• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
So you enjoy watching the game being played rather than playing it?

Grandma? Is that you?
When it's a story focused game yes, playing those kinds of games makes no difference.

In this case watching Conan suck badly at CoD is more fun than playing it, I think the real Grandma here is the one I had to explain that too.

The Final Offer

When it's a story focused game yes, playing those kinds of games makes no difference.

In this case watching Conan suck badly at CoD is more fun than playing it, I think the real Grandma here is the one I had to explain that too.

Aw shucks grandma.

You're the greatest.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I'm sorry, did you just confuse CoD with something with an actual plot?

CoD has about as much story telling prowess as a Michael Bay movie, and each game's story is practically a paranoid xenophobic's military fanfiction.

The Final Offer

I'm sorry, did you just confuse CoD with something with an actual plot?

CoD has about as much story telling prowess as a Michael Bay movie, and each game's story is practically a paranoid xenophobic's military fanfiction.

The thing about Michael Bay movies is that they're geared towards fun and does away with too much focus on story.

If anyone has anything negative to say about this type of story telling then I got three words for you.

Devil May Cry.

/Mindblowing

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The thing about Michael Bay movies is that they're geared towards fun and does away with too much focus on story.

If anyone has anything negative to say about this type of story telling then I got three words for you.
Michael Bay movies aren't fun. They're insufferable.

The Final Offer

Michael Bay movies aren't fun. They're insufferable.

You know what? Chancey, you need to understand why he's chosen for movies such as....

Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Bad Boys
The Purge
Pearl Harbor
Pain and Gain
A Nightmare on Elm Street
A Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the Thirteenth

If none of these movies made you say "Ok that was good." then why the Hell are you talking about Bay in the first place? You literally have no idea what Bay is about and why he's hired. His reputation is indeed carnage on screen and that's how people know what they're getting into and that's why he sells millions and gets hired. I wouldn't have went to go see Transformers if Bay's name wasn't on it with his reputation for explosions. Because that's what I f****ing expect. EXPLOSIONS and visuals.

Just like people don't expect Devil May Cry or Bayonetta to have a good story. This is why these games have a couple million fans. The emphasis on certain features in entertainment are a welcome addition and give directors their stars. Don't attack Bay because he directs the films, attack the writers that gave him the script and scenarios to work with.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You know what? Chancey, you need to understand why he's chosen for movies such as....

Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Bad Boys
The Purge
Pearl Harbor
Pain and Gain
A Nightmare on Elm Street
A Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the Thirteenth
The Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw, and Friday The 13th remakes were not made by Bay, but his production company. And Nightmare on Elm Street was a terrible remake. Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday The 13th were solid to say the least. Then again, I never thought much of the originals in the first place. Never hoped aboard the Leatherface and Jason trains as much as everyone else. I like Texas Chainsaw The Next Generation and Jason X so lol whatever. I was always more of a fan of other horror icons. Michael Myers being my favorite of the old school horror villains.

Ninja Turtles was absolutely dreadful and one of the worst TMNT incarnations I have ever seen. The Purge is one of the stupidest concepts ever and also just a really dumb f#cking movie in the process.

Pearl Harbor is pretty damn historically inaccurate ,and flat out dumb, cliched, and generic. Pain and Gain is also dumb and rather offensive to the families this story was based off of when he decided to turn in reality was a terrible crime in to a comedy with low brow humor and bumbling meat heads presented in some anti hero format. Those dudes in real life raped and murdered people.

As for Transformers, the first one is the only one worth watching. The sequels are the same crap and man do they just put you asleep. Amazing how someone made blowing sh!t up boring.

Bad Boys 2 and The Rock are movies that are more of an exception than a rule when it comes to Bay. Those are actually decent films.

You're trying to tell me that I shouldn't criticize or hate Bay for making these kind of mindless popcorn flicks because that's just what Bay does. Which I won't stop doing. He makes crap, I will call it crap. If he makes something decent then I'll also admit to that. But for the most part he is a sh!t film maker and I won't act like he;s anything else.

His movies are like the fast food of the film industry, they're not good for you, and a bunch of idiot pigs are the ones wanting it most.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Can I just ask how CoD Advanced Warfare ending up leading to Michael Bay rants? I'm confused. Was Michael Bay involved in the development of CoD AW?...

Hm. Well then can we please end this needless discussion then guys. No need to turn this thread in to advanced warfare about quite pointless talk.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think I've been spoilt a bit too much with Battlefield. I like having the environments change, to be able to blow up a building at random and watch the consequence of it. Whereas CoD lacks that, it always has, and I've no hope for it to change, which is fine because otherwise it wouldn't be CoD.
The new CoD looks good, but not good enough for me to run off and buy it (or play it, for that matter).

The Final Offer

I think I've been spoilt a bit too much with Battlefield. I like having the environments change, to be able to blow up a building at random and watch the consequence of it. Whereas CoD lacks that, it always has, and I've no hope for it to change, which is fine because otherwise it wouldn't be CoD.
The new CoD looks good, but not good enough for me to run off and buy it (or play it, for that matter).

You have to at least Shareplay it. It's a entirely different ballgame (gameplay) and people are upset they are getting DEMOLISHED because of the learning curve.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Let's face it. While this game somewhat tried to add something new to the franchise, the plot wasn't that good. It was actually bad. It was so full of holes it can easily be confused with Swiss cheese.
First, you have Jonathan Irons, who in an attempt to look as a complex and sympathetic villain, turns out to contradict himself more than once. For people who actually plan to buy this game SPOILERS AHEAD; He kills hundreds of thousands of soldiers in a biological attack and allows many others to die by hiding crucial intel, but actually refuses to kill the main protagonists because, and please don't laugh, he is not a monster. That's what he says before he leaves the room with the two people than can ruin his plan alive and well; "I'm not a monster."
I thought the rehashed scene where the antagonist nearly kills the protagonist only to be distracted long enough for the latter to gain the upper hand, which is present in most of the previous installments, was ridiculous, but this one is just outrageous.
Second, the way how the good guys find out about Irons' plans is too cheap. Basically, they fight this terrorist who has been playing the recurring antagonist 'till now, and he hands you a flash drive before he dies that shows Irons' killing a scientist in cold blood. How he caught that footage is never explained.
To describe it as simply as possible, the campaign of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is like a series of sequences of the good guys being cornered and then being allowed by the dumb antagonists to find a solution. It's like Star Wars all over again, without the good parts.

Teal

It switches between future, present, near future and past settings. The first three games are set during the second WW, if I'm not mistaken. The Modern Warfare games are set during the present and near-future, with MW3 being set somewhere around 2017-18. World at War returns to the World War, Black Ops visits the Cold War while Black Ops 2 switches between Cold War and a fictional 2025 Cold War 2. Call of Duty Ghosts is set in a post-Apocalyptic future, while the recent addition, Advanced Warfare, is set in 2054, 59 and 60.
Also, they're anything but realistic military simulators. More like a crowd pleasing action packed Bay-esque videogame. Not as ridiculous as Metal Gear or Gears of War, but it comes close.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Oh cool, in that case i might actually try one of the later titles then.

Is it something i'd have to play the previous titles or can i just jump in anywhere ?

Pretty sure that CoD Modern Warfare 1-3 and Black Ops 1 & 2 are stories that follow on from each other.

Meg

"Press X to pay respects"

I knew CoD was stupid, but that's leaking industrial grade stupid.
Yeah, I like the game, but that was just :cautious:

I tried not paying respects because I wanted to see what would happen. I couldn't continue the game until I did it. On the plus side people won't get ****ed at you for wandering around the funeral aimlessly. I want next-fen games where if the player refuses to "press x to pay respects" the characters will get mad at you and be like "wow, you're an asshole. He was your best friend and everything." That would be funny. :laugh:

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Teal

Oh cool, in that case i might actually try one of the later titles then.

Is it something i'd have to play the previous titles or can i just jump in anywhere ?
It depends.
Modern Warfare 2 continues Modern Warfare 1's story while Modern Warfare 3 ends it. Black Ops 2 continues Black Ops' story, but they're both set in the same universe as World at War (you don't have to play WaW to follow the story of Black Ops, tho'). Call of Duty Ghosts and Advanced Warfare are standalone games, although both hint at a sequel.
If you're going for any of the franchises, go with the Black Ops franchise. It's got the best story and you get to meet alot of real historical figures, which is pretty cool.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
think i will wait til i see some gameplay footage to judge it i am a cod fan but i think they need a few changes for it like maybe a game set in the cold war or gulf war etc instead of modern futuristic or world war eras

I'd like to see Call of Duty set in World War I or Korean War. IIRC, there was a Call of Duty set into the Vietnam War (Black Ops?)

Top Bottom