• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can nDante/Donte/DmCDante/whatever....

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Until reboot dante has at keast a decade more experience and a power and speed boost he can't contend with any original dante post DMC3

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
You know, this being the DmC section and all, you could just say "Dante".
I don't think anybody would be confused.
Don't know if you were replying to me, but I keep specifying because I'm talking about both versions, so if I don't, I'll be the one confused.

Considering in DMC4 dante is a casual 100+ tonner without dt , and by DMC2 is even more powerful again in base form i don't see ndante ripping him in half.

Just quoting to say that I really don't buy this DMC4 before DMC2 chronology.

Here is how I see this "power lvl" thing between various versions of Dante. Dante in DmC is young and only gets to (apparently) master the full range of his powers by the end of his fight with Vergil, red DT eye and all that. So that would put him right there with the DMC3 version, considering they have about the same experience/skill.

To make things simple, I'll just assume that regarding power and experience, Dante is the same character across DMC1, 2 and 4. But I really don't see anything in either of those games that shows the older Dante as someone actually stronger than before. I do see him being more cool headed and mature (to an extent), so he fights better, as we see against Nero. And maybe that's just me, but his "power level" seems almost the same. Even more so in DMC4.

The only times I remember Dante showing a huge boost in power is agains Mundus and in some alternative DT forms in DMC2. But in both those cases I believe there was a Devil Arm or other special artifact involved in said power boost, wasn't it? Sparda's sword and etc.

Do point out if I got something wrong here, but I think older Dante with a traditional equipment would beat DmC Dante by skill, not by raw power.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Another thing to consider is that we've only had one game with nDante so far. That's it. We don't see how far his power level goes with age because we've only seen him in one game. Compared to cDante of DMC1-4 not only is it an unfair advantage for cDante, but honestly a pretty stupid reason to pit them against one another.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If that was the case , then he would always be the strength level he was at in DMC3.

He beat a demon who rivaled mundus with a dt stinger in the anime, he beat the despair embodied in base form so no i guess he never got stronger.

Also in the original canon it is said demons and hybrids get stronger.as they get older.

And skill doesn't mean zilch if your strength isn't enough to damage foes like tde or abigail.

As i said give reboot dante a few years of time to get more powerful and then he may very well surpass the original , but as it stands he would be walked through.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would say more like ten or more man depending on how old classic dante is by DMC2, but ya in the rematch it could go either way i guess.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
If that was the case , then he would always be the strength level he was at in DMC3.

He beat a demon who rivaled mundus with a dt stinger in the anime, he beat the despair embodied in base form so no i guess he never got stronger.

Also in the original canon it is said demons and hybrids get stronger.as they get older.

That demon at the end of the anime was more like Blob Arkham than mundus to be fair. But yeah he did finish off argosax(is that the name?) rather easily too. I did not remember that part about getting stronger as they get older though.

But my thoughts on power-skill are mostly from what we see of Dante vs Nero in DMC4. In their second fight, Dante kind of finishes it of by pinning Nero to the ground and pointing rebellion's blade at his throat. It didn't feel to me like "whoah Nero really is so much weaker than Dante", and more like "yeah, Dante could just chop off Nero's head at any moment in that fight, but he was in control all along".
But yeah, suppose demons do get more powerful with age.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Would be nice to see a DmC 2 for some progression for dante.

I would love a DMC5 to finish the original too.

If they finished the original then the reboot could be the future , screw you capcom

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That demon at the end of the anime was more like Blob Arkham than mundus to be fair. But yeah he did finish off argosax(is that the name?) rather easily too. I did not remember that part about getting stronger as they get older though.

But my thoughts on power-skill are mostly from what we see of Dante vs Nero in DMC4. In their second fight, Dante kind of finishes it of by pinning Nero to the ground and pointing rebellion's blade at his throat. It didn't feel to me like "whoah Nero really is so much weaker than Dante", and more like "yeah, Dante could just chop off Nero's head at any moment in that fight, but he was in control all along".
But yeah, suppose demons do get more powerful with age.

Dante was toying with nero, nero even realised that.Dante simply wanted him to relax he had bo intention to hurt nero.

If he was to fight to defeat and kill nero then he would destroy him.It is not so much nero being weak in comparison , it is more dante.has gotten so powerful by then that everything is a game to him including nero.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You actually think I would dignify that character with the name of "Dante"? Y'all must have short term memory or something.
Anyone else want to abandon thread before DragonMaster, Innsmouth, and Final Offer get here and the conversation is completely overrun by an irrelevance and an exchange of witty insults between the four of them?
C'mon everybody, single file, just like Mr.Drakan taught us, let''s do this the DMC.org Elementary way. Maybe if we behave, we can still fingerpaint self-portraits of our avatars
I call dibs on being the line leader.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Anyone else want to abandon thread before DragonMaster, Innsmouth, and Final Offer get here and the conversation is completely overrun by an irrelevance and an exchange of witty insults between the four of them?
C'mon everybody, single file, just like Mr.Drakan taught us, let''s do this the DMC.org Elementary way. Maybe if we behave, we can still fingerpaint self-portraits of our avatars
I call dibs on being the line leader.
You can't just call dibs. The teacher chooses. Best check yo self befo you wreck yo self.

Exejpgwmv

Out of curiousity, what leads you to that conclusion?

And which Dante are you referring to?

DMC3,DMC1,DMC4,DMC2???
I'm surprised people didn't see how stupidly strong nDante is in the cutscenes.
Hell, he uppercuts Mundus in his giant form, with his bare hands.(With no Dt mind you.)

Exejpgwmv

Considering in DMC4 dante is a casual 100+ tonner without dt , and by DMC2 is even more powerful again in base form i don't see ndante ripping him in half.

If he goes dt classic dante would be vastly stronger again even and this is without the aid of eryx fists. Not.to mention majin dt.

SMT Dante is the most powerful version and he would annihalte ndante so i think maybe you might be expecting too much from ndante.
Sorry, I've just never seen Old Dante display the same kind of pure physical strength New Dante.
For exmple: cDante has never been able to any sort of damage to Savior sized demons with his bare hands. Yet nDante uppercuts Mundus in his giant golem form, bare handed, and with no DT.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh yea, he did deck Megatron in the face with his bare hands. He'd probably be able to shatter the original Dante's face if that kind of punch is any indication.

Top Bottom