were original shown as in terms of graphical prowess

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Hear me out - next-gen Mega Man title that plays a lot like VANQUISH, with shooting, sliding, jumping, cover, Robot Masters and their Special Weapons, spell gadgets, collecting bolts, upgrading armor, Buster firing rate, charging speed, Essentially...Mega Man Legends meets VANQUISH, I suppose.

Dominus

Hear me out - next-gen Mega Man title that plays a lot like VANQUISH, with shooting, sliding, jumping, cover, Robot Masters and their Special Weapons, spell gadgets, collecting bolts, upgrading armor, Buster firing rate, charging speed, Essentially...Mega Man Legends meets VANQUISH, I suppose.
Lol NOPE, it will be a rpg FPS. Actually FPSes hopefully will die this gen, so maybe a TPS. Though I don't know if I even care about next gen because I bet a ton of developers will crash and burn from the development costs or turn to purely mobile gaming. Capcom announces a new DMC! DMC Refrain 2!

Dark Drakan

Admin
I think Capcom will have to adapt to the next gen just like everyone else & start making use of the new tech capabilities & move with the times.

I know how about the WW1 shooter?

Played some WWI mods in the past & the weapons & equipment are obviously very restricted & they have to prevent you being able to do a lot of things that have become second nature in games. So have to be careful about balancing realism & fun in games like that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yah mentioned that but it looks pretty bad >_<. Maybe Kojima will surprise us with a Snatcher remake instead of making MG games for the rest of his life..

True, I guess i keep forgetting certain games exist.... I think all the genres have been done to death. Let's see Noir kinda not dead, Stranded island kinda overdone, space marines overdone, fantasy/dragons/magic overdone, military shooter overdone.............uhhhhh..... ninjas might get overdone soon...snowboarding/skating was overdone previous gen............ I know how about the WW1 shooter?
Hideo Kojima says he wants to reboot Silent Hill. I would cry tears of joy if this happens. Silent Hill hasn't had a good game since 3 and I need my Silent Hill to come back.

Top Bottom